Waitress runs after you as you leave restaurant

>waitress runs after you as you leave restaurant
>yells 'You forgot to tip!"
>thinks
>"Never stare directly at the sun", says you.
>leaves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pM_e7DIkrxI
youtube.com/watch?v=gdYXQ-IPZcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never seen anyone flag someone down for a tip. Is this a meme or does this actually happen?

It doesn't happen.

He's a LARPing /tv/ crossposter

>implying she won't go on a massive tirade on social media on how her job is so hard and she deserves better instead

Then tomorrow night she'll post a picture with $800 in her hand

She was just making sure OP didn't have to pay a no tip tax for not tipping. It was the proper thing to do, really.

It happened in The Sopranos. It did not end well, for that waiter.

>2018
>Not tipping with a rip
I thought this was america

It happened in an episode of the sopranos and they killed the waiter
Great show

It does happen. I've fired several waitresses for doing this. Most had other shit going on i had an issue with. Like they were closet alcoholics or shit.

go out more often my dude

We had a server follow someone out to return their tip.

>2018
>paying your bill
>not just copping your slop

This is a true story. This happened to me in my first year university, about 5 years ago.

>Friday night, in my residence studying
>Order a cheap pizza for some study food
>Driver gets here, calls me down.
>Big Lebanese guy, can barley understand him.
>I pay for my pizza, it's like 13 bucks
>Using credit card
>On the machine for tip, I accidentally enter 2% instead of $2. Don't realize
>pizza dude is still holding my food
>Read receipt and sees a tip of like 25 cents.
>Starts shouting "what is this? This is shit! You must give more!!" And this arabic mixed in.
>"I-I-Im sorry... I don't have any cash... It was an accident..."
>Tells me here and just throes my food on the ground and walks away.
>I'm pretty upset and pickup my pizza, just wanting to go back to studying
>Open pizza box
>Its not even the right pizza
>Still too big of a beta to call and complain

Test

I bet you didn't even get pineapple on your pizza.

"Here's a tip: get a better joooooob!"

Fuck you nigger this is my bait thread

you forgot the last part
>got my revenge by leaving a scathing review on yelp, likely turning away tens if not twenties of customers

>not folding a dollar bill and positioning it in such a way that it looks like four dollars

>"Never stare directly at the sun"

What did they mean by this?

I don't remember what I got but the pizza i got was really gross. It was sausage , chicken, stake and bacon. I only ate like 2 slices and threw the resr away

I probably should have but I don't believe I did. I don't really remember though.

This actually happened before. I ate a sushi place and it was overpriced so I ordered just one roll and didn't tip and when I left the manager came running out after me asking what was wrong and why I didn't tip. Never went back and gave 1 star on yelp, scum.

>go to Italian restaurant for lunch, hungry
>with friend who isn't eating
>order $35 spread, I'm hungry dammit
>waitress asks who is getting what
>I explain its all for me, he isnt eating
>comes back with food
>have to explain again that its all for me
>"Oh, you were serious..."
>feel like biggest fat-ass that ever lived
>mfw

Furthermore, I am tired of waitresses asking who will be joining me after I order when I am eating alone.

And may I just say that the gym needs to get some bigger towels. I am tired of having to use my hand to connect the thing around my waist.

>go to Asian buffet with my equally plump friend
>get little tiny saucers
>have to make a dozen trips
>glares from Asian waitresses every time we get up, spend an hour and a half or more there.
>shamed into huge tip so we can leave without a trio of angry waitresses in the corner glaring at us

just tip less if the service person makes you feel bad. or tell them that what they did made you feel bad. if you don't complain nothing will ever change

>waitress finally brings you your food after a fair while
>says 'Sorry about the wait"
>look her directly in the eye
>"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll lose it"
>Salt my food with her tears

>here's a tip, get a real job

I work at a Taco Bell and my location has 2 stars on Yelp and 2.5 on Google Reviews, and yet we're still busy as fuck and fully staffed. When I go out to eat, I sometimes check the Yelp reviews and they can be pretty bad at places I really enjoy. To me, people who have a good experience are less inclined to leave reviews than people who get a bad experience, and the bad reviews get more attention than good ones because of the drama factor.

>leave legitimate stock tips written down on receipt
>somehow im the bad guy
here's an idea, instead of snorting all your tips try investing some of them

Classic

Well, I dont think she meant to be mean.

I usually tip 20% as the baseline, 10-15% if its below par and up to 25% for really good service.

There was only one time I didnt tip, the service was so very horrible and clearly thoughtless. Instead, I gave $5 to the hostess to give to the cook, since the food was fine. But Im guessing he probably didnt get it

Lately I've been trying to figure out why there is a tip jar at gas stations and coffee shops. When did this become a thing? I dont understand why I have to pay you to take my money.

The other day I am at a coffee shop and they have me pay on a screen with the cashier there instructing me to indicate if and how much I would like to tip, a shame move. It ended up being $6 for a friggin mocha, total. At least it was very good, and admittedly a large. I dont even mind the shame move so much. I just dont understand why I am tipping someone to pour coffee in a coffee house.

The whole concept of the tip has gone full retard. I dont like that waitresses have to report tips as income and suffer wage decrease because of it. The whole point is to give a thank you when someone does well, not to make it some vague part of the sale.

In Miami Beach, everyone does auto-gratuities because, I guess, there are a lot of foreigners who dont know when or how to tip at all, which collides with waitresses stuck in country that more or less demands passing service is included as a wage.

South Beach is especially shady though, for reasons I probably ought not opine on. Some places even do 'auto donations' to the local hospital there.

But then its Miami Beach, a wackoland where its considered normal to pretend you have more money than you do. And yet they wonder why nobody who moves there stays there long. Its not just the rent. The local govt has utterly lost touch with reality and what once made the place great. Worse, they dont even understand how their own economy works, which is why everyone is going to Ft Lauderdale

I should add: If you go to SoBe, its pointless to be offended by bad service there. Its universal. Bad service is actually considered normal there.

Its bizarre. You will find no place anywhere where all the service staff everywhere have the utmost contempt for the customers. But then to be fair, everyone seems to have contempt for everyone there. Even the locals seem to despise each other. It makes NYC seem friendly by comparison.

Some of it seems racial at first, because Miami Beach no longer has a "cuban flair'. Its just straight Cuban. Many seem offended if you ask a question in English.

Later, I realized it wasnt racial. Apparently Cubans are just naturally dicks to everyone. They dont consider it rude, its just how they interact.

>goes out to eat
>behaves like a nigger

Even Jews tip.

Let that sink in. You are being stingier than a kike.

It happens rarely and if it does file a report against them. Tipping is a courtesy, not a requirement unless they charge it on the bill in which case they would have had print somewhere that said so that works as a contract when you place your order. If that's the case, it will be listed in your total price so you won't forget it. That case is uncommon though. If it's not listed on the bill, as I said, it's a courtesy and the employee can be fired for demanding you to pay it.

sorry bro, but pics or it didn't happen

no waitress has ever done this
tipping is an intimate gesture
like if you play with a girl's pretty pucker when you're screwing
>the next day she doesn't say
>I liked when you played with my butt last night
>she just assumes (hopes?) you'll keep doing it

lel

youtube.com/watch?v=pM_e7DIkrxI

Happened once to me. Went out with parents and grandparents, waited over an hour for the bill and when my mom interrupted the bitches conversation she got nasty. Left without tipping and the lady ran out screaming. Crazy bitch should have been fired but the restaurant closed a few months later anyway.

Must be a shit place to work at if they act like that. Pay them more you jewish fuck.

>i never heard a gril growl during a breakfast after a sexual escapade where i played with her back door with fingertips, "when can we do that again?"
Why even live?

>be me, 22
>go to corner store for some beer
>bring my 15 year old brother so he can get some chips or whatever
>go to check out the beer and buy his snacks
>"i'm gonna need to see your ID"
>okay
>"oh yeah, I'm going to have to see HIS ID too"
>look at my brother
>ma'am he is 15 years old this beer is for me not him
>"sorry, store policy :)"
>alcoholicrage.jpg
>grab skittles from brother
>rip them open
>throw them across the store
>drop case of beer on the floor
>they shatter
>"i am never coming here again"
>5 years later and i have still not gone back in the store

feels good man. fuck them

in Soviet Russia, you don't tip waitress, waitress tips you!

I remember I visited the united states for work a few months ago and I stopped at an applebees
>9 dollar burger like wtf
>two beers at 7 dollars each
>left a 2 dollar tip because I thought I was being generous
>I pay my bill and leave, and walk out of the restaurant
>ten meters from the door an obese man tackles me
>terrified, I give him my entire wallet
>he seems contented by this and waddles off
You yanks live in a mad max tier hellhole.

because silence can be the door to the sacred

Hey I've been there

good job

>be me
>be early thirties
>work dinner with older coworkers and boss
>not my turn to pay
>annoying coworker whose turn it is tries to offload to me
>everyone overspends on useless drinks
>i end up paying
>don't tip because its not even my turn
>bickering with coworker outside
>waiter comes outside and asks for tip
>coworker says fuck off
>waiter goes on unhinged rant then stomps away
>my offended coworker throws a stone at him
>waiter falls to the ground and becomes convulsing
>coworker and mfw
>"don't they have medication these fucks"
>coworker pulls out gun and shoots waiter writhing on ground
>i run away
>he takes my money form waiters pocket and runs away behind me.

>shoots waiter writhing on ground

so who is on the ground?

When I was young, my mom took me and my sister to Red Robin and the waiter followed us out and demanded a tip. We were of modest means, my father had died and I guess my mom just couldn't afford a tip or forgot or something.

Based

Giving proverbs doesn't count as a tip

>always tip 15% at my favourite restaurant for years
>one day I notice there's another charge on my bill
>realize there's been a 10% service charge this whole time

Oh god. There were a group of black folks that came to our restaurant once and didn't tip anything. They came back a second time and a waitress told them never to come back here . She was about this close to getting her ass beat and I wasn't gonna help her.

People actually review Taco Bell?

Once I was out at a bar with a couple of Asians and one of them didn't tip. The other guy and I both tipped. The waitress still gave us all dirty looks and was making it very apparent she was pissed as she cleaned up out table, banging the dishes together as she picked them up and things like that. Basically fuck the service industry.

Here's a tip: go to a nice restaurant once. Get all the trimmings. Nice fancy meal, nice bottle of alcohol. Then when you get the bill, don't tip them anything and never dine there again.

That just seems mean.They dont make much and the kitchens work them hard, and customers can be dicks.

Im all for tipping according to service, but screwing good workers just seems wrong. Not everyone is in a position to get an MBA to pay the rent.

>>be me
No fucking shit?

>They dont make much and the kitchens work them hard
I wonder who could be behind this post ?
Fuck those little shits.

lel

I played that when I got back and it was sort of surreal because I could remember all the real places VC was based on.

The craziest thing was I was a VC fan before I went there too. And I just happened to pick the hotel that Im pretty sure was the one Tommys was based on. I even researched the architect later and checked it against other Art Deco hotels on Ocean. Im pretty sure I actually got to stay in Tommys hotel. Even the name was similar. Im always hesitant to share the name though cuz idk everyone blowing it up and raising the rates. Ive learned that when you let those sort of things out, you can screw yourself.

But it suited me, a low rent dump. And I loved it.

Also, I have to thank you. You triggered me to look for web pics to compare, and I learned they used the place to make the recent FX film on Versace's murder, as shown in the last panel

Now Im all full of nostalgia feels. No wonder the rates are up already, that cheesy Jewban that runs it now (good people though). So much for keeping the secret I guess. Now that its out, take my advice if you go and stay in North Beach, visit Sobe. North Beach is more real, less expensive and just generally homier. You can get to SoBe in minutes anyways.

damn lois they got you good

the only people who work hard are the cooks and cleaners
everyone else just waits around to carry some plates back and forth, plus the woman got tipped but was pissed she didn't make BANK like a stripper

It can if the bill was big and the party was needing constant assistance, usually involves the waiter getting let go though.

>be me forever ago
>delivering pizza
>shit are, tips suck
>bussiness district nearby
>only source of good tips (deliver 2p pizzas, get a $20 tip)
>finely im up for one of these big order deliveries
>deliver everthing fast and accurate
>secretary accepts order and signs for the payee
>tip field left blank
>d..did he want to leave a tip..?
>a part of me dies
>she looks annoyed and calls the guy
>he comes in and writes in a $20 tip
I never felt more pathetic

*shit area, tips suck

20 dollar tip? how much were the fucking pizzas? 100 dollarS?????

