Did any of you Veeky Forumsers go to college or just avoid it since you have the local library?

Did any of you Veeky Forumsers go to college or just avoid it since you have the local library?

Most of us went to college, user.

I'm a high school dropout.

This.
I haven't worked a day in my life either.
I turn 28 in December.

Really?
hmm..

I find reading a lot more informative than going to college, listening to teachers and or conferences.

I dropped out of school when I was thirteen.

I can't read

I didn't go to book school, I went to books

I grew up on a desert island and can directly communicate with God.

This is what I did.

Can you ask Him some questions for me?

I dropped out of highschool when i was 16, watching the years fly by and your friends disappear is incredibly depressing, with each year i get more alienated then i was before, i am aware of its consequences however i choose not to act, i can always justify it with "im depressed" but nor do i act on changing this
i guess i like being depressed in a sense, it does hurt a lot thought

>Studied English at uni.
>Now a manager in a building supplies warehouse.

I guess I could have reached these lofty heights without a degree. University is a waste of time unless you know exactly what you want to do.

If I could go back in time I would probably tell myself either not to go to uni or to do accounting, like my mum, and use her contacts in the industry to get a job.

I do think that 16-18 is far too young for people to be expected to know what they want to do with their lives.

That depends, have you been a good user or a bad user?

I dropped out of college and now work in a fab shop working 6 10s and 1 7hr day. I absolutely love my choice.

college is nearly a complete waste of time/money if your goal is to learn

t. already graduated

I go to college for something completely unrelated to my interests. Because of that, I spend as much time as I can at the local library.

I'm actually both a high school dropout and a university student.

Dropped out of HS because of early onset mental illness (I'm better now), then got my certificate years later. Being in a country where education is free, and I might even get paid to do it if I manage to land those grants, there's no reason not to go to university. And I consider university essential for philosophy, firstly because I doubt you'd learn as much from being self-taught and secondly because the only viable career for a philosopher is in academia, like it or not. Just for English or Literature though, I guess it's not absolutely necessary.

I love libraries. Didn't finish HS, because too much weed. Join Army, screw around a bit, get GED, start college part time. Actually graduate, eventually. Get MBA after Army. Still love libraries.

I became a stay at home chad. The pay is lousy, but the hours are great.

I got 2 years into tech college until i realized i was wasting money and wasn't benefiting, so now I do freight and write in my spare time. I'm thinking about going back to school for literature and history just to have that experience and because of how pressured I was not to get a 'useless' degree out of high school. I make more money than they do now so fuck what they say.

>and or
this doesn't exist user

I dropped out of high school n now I'm on my first semester at Harvard

Underrated post

majoring in psychology/criminology. I want to work in a state hospital for the criminally insane

This bait needs a lot of work but has potential.

Currently meandering through community college getting 2.0 consistently because I fell for the STEM meme multiple times and would have a sub 1.7 gpa if it weren't for the occasional humanities now It's been 3 years and I'm pretty much still taking 1st year courses.

Started with the greeks though

Nah, it isn't the place for me. Too many entitled dickheads, leftists and arrogant foreigners

I make prosthetics limbs and orthotics

Learning is not necessary for graduating, but you're dumb if you don't take advantage of your time there to learn as much as you can.

I have an English degree with a writing emphasis

its true tho

I fell for the STEM meme multiple times and would have a sub 1.7 gpa if it weren't for the occasional humanities now It's been 3 years and I'm pretty much still taking 1st year courses
Hey look, it's me

Sane. I dropped out of highschool, but came back to do my exams. I did alright and got into college. I dropped out after 3 months.

I went to Harvard for my undergraduate, Columbia for law school, and NYU for my MFA. I use the local library because I am $400,000 in debt and cannot afford books.

I studied a year and a half of computer science until dropping out. Now I'm trying to get in to study history. I was on the 3th spot to not get in this year (32 accepted out of ~1200 applicants). Taking some night school courses and hoping I get in next year.

Reading and going to school aren't mutually exclusive, and school forces you to learn about shit you don't really want to which is often a good thing.

most of us realized that college is a scam

i used my jstor access, uni library, access to professors, and ability to enroll in otherwise useless language courses.

that alone doesnt justify the price. you pay to get credentialed. if you dont need the credential, dont go.

Whenever someone says "you don't need college" or "college is a scam" or whatever I can't help but think of the fatasses who spout shit like "big is beautiful".

This looks fucking great. Did you have fun doing it? Any tips?

>most of us payed the bourgeois tens of thousands of dollars to be conditioned in their conformist factories
to the gulag with you!

