If I blend 1kg of peanuts, will I get 1kg of peanut butter?

Or will the weight somehow change afterwards from going to solid & whole nuts, to a smooth butter form?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ufhghYV6CQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uh752bxHEeU
youtube.com/watch?v=BjzTBYN8Mck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>just blending peanuts
Thats not how peanut are made

you will need to add some butter and real canadian maple syrup.

Mass stays the same, volume may change. Also I hope you have a powerful blender.

You must be a fat fuck if you like your peanut butter with added butter and maple syrup. That's beyond unnecessary.

Roasted nuts (almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.) is all you need to make nut butter. Additional ingredients are not necessary at all. Maybe a pinch of salt.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufhghYV6CQ0

I have a Vitamix.

>does bleening peanuts somehow violate the laws of thermodynamics
No

>an advertising video on youtube amde by actors proves it guys
That's dangerously naive

Try it and take pictures

>if I blend something will I loose mass?
>kg

European education everyone.

seriously there are some fucking retards itt

>does conservation of mass work?

>american education

Not ITT, you obsessed irrelevant faggot.

>kilograms
>American

No

its the same amount, the peanuts are condensed so the volume of room they take up may be smaller

i use a kitchenaids immersion hand blender to make nut butter, works fine too

who are you quoting?

You will end up with slightly less because if you didn't then you wouldn't need to wash the blender bowl and blades.

is someone going to tell OP that he needs to add oil or something to emulsify or are we all gonna let him make a kg of peanut dust

nuts are fat bro,
the oil is already in the nut
the nut IS the oil

what is peanut oil?

you go ahead and blend nothing but peanuts, tell me how that works out

What, and blending them in a household blender is going to be enough to rip the oil molecules from it's physical structure?? Go look up how they extract nut oils

ok

im fuckin american and the amount of
>american education
in this thread is killing me

You're not extracting the oil. You're collapsing the solids into it.

>making up fake broscience to save face anonymously
The absolute state of human evolution

from wikipedia:
"At this point, salt, and a vegetable oil stabilizer are added to the fine grind to produce the peanut butter. This adds flavour and allows the peanut butter to stay as a homogenous mixture.[23]"

>inb4 hurrdurr wikipedia isnt a credible source

It's not the 'American Education', it's the jackasses that are commenting on something they know nothing about.

I bet half the people commenting have never made peanut butter.

health nuts shouldn't be allowed to post here. The video you posted is literally how to make a "healthy peanut butter alternative in a vitamix" to appeal to soccermoms. Go back to to do your calorie counting.

i can't tell what you're arguing for or against, but the oil stabilizer are so the oil doesn't separate from the peanut grind. that's why you see the oil on top in organic jars of peanut butter.

I'm arguing that some type of fat needs to be added in the process of making peanut butter to turn the peanut meal into actual peanut butter instead of a mound of peanut grounds

at some point you have to realize blending dry solids doesnt make paste

then you're wrong. you don't seem like you're trolling, so i'm not sure what you're trying to do here. I literally explained the vegetable stabilizer to you.

Aren't you the guy who is insisting that peanut butter can't be made with a household blender and that it must be purchased from the corporate machine?

Well, you're wrong. When the oil separates you can just stir it back in, but when most people buy stuff from the store they panic at the sight of such things.

are you saying that when you blend peanuts the oil comes out to such a degree that it pools? because it doesn't

No. If you leave it to sit for a few days a little will come to the surface, especially in hot weather.

As long as it's sealed yes but then you have to remove it from the blender and you would waste some in the process

Where did you think that oil comes from? Did you know you can buy peanut meal that is literally peanut butter without emulsifying with oil?

Peanuts aren't dry solids. I guess you've only ever eaten roasted peanuts, but even they are still oily so I don't know why you think a peanut is dry. It's like 75% oil

Please follow the response train. You're arguing with the wrong person.

>Aren't you the guy
Anonymous in the name field doesn't mean we're the same person...

things are just getting confusing now, there's like five people here

Cognitive dissonance, the post.

It's over.

youre going to just make peanut flour.

But instead of arguing with us, your mind sounds already set. So blend them and get back to us

You're new here aren't you?

I think it's the same person who has finally accepted that they made a mistake and now they're just acting silly and shifting blame.

that's what I've been saying, like I fucking make peanut butter pretty regularly I'm just trying to keep people from screwing it up. fuck it just let them do it their way

>peanut flour
Have you lost your mind?

youtube.com/watch?v=uh752bxHEeU

This thread really encapsulates the current state of Veeky Forums.