Oh look, it's this thread again.

These were people buying pizza for employees. It was sometimes several hundred dollars.

Well, most of the ones I get are decent enough, and they always look busy to me. I only get lesser ones once in a while.

I couldn't do it. Im allergic to people, and couldnt bear all that running around and trying to keep track of it all.

I only really get pissy if the place is empty and I cant get service.

To be fair, I usually make my decision in the first ten minutes. So I always tip, but if the place doesnt feel right, I'll walk out in a heart beat. I dont tolerate crappy seating or waitresses that think I need 20 minutes to look at a menu.

I know one greasy spoon where there is only one poor old woman running every table in the place during the morning rush. I dont know how the hell she does it; I'd have a nervous breakdown.

I dont mind plain talking ones in old diners either, I think they are funny like this old gal

youtube.com/watch?v=gdYXQ-IPZcc

And Ive had more than a few, its sort of part of the experience of an old diner. There arent many left, and I sorely miss them.

Open face beef and gravy sandwich, real lumpy mashed taters, corny old red plastic pebble finished glasses, beige paper place-mats. Those were the days. Simple times, simple pleasures.

Lol they make more than I do for carrying dishes around.

thats an easy 10 bucks

never happened

>be American
>go to a mcdonalds for breakfast
>pay $20 tip for $30 meal
>get shot by waiter because i didn't tip 80% minimum
>stumble outside and call 911, they say they'll send over the proper authorities right over
>tip the 911 operator
>police arrive and i groan with relief
>they shoot me a couple times because they took the groan as hostile behavior
>tip the cops as they handcuff me and put me in the ambulance
>arrive at the hospital
>tip the ambulance guys as they hand me a $10,000 bill for the ride since i don't have any insurance
>get wheeled into OR to treat my wounds
>tip the doctors and nurses as they do the final stitching
>get billed $500,000 after being discharged, tip the receptionist
>get home
>finally able to relax after the whole ordeal
>or so i thought, the mortgage guys are over to get the next installment for my flimsy wooden house
>tip the bankers as they leave
>get a call from my boss, says im fired for missing work today
>tip the boss for his trouble
>later in the evening i shart myself because i wasn't able to get to the bathroom on time due to the wounds
>tip walmart

eh... theres gotta be more to it, keeping all those orders straight. A busy restaurant is always three wrong orders away from a riot.

It makes me think of fast food place. We've ALL seen the horrible crews. But did you ever see a really good crew in action. I think management must make the crew. Because every time I see a shit crew, theres a shit manager.

Thats something else I couldnt do, a fast food crew. I have a lot of respect for good managers in those places, because they seem to constantly be dealing with brainless employees. But some do it better than others. Crews always either look miserable and unproductive or partying and unproductive.

But there was this one manager, I'll never forget him...

Of all places, I was at something called Long John Silvers, some sort of fast food fish place, reminds you of the Krusty Krab.

Dinner time. Place is packed on a Friday and the drive thru is packed too. I would've cracked.

It was amazing to watch. You had this terrified crew of kids who clearly would not have been able to coordinate this chaos themselves. But everyone was working like machines, and this one guy, a manager, probably late 30s, was barking orders in all directions. Had sort of a gay vibe tbqh. This one man was holding the whole operation together. Orders going this way & orders going that way. This one guy was keeping track of everything under pressure as bags and trays flew everywhere.

I was amazed, thinking what it would've been like if he hadn't been there, or one of these low-energy schlub managers you see so often. Not this guy. He was the nerve center of the whole operation, keeping this fast food maelstrom running like a well oiled machine at full throttle. Clearly no one was able to think as fast as him. They were just like automatons trying to keep up with his orders as people poured in and out. I expected screw-ups, but saw none. He ordered, they obeyed, things worked.

I remember thinking "I'd follow that guy into battle".

