Kipper snacks tower over the rest of their canned brethren. They are the poor man's smoked salmon

Kipper snacks tower over the rest of their canned brethren. They are the poor man's smoked salmon.

I like /deenz/ as much as the next guy but /kips/ are god-tier canned fish.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00FZMDOHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're good, I just get tired of smoke flavor sometimes. At those times I usually go canned mackerel.

Kipper is top tier for sure.

I usually get pic related:

King oscar is my favorite, new brunswick are ok but I remember not liking them as much as some of the other brands.

Here is my haul. What am I in for?

Uuhhhhhhhh god this shit is fucking good

The king oscars are the only half way decent ones, but you really should have gotten double layered.

For health i'd like to eat these or sardines like 3-4 times a week. How to make tasty? Do i just need to force myself to like them? I am struggling.

Here's a good deal, price just dropped for newbies to deenz, boneless and skinless.

amazon.com/dp/B00FZMDOHY

Preach brother

Not a fan of Bumble Bee. Never tried the other 3 and then there's a can of anchovies. I haven't eaten chovies in a long time but they're really salty, more of a condiment than a snack.

Hey guys. On the Wild Planet again tonight. I just want to take a second and thank God that we live in a world where sardines are cheap and affordable. These are so good they should be expensive. Remember, at one point lobster was considered trash poor people food and now people pay large sums for it. All I'm saying is stock up on those deenz boys.

From the looks of it, bullshit from insurance

UPDATE

Had the Starkist boneless skinless, they were pretty good for only a couple bucks. Any suggestions on how to make the anchovies more palatable? Which should i try next?

Anchovies are for pasta, pizza, sauces etc; I can only eat 1 or 2 little fillets by itself

K I P P E R E D

add salt, peppeh, spritz of lemon, and put into an oven (conventional or regular oven) until you hear them start to sizzle. lower heat. the more you do it the more you get a hang of it. i have absolutely no pro training in cooking but i make good food that i enjoy using simple methods like this. hot sauce also helps.

i'm stacking deenz and kips instead of bitcoin. feels good.

yeah anchovies are too salty to eat on their own. they are an ingredient, to be used to boost umami for example, or to top pizza. look up the classic caesar salad recipe i believe they put anchovie in it as a starter for the dressing.

Ate 3 cans of Polar kippers yesterday, fucking love them

ITT: The fishing industry employs shills

Why is it a competition? Sometimes kippers are great and sometimes sardines are great.

Agreed, but also I prefer sardines on pizza instead of anchovies. The saltiness of the anchoives takes over the pizza. Sardines on the other hand are more subtle and add to the flavor.

No pizza places offer sardines, it's only anchovies so what I do is get a pizza and add my own sardines. It's magic.

Fish is surprisingly amazing for keto, so I've decided to do a pescatarian keto diet. Slowly going to transition. Eggs for breakfast and something to replace my bacon. Canned sardines and such for lunch. Salmon or something for dinner.

No one told me that canned sardines are so good for lunches.

Why does everyone at work complain about the smell when I'm just trying to enjoy my canned first.

Y'all say this but I tried it and found it much worse than KO double layer. I didn't really care for the smokey flavor.

So fucking good. I used to like the lemon pepper ones as a kid but now I prefer the kippered.

KO Tiny Tots with Crystal and Aardvark sauce on triscuits. Damn these are good. You really don't even need the hot sauce at all, the fish she is very tasty.

Because that shit stinks up the entire building jerry

>tfw you like jar anchovies but they're too salty to reasonably eat every day and you can't keep making pizzas

how is that aardvark sauce? never seen it before

>something exists
>no one cares
>call that same thing some meme noise that some inbred faggot's face invented
>now there's a community of stinking plebs dedicated to it
it's time to burn all the things.

hehe....mmm....yes./..... you .,..,seeem..... a little.... yes... what is it...,,.., mad?

8^]

wewlad, 'vark and /deenz/ in one post. Good shit.

Hopefully the dollar store has some half decent deenz when I go there tomorrow. Are there any brands that I should definitely avoid?

Aldi has these cheep cans in sauce like pineapple curry and they're fucking amazing. pick related will always be my favorite but I can get three cans of the Aldis kind for one of the Appel.

Try them with cottage cheese on crackers.

>the fish she is very slutty

rate

What all is on there?

Why choose favorites?

>natural grocers

Never seen that brand. Is it any good? Is it a regional/store brand?

Tried Sardines for the first time today, absolute shit.

Bread: PUMPernickel
Condiments: Sriracha, German Mustard, helmans mayonnaise and raw onion on one side, mayonnaise and celtic sea salt on the other.
I wish I had a lemon to squeeze

It's ok. I just tried it for the first time. I preferred the crystal on deenz. It has a strong habanero taste and a moderately high heat level. If you like the taste of habanero, I think you will enjoy it.

>tfw you bought a jar of anchovies but you aren't strong enough to open it

Sounds fucking good, I haven't tried deenz on pumpernickel.

This is some Bela and Wild Planet on kalamata olive bread with dill, onion, lemon juice and some tapatio and habanero tabasco on there for good measure.

>haven't tried deenz on pumpernickel.
You MUST
Also, if there are raisins on your bread, that's be an interesting flavor combination...