I study engineering and am enjoying it. Veeky Forums is my hobby

It exists if I say it exists.

community college to be x-ray tech.

Associates in applied science.

Made 28hr no benifts - per diem.

People who do radiation therapy make like 45hr. easy

Can work your ass off and make 6 figures doing cardiac cath. you work 60 hours a week always on call.

self employed now. Medical field sucks ass. Corporate and too many angry bitch administrators. I will fuck off until I crash and burn at the age of 32ish. I am 29 now. Always go back.

I literally was paid to go to school because i was over 24(pell grants) and cost was low.

I wouldn't exactly recommend doing what i did. If you are a "normie" and fit in well, and like a schedule look into it.

t. doctoral student
AMA

unless you're at a top 10 school no one gives a shit

>t. uneducated pleb
impact factor for literature articles is shit for everyone, idiot

how big is your cock?

Law school only gave me depression. Now I can't even read books like I used to do.

max 15 cm
I'm not mad
trying to loose eight so it would look bigger, although it's brand new, unused

I went full STEM autist and got a PhD in engineering. Had a shitty relationship with my advisor, and couldn't find a job in my field after.

Now I'm stuck in a boring job I hate, and have no idea what to do with my life.

Dropped out but public unis in France aren't half bad. They're on the decline though.

Didn't start with the greeks.

Law school was the worst decision I have ever made in my life. It honestly may have ruined my entire life. It was a ripoff, a scam, a waste of three crucial years to pursue your actual interests, and all it got me was a job working my life away in a firm.

I will always regret that decision.

found the state school pleb
they always get so hyperdefensive

stupidest take ive seen in a minute

>not going to a t14
you deserve it

My university is in top 800 xD
not USA though
my dream is the Oregon University lel

i went to uni for a maths undergrad, computational statistics masters and started a dphil in machine learning but dropped out after i had a breakdown

i've taken the easiest route to being an unemployed poet i think

Currently thinking about dropping out of HS, I'm in my last year but i have no clue what i want to do afterwards and i wanna die

Also i missed a fuckton of days so far, im an entire week behind in math classes

I did, you fucking moron

I went to college and dropped out. It was a shit school and I'm a shit student. Brilliant, but make bad decisions. Public school systems destroy any possibility of a healthy life, imo.

nobody cares

Achieved the best possible grade in an integrated physics masters from a decent uni in the UK, can't get a proper job in two years.

Waste of time.

>going to college to get a job
lmao. when I'm finished with this degree I'm starting over and getting another one. free sc

I went to emory. It was a great school with a topnotch creative writing program. also i didnt even major in english but had a ton of writing experience in my science classes and generals.

>I got my piece of paper, where's my job?!?!
Love seeing the "competition" kek

I have a BSc, MSc and PhD. There is only so much you can learn at a library.

I have two masters, a thesis, heaps of student debt that forbids me from enjoying life, an alienating job and no way out. On top of it, I live in a European country where I am taxed till I require the state's help (let's talk about abuse).

Don't go to college. Don't get into debt. I warned you.

I got an engineering degree with no debt thanks to my parents but ended up just working at a lab as a technician so I never have to see the public. I didn't feel like doing my master's/PhD in order to be a scientist, nor did I want the stress that comes with that position.

>top 800
you're bragging about a university that is worse than at least 750 others mate
please reconsider

I have too low IQ for college, I can't pass the tests you need to do to get into them.

That's the average Veeky Forums poster. Fast food worker, NEET, or trailer park trash with fucked up families who couldn't raise them upright

Strictly autism or aspergers

It's HS you dumbass you can pass while doing fuck nothing trust me it's what I did. HS dropout is a bad look for this very reason user. What kind of employer would truat somebody who bailed on the last stage of daycare

Everyone here is IT Tech or DeVry or high school dropout / McDonalds

Just browse the top row or take a glimpse of the catalog of Soc and see what kind of people come here.

>I have too low continence for college
fixed

Now you judge me without knowing me. Self-restraint wasn't the issue, I read four months day and night (10-12 hours a day), repeated it four times (each year) and failed each time.

>tfw low IQ white trash.

>I got an engineering degree with no debt thanks to my parents but ended up just working at a lab as a technician so I never have to see the public. I didn't feel like doing my master's/PhD in order to be a scientist, nor did I want the stress that comes with that position.
Aim high, friend!

>Sane. I dropped out of highschool, but came back to do my exams. I did alright and got into college. I dropped out after 3 months.
kek

Typically physics masters try to get a job at any type of college. You mean you can't find a job ANYWHERE?

Being a professor, I mean.

What college accepts professors without PhDs?