The new ASOIAF novella comes out in a few days. It's a good time for a Song of Ice and Fire thread

The new ASOIAF novella comes out in a few days. It's a good time for a Song of Ice and Fire thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Sons_of_the_Dragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not worth reading. Its GRRM's editors noticing that the books are years away and forcing him to release something while GoT is still popular

Take this shit to /tv/. There are people here using the word ecumenical.

why don't you read it first before making a judgement....

Its my prediction. Why else would he drop this book now when his fanbase has been begging for Winds for years now?

Not him, but it's shitty pulp fantasy and the show did it much better. Take this shit to /sffg/, this is Veeky Forums for /literature/.

Obviously because small novellas detached from the labyrinthine lore of the main books are way easier to write without succumbing to procrastination.

So basically a side project to get his mind off of the series that has experienced a severe drop off in quality since the third book. He's written himself into a corner that he will never get out of

why can i find nothing about it?

the GOT fags got banned from /tv/ until the show starts again. I assume they'll be living here during the interim.

>wants us to stop discussing books on a board for books and instead discuss them on a thread for movies and TV
what's it's like living with autism user?

What is it like reading tripe just because it's popular ?
I bet you also read a lot of Stephen King.

Insisting on cataloging everything based on one single principle is autism. Paying attention to social dynamics and allowing for exceptions is the opposite.

So let me get this straight, he's supposed to be finishing his sixth novel, so that he can catch up with the show, even though they've gone off in their own direction since they have workers who actually have to meet deadlines, and instead he shits out a fluff side story? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Why doesn't he just finish the damn series? I bet Gaiman regrets defending him.

He's clearly given up on the main series and is letting the showrunners finish it. The sixth book will never come out.

Thank you, user. I too thought his use of autism was silly as fuck.

Wrong. This board is for literature

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Sons_of_the_Dragon

Nah, the only reason anybody cares about any of the books or series at all is because there is something there that was not there except for him.

He could write and finish it all on time, and they would still scream for more, because they are insatiable swine, with no inner lives of their own, raised on instant gratification and being told they were very special people.

Is this a spin off side story thing, or is GRRM now forced to write down what happens in the TV show?

Bit harsh.

>/tv/ /got/ general bookfag migrant reporting in

I'm convinced GRRM is waiting for the show to finish so the books can "outshine" them. He's already subtly expressed distaste with some of the shows decisions.

Who is more influential?

>the GOT fags got banned from /tv/ until the show starts again.
>Sunset found the mods squatting in /tv/

My chode.

>martin's literature has been adapted to television
>green's literature has been adapted to film
>green has his 5th novel coming out
>will be a critical and commercial success
>you will publish exactly zero (0) novels in your lifetime
>mfw

And my two inch chode leaks semen twice a week, whereupon I usually write a small limerick or poem, though lacking in any real depth, still has more literary merit than two tools of commercial capitalism and their products.
My chode user. My chode.

>still has more literary merit than two tools of commercial capitalism and their products
This is a thesis statement. You have yet to back it up.

Where's your source for this?

>There are people here using the word ecumenical.

Looks like we got a badass over here guys.

Eh, I still think user's chode has more artistic merit.

What are the Dunk and Egg books like? I've read the first two ASOIAF books and didn't like either of them but the Dunk and Egg books sound pretty interesting.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser that the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water.

Your copypasta is by far the most original thing I've ever seen. Such wit user!

Now you tell me what Literature is

It's more light-hearted than the main series and a good read if you like medieval short knight stories and/or duos.

Basically Martin tried to make something somilar without contrived conspiracies, shock value deaths and sex and the end result is arguably an improvement.

this

>The new ASOIAF novella
>When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east
>When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves

>Dunk and Egg
>Fun, comfy stories about good people trying to do good things, becoming friends, and learning along the way
>Eventually, they die in a fire

God damn it.

GURM strikes yet again

At least Dunc will do a last great act of heroism

Only at the end of his life did GURM realize Tolkien was right.

I'm not buying a book that has a 30 page ASOIAF story in it. I'll just read it online.