So I've only got $42 to survive on for the next two weeks

So I've only got $42 to survive on for the next two weeks.

What should I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1252113/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go to Sams Club and go to the big slop of sh*t section and get it in bulk.

Rice and beans
Put the rest into your savings account

What type of rice? What type of beans?

Guess you're eating ramen for the next two weeks

White and black, obviously.

chicken thighs, rice, and mixed veggies

n-no :(

Buy more money

Bro 42 bucks for 2 weeks is easy as fuck. 10 boxes of pasta for a dollar each, any kind. A bag of parsley 1 dollar. Bag of yellow onions 1 dollar. 3 bulbs of garlic 1 dollar. bottle of olive oil, small 4 dollars. 10 cans of tuna ten dollars. done.

But what would I eat?

Go to Aldis

Two tubs of yogurt - $6
Baby carrots - $1 for a bag
Bag of sweet potatoes - $2
Frozen bags of broccoli and cauliflower are like $1 each

Do you have pans? I live off nothing. I buy the 12 dollar galllons of olive oil buy one get one free yearly. So I have salt, pepper and a handful of seasonings from a local amish place for cheap (pepper flakes, basil) I grow my own oregano.

Basically you do pasta, if you have the money top it with a good block of parm. Its single pan. Pot and pan. Boil water with salt (Salt is a dollar for many months worth)

Olive oil hot in pan, onion, garlic. Pepper flakes basil. if you can affordstock and wine it gets higher (Cheap wine, not amazing shit - grocers sell cooking wine for nothing)

Im drunk as fuck because I can feed myself and buy one dollar malt liquer. You add noodles to it all and add tuna during or eat it as an aside. Eggs are cheap as fuck soa re potatoes. I routinely fry potatoes in olive oil and eggs in the dripping leftover of the oil. Look up parboiling potatoes and frying them. Eggs are 100% choice for budgets no exceptions. Hard boil them if youre retarded.

Do a weeklong fast.
Now you only have to last one week ;)

Fasting is healthy. I recommend health availing. Same poster as here
Though fasting is all relative.You cant work construction and fast for a week.

Limes and avocados

Never buy either on a budget. Ever. A big bag of rice or beans goes further (Even canned veg does)

I'll actually help you cause I've been there, go to Aldi or any discount grocer, Walmart works if you don't feel like searching for one

Rice
Beans
Corn tortillas
Eggs
Peanut butter
Salsa
One bag of frozen veg.
Soy sauce if you don't have it on hand

All that should be about 20 bucks or less, and if it's less go ahead and buy a block of cheese

You don't get to eat breakfast other than a peanut butter or cheese taco but that's going to be your lunch, so be mindful of that. Your dinners will either be fried rice with egg and frozen veggies or bean tacos with salsa. The next week you'll have some stuff left over to get creative. Don't buy potatoes as they're expensive for not a lot of calories.

hope this helps man

100% agree except for salsa. Never buy store salsa. Six tomatoes can be as cheap as a dollar, a bundle of cilantro (Always expires weeks before parsley) and an onion + chips is cheap enough. I grow my own tomatoes ad onions so its cheaper. Jarred salsa... is honestly similar to storebought fresh.

fair enough, i won't fight you over salsa.

Good, its cheap.

42 cheeseburgers from mickey dees.

alternatively oats, rice, dry beans & whatever vegetables you can get. also eggies

>cilantro
nope

Canned chili. 2 cans a day.

Eggs deenz rice beenz and some offal and greens peppers onions garlics and things. Oh and potatoes.

-t. soyboy

Buy bulk and freeze some so it lasts through the weeks. Also try to make some more money, get a job going

you cant afford meat on $42

Drugs.

eggs, pasta, beans, rice, ramen, oil

>So I've only got $[the meaning of life] to survive on for the next two weeks.

??
intended passive reference?

I just bought 9 pounds of salmon for $18. Just had to clean, scale, and break it down. Meat is cheap if, like anything, you buy it in bulk.