Gotta use that one

>Posting from foreign nation
>using greentext over 32 characters
>using image
>image is animated
>over 500 KB
>random file name
>two proper pronouns not capitalized

That'll be $18.78. Please arrange payment via bizdev@Veeky Forums.org

Please note unsolicited emails require a $4.99 donation not included in above total.

Local taxes on replies may very.

Accurate

As an employee, what do you do if you can't handle it and are brainless? Your whole crew suffers, 15 min orders, you're moved to a slower shift. You think of your coworkers as brothers in arms. You've been going 4 hours in a 90F kitchen assembling burger after burger at the fastest speed your eyes can process, each one correct, but pay attention to those weird no onion burgers. down the line she's baggin one fry two cheese one cheese no pickle to window done one combo 8 plus sundae to counter, done. Fry girl is trying to drop enough fries, onion rings, poppers, nuggets, peering into the future and running statistics on all slightly cloudy thursday nights two weeks after a major sporting event to figure what she might need to drop. Everyone is utilizing their max processing capacity all night long. And bro in the middle, shift leader, he's doing it all at once. He's asking status, he's delegating slack around when Sarah needs to make 8 goddamned sundaes but the fudge is out. Running back in kitchen while Zach grabs 2 secret sauce 2 mayonnaise and a mustard from the back and refills the dispensers. The whole time he's still keeping up with everyone, still listening. Wrong order gets handed out? He fuckin' handles that too while keeping the chaos under control.

He barely gets paid above minimum wage, tho. But it does bring people together. It's like a massive trust fall, every night.

Why is this even a policy?
Now the kid can just wait in the car if they were really planning on doing underage drinking.

Kek, these waitresses make $10.50 an hour and usually walk out with about $300 (after tipping out bus boy, food runners, host) on a friday night. You obviously know nothing about the service industry.

>throw them across the store
>drop case of beer on the floor
>they shatter
>"i am never coming here again"
My fuckin sides. That guy would have spent ages cleaning that shit up.

>Shit that didn't happen, Vol. 3: The Veeky Forums shitposts

if you don't tip they will spit in your food

Are you supposed to tip before they bring your food?

Fucken saved, so god damn funny

Amazing really. Its gotta be a hard environment, demanding so much coordination when things get busy, to say nothing of the physical stress of heat, cramped space and, ffs, basic ventilation. It looks terrifying.

If its like most busy labor environments, I'd suspect that the best workers get punished by being expected to do everyone elses job, but still getting only one persons pay.

A good manager recognizes the hard worker, but demands everyone else pull their weight too. A bad one recognizes the hard worker and exploits him to avoid the confrontation of demanding everyone else do their f'ing job also.

And then wonders why his best workers quit. Promoting such a manager is just poor judgement. Its a systemic business catastrophe waiting to happen. And he'll sit there among his peers wondering what happened to cause all the dropping sales as service gets shittier and shittier. Then the company ends up cutting prices and costs more and more trying to draw customers back and lose profit when all they had to do was dismiss some ass-hat who was made manager just because he hung around long enough meeting the bare minimum standards among sub-standard personnel.

Wait you tip at mcdonalds?!?!?!

To be fair, manager LITERALLY was paid .30 over minimum wage. If you were there over 2 years you got a .15 raise. It's hard to keep people so long to be competent and know the workflow when their pay is shit.

But there will always be someone willing to flip burgers for cheaper, no fast food manager is ever going to be paid an amount proportional to their workload. It's just the nature of the business.

>not getting the joke 2k18 edition

I am the jewiest jew that ever jewed, and I never did this while waiting tables

Kek

I bring a purse to restaurants and instead of tipping I leave an unopened 4 pack of charmin toilet paper on the table because a patrician waiter knows it's worth more than most tips and also now they don't have to stop on the way home.

You'll be much happier if you stop imagining hypothetical situations to be mad at, and actually go outside to a restaurant and enjoy life and food and things you took part in. Just sayin', user.

its a scene from the sopranos buddeh

And if she doesn't like it, she doesn't say anything either. She stays silent about it until the relationship ends, then tweets #metoo

No. The only cases I know of waiters flagging customers down is b/c they left a surprisingly huge tip and thought it was a mistake.

Frog poster imagines improbable event, relates it as though true shocker.

Or he just decided to share a corny joke.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

frog