Why do people say rinse your beans?

Why do people say rinse your beans?
Is the bean juice bad for me?

Canned bean liquid doesn't always taste good, and the viscous nature isn't always desirable.

If you're referring to canned beans, it's because that juice is mostly starch and salt - which will fuck up the taste/texture of anything you add it to.

you're washing off dirt and dust
they sit in warehouses for literally years

Why would sitting longer mean dust gets inside the can?

why would you buy canned beans?
it's the cheapest commodity food ever

I don't want to bother soaking them.

just leave them soaking overnight dumbass

>buy a can's worth of dry beans for $1.15
>submerge and soak
>simmer for six hours and jack up your power bill
>tastes like shit unless you dump in $5 of spices
>toss the water
vs.
>buy a can of decently seasoned, perfectly cooked beans for $1.50
>heat
>eat

Fucking this, jesus christ.
You can also freeze the moisture into the beans after you soak them. Just bag them and freeze them if you need beans so quickly.

>$5 of spices
You are some kind of special little guy aren't you?

>can's worth of dry beans for $1.15
where do you live lmao
there's probably 11 cents worth of beans in any canned cooked bean product which then gets marred by the taste of salt and preservatives to make it unnaturally shelf stable for 2 YEARS after cooking

No.

I need the beans now not tomorrow.

then maybe you should soak beans yesterday so you can have them now
you're not a very convincing troll, but I do fully understand if this is actually how you live your life, I've met many young people who have this attitude toward cooking.
their most used cooking implement is a can opener

Can bans are better than dry beans.
It's true, look it up.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with using canned beans you goddamn motherfuckers

>He already knows what he will want for dinner in 24 hours

How does it feel to be a sheep so predictable a five line ruby script could run your entire life?

yeah maybe if you're stupid and enjoy eating lethal amounts of sodium, pissing out kidney stones and having your arteries explode from high blood pressure

it makes you brap if you dont

>le salt is bad for you meme
>le beans can't be rinsed meme

>he can't control his salt intake
look at this jabroni

>He already knows what he will want for dinner in 24 hours

yeah why buy food in advance?
what kind of mindless drone knows what he wants to eat a whole week in advance?

>yeah why buy food in advance?

Nigger I *buy* food in advance. I have shelves filled with beans - CANNED beans, because I don't know if I want beans tomorrow so dried beans won't do me any good.

beans are beans, you can choose to prepare them any way you want once they're rehydrated
if you're incredibly stupid, you can also just start boiling them dry but they'll take twice as long to cook and will turn mushy

I like both types, but there isn't much of an economic advantage to buying dried (certain varieties) over canned here in the UK at least.

Kidney, cannellini, borlotti, butter, flagelot, rose, chickpeas (both desi and big ass white fat ones) are often 3-5 cans for £1. Some of these cans are 30p all the time anyway. Assuming a 1:3 yield based on dry we are looking at 400g-666g equivalent to dry for £1. Dry cost ranges from 80p - £1.90 for 400-500g.

Of course this goes out the window when you start looking at more exotic beans as the price break is only on the common canned varieties. Also you can always bulk buy beans, but they are more often than not at least £1 for 400g even in larger pack sizes. You have better luck finding supermarkets that sell small packets retarded cheap or on offer and buying the lot.

I like both, but don't ignore canned based on price alone, they are also convenient. I'm more likely to add beans to rice, stews and curries as an afterthought if I've canned to hand. Also america seems to be the only country where you have to sweat crazy salt, sugar additions in canned goods.

I used to make a trip to an indian supermarket twice a year and bulk buy, but recently been quite disappointed. Like black beans are 400g for £1, 800g for £1.90, 1.2kg for £2.90. I'm like where is the price break bitches? Waitrose has them for 80p for 500g all the time with occasional two for £1.50 offers.

Or it'll be like - man these pinto beans are hella cheap .. wait what the fuck why are the split peas twelve times the price of anywhere else? I just want to stock up! OR you'll see 25kg of something and the per kilo price will be 10p cheaper than buying small bricks in a supermarket, but it'll be 15% stones and dirt.

I don't like do this either. I'm not going to plan a meal 24 hours in advance, or, if I do, it's not going to be the shitty sort of meal that contains beans.

>no one on the cooking board owns a pressure cooker
>no one knows the joy of having dried beans cooked deliciously within 2 hours

That is horse shit. I've a pressure cooker and it is brilliant for cooking dried beans because it shortens the time of the cooking step, but don't pretend that you don't have to soak them still before cooking. Wait, let me clarify. Varieties you can get away with not soaking (black eyed peas, split peas) will cook (but not be as good as if soaked first) just like normal boiling.

Varieties you can't get away without soaking (chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans) will cook (unlike normal boiling) but will not be as good as if soaked first. By not as good I mean they'll explode and turn into starch mush with all the skins floating on the top, they'll have a terrible granular/powdery texture. You'll wish you didn't bother. (seriously man try pressure cooking unoaked kidney beans lol)

I prefer cola and potato chips

canned beans are 30-40p in england
hardly worth the effort to prepare dried ones

To reduce the Raffinose content, which gives you gas.

no, it's the boiling which breaks down the sugars
also, canned beans shouldn't give you gas, as they have been cooked and canned
in short, only undercooked beans make you fart.
this can be offset with herbs such as fennel and dill