How do you prepare your Brussels sprouts?

How do you prepare your Brussels sprouts?

Cut in half, toss in olive oil and minced garlic, bake at 400, toss every 20 minutes, until its appropriately crispy

This but sometimes I add shallot and a splash of balsamic.
I've also deep fried them once and was fantastic

THis & add bacon and some sliced almonds.

either these or i'll fry up like a half pound of bacon and toss in my halved sprouts, fuck around with them until they're a little blistered and throw some butter in there after i take them off.

man i love sprouts

Balsamic at the beginning or the end?

Beginning. It caramelizes and tastes amazing

Ever try a flavored one?

Steamed, seasoned with salt and vinegar.

>steamed
You're gonna have to sell me on this, senpai

the vinegar is what sells it probably. then again, i like steamed cabbage with vinegar. not everyone's cup of tea.

>steamed
why tho

half em, sear em.
butter, balsamic, salt, pepper.
cook til thicken and glazed

Refrigerate, wash, cut in half.

Melt coconut oil and mix in chili powder, garlic powder, salt.

Put halved brussels and oil in a latge tupperware and shake to coat. The Brussels are cold so the oil ahould form a shell all over each one.

Place the Brussels cut-side down on a baking sjeet, bake at 350. When they're almost cooked, if the top hasnt browned much yet, turn the heat to 400 and bake until the top is crispy.

They start to taste sweet if you steam them long enough, I guess it breaks down the cell walls and lets the natural sugars out, and gets rid of that mustard-y sensation they can sometimes have. They taste good roasted and cooked other ways too but they tend to dry out. I also just like the texture because of all the layers of leaves, and steaming doesn't really mess with that.

And like says, since they're slightly sweet after steaming the vinegar goes really well with that.

Brown a medium, sweet onion, a clove of garlic, and 2 strips of bacon in pot.
Remove from heat, add 1 pound of Brussels sprouts.
Add enough chicken stock to cover them halfway.
Boil covered for 20 minutes.

This same recipe works for collard greens, cabbage, and turnip greens as well. Just adjust the cooking time.

Steam for 10 minutes, I like some crunchiness. Boiling these gives them a bad taste, dunno why

Extra boiled the way god intended

That's how I prepare them. I hate brussel sprouts. :(

The worst flavor about them is their bitterness. I have only had a few times that I ever liked them. Once they were almost sweet. i have no clue how they did it, but they also seemed younger, and more of the bigger, bitter leaves were removed. Maybe that is the key.

boiling water 15-20 seconds then fry them on low heat with lots of butter and diced bacon, salt, herbs, pepper

Just ram your face into it

Here's similar question - how do I prepare broccoli so it won't taste bad?
I've always thought it's some kind of disgusting shit only vegans eat, but people here tend to say it just has to be prepared properly.

You throw them in the bin

I just throw frozen ones into the oven for 20 minutes, grind black pepper on them afterwards and they taste alright with minimal effort.

Cut off the bottoms, remove outer leaves. Rinse off.

Put in loosely covered bowl and microwave until soft.

Season with butter & black pepper.

Enjoy the natural flavor of the sprout.

>Once they were almost sweet.
>They start to taste sweet if you steam them long enough, I guess it breaks down the cell walls and lets the natural sugars out, and gets rid of that mustard-y sensation they can sometimes have.
I know most people say to cook vegetables until they're "tender-crisp" but sometimes they do just taste better when fully cooked or what some people might consider overcooked.

Deep fried, covered in cheese ranch.

Pan fry with a good sweet balsalmic vinegar.

Straight from the freezer to running hot water until no longer cold, then eat like popcorn

Can't be done, broccoli is shit no matter what you do to it.

Steam it until it's soft, squeeze out excess water (don't throw this away though, it's pretty nutritious, use it in a soup or something) and mash it up to mix into something else. I usually do this for mac and cheese. You can also just bread it and fry it, though that's a bit unhealthier if you're looking for a light vegetable side dish.

I like raw broccoli, and fully cooked broccoli, but "tender-crisp" vegetables I don't like. Doesn't have any benefits, it's like the worst parts of each. If you've been cooking them that way try just steaming it and seasoning with some salt and vinegar. That pretty much works for any vegetable, I've found.

>likes wet uncooked brussels sprouts
>doesn't like broccoli
ur weird

>place on paper plate
>nuke in microwave
>cut in half
>sprinkle garlic powder
>fill each halved sprout with tobasco brand hot sauce

sauteed in bacon fat with onion and garlic, served with lemon zest and toasted crushed nuts