All this sardine talk lately has got me thinking about adding them to a red sauce. Is it super fishy...

All this sardine talk lately has got me thinking about adding them to a red sauce. Is it super fishy? ive never had red sauce fishy :s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hr3M3BxbsTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

U mean tomato? Would be good i think

yeah tomato. Maybe a whit sauce, some creme and butter. I dunno but im hungry, have 1 can of deens and one can whole tomatoes

U got garlic?

i have a few peeled cloves in oil, put i cant really dice anything. i have a splint on my prominent hand

Just go for it man. Post results

A sardine fillet or two is a common ingredient in many sauces to give it a hit of MSG and saltiness.

Sardines in Tomato Sauce is a fairly common dish

Im just worried im going to waste my last 2 tins of food. I could very simply just make a plain sauce and throw in some cumin and chillis.

should i fry the sardines add them to the sauce after. or just add them in with sauce.?

Are the sardines your main protien in the dish or just a flavouring agent? if you're eating the sardines, fry them up first.

Depends on how accustomed to fish you are
Anchovies are not sardines, user
Do this if you want a very fishy meal. If I'm doing sardines in tomato I add the sardines close to the end

its all i have for protein, i could soak some black turtle beans but that's all i have. Your saying a whole tin of sardines will make it to fishy aren't ya?

add fried sardines at the end or just from the can?

>Anchovies are not sardines, user
fuck I always mix those up

Here ya go. Pasta con la Sarde.
youtu.be/hr3M3BxbsTU

thats not a tomato sauce though

im watching it, so far this is simply af i like it

Chef John is a treasure

Drain the can, take them out of the can and put them on paper towels to drain further while you're cooking the tomatoes, add them to the tomatoes to the end so that they can warm up but not cook.

If you try to fry canned sardines they're just going to disintegrate, the other guy was suggesting that you do that because he confused sardines with anchovies. With anchovies they're supposed to disintegrate.

>the other guy was suggesting that you do that because he confused sardines with anchovies
This, do not fry, drain and warm over in sauce

ok, glad im asked for clarity on the frying

im gona try it

Yea, take the /deenz/ to a whole nother level with OC! Post pics, /deenz/ bro!

deens go in at the end apperently so these is gona be boring pics

in go the deens

poured over fuscili.

needed a few extra pinches of salt after i added the sardines. its really nice. a nice change.

I came.

recomend for cozy winter

I love fuscili and penne for thick tomato- and bolognese sauces. Those shapes let you really scoop up the sauces. Spaghetti is the most useless pasta shape imho.

Based Canada bro.