Why do litniggers dislike RL Stine so much? He's the 1990s version of JK Rowling - he got kids to read...

Why do litniggers dislike RL Stine so much? He's the 1990s version of JK Rowling - he got kids to read, and was actually talented.

This book probably shaped how I interacted with the world desu.

And now you're NEET, desu?

No one really dislikes him, it's just kids literature. I've been shilling it, but The Blob That Ate Everything is a nice introduction to postmodernism for kids. And The Haunted School is a good example of how a bewildering atmosphere can be more terrifying than just muh monsters

I've never met anybody who hated R.L. Stine. I remember having a blast reading Goosebumps.

Who says we hate R. L. Stine? I love the guy. Campy nostalgic fun.

Because we don't read childrens literature and why would we talk about what we read as kids?

Agreed, but
>JK Rowling
>actually talented instead of retaded

You all enjoyed Harry Potter as a youth, don't even try to lie about it.

>implying we were young when Harry Potter came out

Are you over 40?

There’s no need to use the N word, user.

Why do people always omit to specify what's the "N" word they talk about? I stopped my use of the letter a year ago to make sure that I stay politically correct, but it is very cumbersome. I miss it a lot. :(

I read my first Goosebumps book in its entirety in one day.

Man now I want to read Goosebumps again

Seems like just a rip off of Goosebumps but this book legit gave me nightmares. Can't remember if it was better or worse

I was with you until you said he was talented.

>retaded
Come on, now.

he was also very popular outside of the anglosphere, I read dozens and dozens of his books in French as a kid, and remember really liking them.

>The Blob That Ate Everything is a nice introduction to postmodernism for kids
I don't know if this is a joke or an actual opinion. Please explain.

Man those covers are nostalgic as fuck. They remind me of my cousin’s house. He lived in a woodsy suburb in New Jersey. Whenever I went there, I had the feeling that the true America, the place of baseball mitts and apple pies, of innocence and long summers, was all around me.

>nihilistic little clichéd horror stories where bad things happen to children for no reason presenting no moral lesson written by a Jew

Hard pass.

what's there to dislike? who cares? reading isn't a zero sum game

kids don't miss out on just so stories or the wind in the willows just cause they read goosebumps too

I think that you misunderstand the sort of ideal that Stine was copying. It's a children's version, in literature form, of the Twilight zone. I enjoyed some of the series but it clearly plagiarized several episodes of tz. There's cartoons and movies that take some of the concepts from tz and redo them in a recognizable and tasteful way. It's just a very different thing when you write a whole book about it.

I didn't. I tried reading the first book as a kid and dropped it not too far in. I haven't read any more to this day so I don't shitpost about them too much, since I don't know how bad they actually are. I just know they were too pleb for my young self. My friends who normally didn't read loved HP.

Goosebumps got me into reading desu. My mom tried to force Harry Potter shit on me but I never liked the faggotry from the start.

Must have read like 25-30 Goosebumps between the age of 7-10. Still have all of them. Good times.

i remember when the school sent a "notice to the parents" telling them to not let the kids read this kind of garbage and force them to read instead huckleberry finn and stuff like that

still got like a 100 of the books and read them all, also read huckleberry finn and liked it but that was unrelated and had nothing to do with the teacher's notice

Nah they're ripoffs of 1950s comics and B movies. He basically tried to recreate that nostalgic Boomer comics culture among '90s kids in a format cheaper to produce and succeeded.

Here's the thing about Stine. He was a JEEEEEEEEEW oy vey a JEW oy gevalt these goyim I tell ya JEW Jew JEW Jew JEW bagels JEEEEEEEEEW big nosed money loving JEW elite JEEEEEW curly hair JEEEEEEE EEEEEEEW white genocide JEW feh what would I want with these goyim JEEEEEEEEEW verklempt JEW Jew JEW Jew JEW nagging mother JEEEEEEEEW nice Jewish boy JEW Jew JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW by god I'll brain that bloody Jewman JEW I'll crucify him I will JEEEEEEEEEEEEEW Kek a kike! Kek a kike! Kek a kike! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEW /pol/pol/pol/pol/pol/pol/ JewJewJewJewJewJew can't spell Jew without "ew" JEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEW rabbi JEW big nose (for you) JEEEEEEEEEEEW jerry Seinfeld JEEEEEW Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew oy vey It's another Shoah J E W J E W J E W remember the six billion goyim! Jewjewj ew jew jej jej e jew jew jew JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE