Are antideps or benzos compatible with a fecund creative life?

Are antideps or benzos compatible with a fecund creative life?

Bump

So many groups of those that it's hard to generalize. DFW was on antideps for years. Benzos tend you dull you in the long run but everybody uses them.

Xanax is ok, I know that much. Plenty of creative folk around here popping them.

Opiates make me inspired as fuck, the whole high I'm thinking in poetic prose. They also make me feel a great empathy and sense of thankfulness. Xanax and all benzos are garbage, they only make me make a fool of myself talking to girls in instagram. Antidepresants like zoloft make you dull; stuff like wellbutrin can give an amphetamin-like high which is great to get stuff done and make brainstorms of ideas, most of them will be bullshit tho, and you will probably waste 50% of the high googling what to do when high on amphetamins. Weed works for some people but it only makes me lazy and vapid. Psychedelics can completly change your views on pretty much everything, it can definetly give creativity that mystical kick that it needs sometimes. Probably all of them will hurt you in some way so you may consider staying away from drugs.

To live requires that you experience brain damage. Erdos' epitaph says, "I've finally stopped getting dumber."

You don't know what braindamage and how it affects your everyday life is like, you are already dumb enough.

All drugs reduce creativity in the long run.

Creativity comes and goes

Citation needed desu

Man, life when not high on opis just sucks balls. Completly devoid of feeling, kek.

Ligotti is benzo'd up. I imagine plenty of other anxious types are.

that sentence is terrible
you are not creative, drugs or no

Kek what's terrible about it lad

As does time. Who cares about the long run?

"fecund" sticks out like your double dubs
attracts attention, adds nothing

Well its analogous doesn't in my first language.
Which adjective would you have chosen?

It comes more often if you're not addicted to drugs.

People whose careers depend on being creative.

It's a tough question. I think that while on SSRIs, my critical capacities were diminished. The imagination was definitely still there, but it might have been a bit more detached. On NDRIs, I had a lot of drive to write but the writing was a bit impatient. For the last few years I've been on nothing and I have a deeper emotional connection to what I write, and it feels more grounded. I can't say how much these things were due to antidepressants or to my learning curve, but that was my experience. That said, if you need antidepressants or whatever, your happiness (and you know, staying alive) should come before your writing and art in general. Once someone stop meds, it's easy for them to fall in a hole and lose perspective, so if you're asking for yourself, definitely be careful with whatever you do and consult your doctor or people close to you before taking a decision.

Xan is lame af. Just get a sativa strain or drink.

Depends on what you are taking it for. I know a screenwriter (film made $800 mill last year, has another opening this year) who takes Vicodin occasionally but not to the point of being genuinely addicted. I tried to give him...what's that shit that comes in the little lister packs from India and meant to be as good as ritalin...anyway, name escapes me, but it gave me a total nervous breakdown to where he thought people from another studio were following him and trying to steal script and slept that night his his laptop and router unplugged and hugging them through a pillow.

In the past 3-4 year, I've had a chance to watch work being produced no one here would believe as fas as writing, including as oscar winning script (I know, "muh dad works for nintendo)") and can't exactly put photos up or I will (in case you didn't know, casting agents monitor entire net now for ANY mention of their client no matter how fucking D list...thus how the lindsay vaughns got taken down).

I'd be curious to get the impression of what most people think it looks like when a screenplay is being written for a very big studio with a very big budget. Do they imagine rolling hills and opulence in california?

Or how is actually is-- a shitty apt on NYC's lower east side with baseboard heat and a cunt landlady screaming the cans aren't washed out enough, trying to calm the bitch landlady down with le the head of the Studio, the director, 2 of the producers on a conference call for this $250 million dollar film the LL is screeching about fucking soda cans not being washed out enough. That's the reality. At least my experience of it working on 2 of biggest movies of last 4 years. (by "big" I mean mena genuinely "BIG," NOT "earn 3pp0 million dollar" big

>what's that shit that comes in the little lister packs from India and meant to be as good as ritalin
Modafinil maybe?

that was the one mate. And it was right before chirstmas, got the script on Nov 22nd and had to have the rewirte in by Jan 7th so it was just 20 hours a day of work straight on through. The film made "decent" money (though not as much s they wanted given high profile nature) though most critics didn't like it, but I'd like to see how "most critics" themselves would have done in that situation. I was only getting paid to help research.