I enjoy canned fish but not on other people. Save it for home or just don't talk to me

Pineapple curry is the best. They put a lot more sauce than they should though

If I remember there is a mango one, or maybe that was salmon.

mango and pepper. Not enough fish by volume.

That looks fabulous

First time deenzer here. I picked up a can of these this morning to have as a late afternoon snack later today. How'd I do?

I've never tried the spicy ones but King Oscar is goat

Don't worry user. People like are just cunts who react without using their heads. Guy ate some fish, big whoop. Smells great compared to whatever the curry niggers are sticking in the microwave for 15 minutes.

I've tried it on deenz as well. In conclusion, I much prefer Tabasco on deenz. The vinegar cuts through the oil well and the watery consistency coats the fish evenly.

Aarvark is tasty though, I like it on eggs and other things.

They're good. I eat tabasco and sauces of similar heat quite often, but those deenz were still really hot to me so have some water or whatever ready.

You did well.

I've not tried the spicy ones myself, but I've heard good things. And King Oscar double layer is a fucking treat.

I was talking to this 17 year old girl at work last night, and I brought up sardines, and she said she likes them. I was totally surprised. But I just started shilling for King Oscar, lol

Fuck off faggot I just love kips

Just had these yesterday. Really good flavor.

They were whole though instead of filets. Reminded me of large sprats. I enjoy the skin though, so I'm not complaining

Looks like a buncha canned fish, user.

Are those actually spicy? I have tried other brands labeled with louisiana hot sauce and had zero spice.

Very good

>deenz
Hate modern humans so fucking much. What a worthless bunch of shit eating apes.

Welcome to the /deenz/ thread, gramps, we're welcoming of all age groups.

I saw these at walmart today and I almost bought a pack but I wanted ro hear from the /deenz/ers if they're any good or not. Anyone tried them before?

Straight from the can today boyos

Daily deenz

>tfw /sipboyz/ shills get hired by a canned fish company to market to the same online demographic

Update: I had these deenz on sourdough toast w/butter. Overall pretty good, but not something I'd do all the time. I could've bought a couple of McChickens for the price of one of these!

Not actually spicy, no. It did zing my nose afterward though, which I didn't really like. Not a really flavorful spice but a good one nonetheless.

They're good man.

Yolk broke. Might as well toss this ruined meal in the trash.
It will do wonders for my heartburn eating this at 1AM I'm sure.

It's true, KO are a little expensive. Maybe try eating them with something tangy like hot sauce if you haven't. But on the plus side, sardines are very healthy.

Discusting.

Vodka and Kips zakuski

hail kippers
death to deenz

It's a store specializing in organic foods and health products. Scattered about midwest and out a bit further west and down into Texas. Products can be pricy, but things are always on sale, sometimes heavily marked down.
They're deenz. They get the job done. Not much difference from any others I've tried outside of King Oscar.

I'd have to say that eating off of an outdoor patio table in the middle of your apartment is one of the most ghetto things I've seen here in awhile.

Welp, now I know what's for lunch.
First Veeky Forums thread to ever net a positive result.

Theyre good, though i can only find the Vigo brand. I eat them in my salads

Will sardines become the next bitcoin??
>click here to find out MORE!!!

is there a way to buy Kipper Snacks without the skin? Also do they have bones like sardines? I can't eat sardines because of all the gross tiny bones

You're getting the wrong sardines then. Make sure you get brisling (the type of fish) sardines not one of the bigger varieties. Also, the smaller brisling the better: cross pack > 2 layer > 1 layer

Skin is nearly always on, bones are rare, but when they're there they are fairly large and can be picked out easily enough, worst offender is the fin.

that honestly sounds terrible it's all just condiments and your plate is faggy

>me coming home raring to rapaciously devour kippers out the can

Recently got into deenz. Never had kipper snacks before, but ordered a 18 pack of Polar just from looking at OP's pic.

Are these ready to eat out of the can like sardines?

polar isn't the best brand, but it is decent for the price

>They are the poor man's smoked salmon.
Really? I just bought a scotish atlantic smoked salmon for the first time today, and loved it. How much lower quality are we talking here?

/chovy/ lads, are these fillets cooked? They look raw out of the can to me. Do you need to cook them first?

It's not lower quality user, and on a $/oz basis may even be more spendy.

Well the salmon was $9, So how much is a can usually?

which goes better with stolichnaya, herring or smoked salmon?

SHPROTI.

And do yourself a favor and just buy Popov. Stoli is swill.

Anything tinned is cooked. Anything jarred is at least cured. The last thing they want is lawsuits from food poisoning or another mass-botulism poisoning.

That vichyssoise incident shaped the industry. Nothing like killing a restaurant full of rich people to get folk's attention.

R8

At least this is an ingredient you can cook with and not just sugar water for autists

If you don't mind bigger fish (these are both pilchards) both are excellent.

Never had either. Seen coles before but not the other. Report back and let me know if it's worth buying.

Looks wonderful user. Nice plating

They range from 89 cents to 2.30 a can where I'm at. It comes to between about 35 and 45 cents per ounce.

Bela, Da Morgada, and Matiz Gallego are three of the best Portuguese/ Spanish style sardines you can get.