Deenz are cheap, so is delicious offal. Beef heart, liver, kidneys and so on. And very very good for you to boot. Also pork and chicken are generally less than $1/lb.

rice and bar-s hotdogs

7x deenz = $7
2lb onions = $1
7x pasta bags = $7
7x dollar loaves of bread = $7
7x cans of tomatoes = $3.5
2x big jars of the cheapest peanut butter = $6
2x bags of frozen veggies = $4
Bag of rice = $2
dozen eggs = $4

Pretty basic diet.
1 can deenz every two days, on toast.
Peanut butter sandwiches every day.
Rice and veggies, with maybe a can of deenz or eggs.
Onions cooked in a pan and then a can of tomatoes and some frozen veggies added served with boiled pasta.

It's basic, but it's not terrible and it can feed you on like 3 dollars a day. Offal meat can replace the sardines if you don't like them, seven dollars of offal will go a long way. Ground beef or chicken thighs are also often pretty cheap.

Another option is chicken noodle soup, which you can make fairly large servings of which freeze well. Buy a couple of chicken frames which are cheap as anything, sometimes butchers will near give them away. Roast the frame, flake off and reserve as much meat as you can, and boil the carcasses to make a stock. Then cook carrot, onion and if you can afford it, celery diced fine in a big pot. Add the chicken stock, cheap egg noodles and the flaked chicken meat. That's a very bare bones recipe but you can look up more involved processes.

Saffron

$42 for 2 weeks is fucking plenty.
Get some cheap meat in bulk (chicken, cheap fish, ground beef, etc), bulk cheap carbs (white rice, bread, whatever), whatever veg is on sale. Maybe some peanut butter or something.

What's so good about sardines? I would have thought you could put that $7 towards something more essential.

high protein, high calorie. Full of good nutrition. They're comparable at that price to pretty much any source of animal protein, with the possible exception of eggs.

It's the Veeky Forums shit food circlejerk of the week, nothing more.

Ah right. I guess I'll check them out then.

Check out the youtube video series called Big on a budget.
They start at $50 a week for huge bulks.
Just buy similar, and eat half of their massive servings.

Ah yes Saffron, ally to the poor.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1252113/

Scientists fed a man and woman for months on almost nothing but potatoes and they did fine, no joke.

can I get some help too? I got $193 left for 2 weeks and I'm at a loss. a dinner usually cost $20-30 and that's just one meal.

Buy litecoin

You could buy a fuckload of top ramen andbsome hamburger meat for some poorfag struggle

What are you, fucking retarded? I spend 100 every two weeks on food in the most decadent city on earth and thats if i splurge a little. Get fucked

oil
rice
beans
potatoes.
eggs.
lots of fucking potatoes.
You can live off just baked/boiled potatos without consuming anything else for years and you will be fine, and they are cheap

like an user said too, sliced and fried potatoes in light oil (and a bit of seasoning like thyme) is fucking delicious and cheap. If ever you feel hungry shortly even after eating a lot of potatoes or rice it's cause your body is being whiny about protein, so eat 2-3 eggs and you're good for the rest of the day or two on protein cravings.

you should have extra money so spend that on fresh produce you like in bulk/cheap bags

I also recommend buying most if not all this at discount stores.

Not only is 42 easy to live on for 2 weeks it's fun cause you'll have to cook, and it tastes good (at least to me) but I already love eating beans and potatoes and eggs.

well fuck you too then. I didn't come here to argue but I'll throw down if you want to, motherfucker.

Shit, ive been living on about $200 a month for a while now and im eating pretty good. I could spend more but i got some shit I want to buy and im saving up the best way i can

So it's pasta for lunch, dinner, and breakfast?

>7x deens = $7
>dozen eggs = $4
>7x loaves of bread = $7
Where the hell do you live? Deenz are always at least $1.50/can and eggs are usually 1.50/dozen. Sometimes on special they're $0.80/dozen. Sandwich bread is at least $1.50 as well.

It's the Italian way

lucky

Soy milk
Soy noodles
Soy sauce
Soy beans
Soy oil
You're welcomd

Yes, we know... he is joking, Reddit.

I'll fight him over salsa because I see no lime juice being squeezed here.

Three limes.

strikes

This but unironically.

>3 bags frozen vegetable
>boneless chick x 5
>oats, bread, nutella and rest for milk
Wow so hard

I have a dollar and change for the next six weeks. I'll make it. OP is just a weak willed bitch if he can't manage on pennies a day.

bulk make chilli

mince, onions, chilli powder, chopped tomatos.