I mean, if I could just fucking livestream what happens when you try either method I would, but I feel like even if these asshats could physically see their mistake happening live they still would refuse to accept it

Unless you're somehow not able to extract all of the peanut butter from the blender, you should generally expect that 1 Kg of peanuts -> 1 Kg of peanut butter.

As much as people here rail against Reddit, they've got two things that Veeky Forums boards usually lack; people who actually know what they're doing, and people who're humble enough to admit they don't know jack.

Where's the added oil?

you can literally make your own 100% peanut peanut butter at most decent grocery stores

industrial peanut butter production involves what is basically powdered peanuts instead of dealing with the extra work of processing whole peanuts

Yes, using actual peanut butter making machines, not a countertop blender

where's the powdered peanuts?

>makes a nice little mspaint arrow to prove a point
>misses the fact that these are for two very different serving sizes
when did 22 grams equal 100 grams?

>powdered peanuts are not processed peanuts
so basiacally you're just insisting that peanut butter can't be made at home so if you want it then you have buy from corporations. got it.

>t. illiterate baboon

see

I'm sorry you can't comprehend basic nutrition labels
literally no one said or insinuated that at any point in this thread except you

You know, when I put that together I initially underlined the "per 100g" but thought nobody can be THAT stupid, right? Then you happened so now I'm rooting for North Korea.

ya'll are just trolling at this point, I'm done with this retarded shit, go ahead and put your peanuts into your fucking kitchen aid by themselves and try it yourself if you're so adamant that alone will make peanut butter

>filename
the absolute state of this bread

>blending peanuts doesn't produce peanut butter
and this is how retardation dies.

You're an absolute retard. Peanut butter is literally just smashed up fucking peanuts. I've made it in a fucking mortar and pestle for fucks sake. Plus those machines at the grocery store, what do you think they do, add fucking magic to the peanuts?

the argument is that you need to add oil to your peanuts if you're just gonna use a kitchen blender, any other method besides that is irrelevant not only to this argument but to the thread

user, there's a little subheading at the top of the chart that says "avg quantity per 100g"
And the whole 22g thing is just to tell you what the average serving size is

not to be an asshole, but you're dumb

>checks peanut butter ingredients on jar at home
>100% peanuts
>no other ingredient
Nigger, you lie.

where does peanut oil come from?

Maybe in your shitty bargain basement blender but some people can afford to spend more than ten dollars.
It blending peanuts like grinding coffee?

See That's what the arrows are for. The quantity remains the same, bar 0.5g which is negligible.

>peanut oil - how's it made
obviously scientist make it by mashing up peas and then nutting on it. then SCIENCE = peanut oil

>getting desperate
>b-but user, where does the water from oranges in orange juice come from
Nih-Grrrr

the point was that peanut oil is in peanuts

But you are wrong. All you need is a powerful food processor and lots of peanuts.

Peanuts are far from dry.

he's an american scientist

You do not know what you are talking about.

but is it an ""other"" ingredient?

>the argument is that you need to add oil to your peanuts
And the argument, as I said, is fucking retarded. Those machines at the store don't secretly add oil, it's literally a hopper of peanuts that go through a grinder into your tub. You can do the exact same shit with a sturdy blender or food processor or in my case a fucking mortar and pestle. Just peanuts, smashed up into peanut butter, nothing added.

What are you not getting about this?

That you will never give up on trying to explain it to him no matter how long he pretends to not understand.

industrial grinder meant for making peanut butter =/= a blender

i like peanut paste

mmm mmm look at that tasty peanut butter

here we have some extra creamy ;)

This shit is literally the best peanut butter I've tried, and its got nothing but peanuts and salt. Even other natural peanut butters aren't that good. The quality of a peanut butter depends entirely on the quality of the actual peanuts and of the roast itself. If you need additives like vegetable oils, sugars, and stabilizers to enjoy or even tolerate peanut butter then you are subhuman filth.

Guys, I put in 2 oz of gold in my blender and ended up with oz of gold dust.
Is this normal?
Should I contact my blender company?

this is not normal, you should have ended up with a viscous pool of molten gold

Shoulda added gold oil and that wouldn't have happened.

This, but the unsalted kind.

Have you ever dropped a jar of peanut butter and siad WOW I LOVE PLASTIC JARS

youtube.com/watch?v=BjzTBYN8Mck

>all these future roasties and soyboys

Nut but I purposefully avoided glass jars and got peanut butter in the plastic jars. Granted I was using peanut butter as cheap calories backpacking so the extra weight and fragility of glass were a concern.

I prefer my peanut butter in cans.

>Adams
Tip top taste, user

see >defatted
>fat removed

se also
>have you lost your fucking mind?

that's

exactly my point sir