Who are the best writers who are bad at thinking and the best thinkers who are bad at writing

who are the best writers who are bad at thinking and the best thinkers who are bad at writing.

>inb4 Kant, Hegel, Heidgger, [insert famous German or French intellectual]

dam, what even would it be like to spread the ass cheeks of such a hot girl ass and just insert your nose on the rim of her asshole and inhaling deeply?

>inb4 Kant, Hegel, Heidgger, [insert famous German or French intellectual]
But... you said you wanted thinkers.

Anyway, Zizek is a good thinker but extraordinarily bad writer.

Would you call zizek more or less readable then hegel?

Finger your taint and sniff it

shopped

nice try, I have a boy butt, idiot

Nabokov is a great writer but otherwise had shit for brains.

Edward Rutherford is a brilliant historian but the prose is OK

other way round, his skill is making absolute drivel sound important

DFW

I think he's a joyful writer. He's conscious of the amount of academic jargon he uses and makes a game out of it. He can get pretty dense sometimes, but it's like finding one's way out of a thicket: all the more satisfying when you crawl into the light

obviously more
Read hegel secondary

I'd like you to know that it's poor form to inb4 as OP.

More readable, definitely. Zizek is convoluted, Hegel is obscure and dense, and what he's talking about is so abstracted and nuanced that it actually warrants difficult prose. Hegel's style is characteristic of the German modernists, if you've read Kant, Schelling, Auerbach, Schopenhauer, etc, you'll know what you're up against with him. These guys have so much of their own jargon and use conventional words in such specific ways, that it sounds like a different language to an outsider. This is also why you'll need to learn a load of German words, because there's no real translation to them, and you'll end up with 5 different English words for one German concept.

Zizek's style is more messy than anything, he'll make the simple sound complicated. The silver lining is he's legitimately funny, with obscene jokes and pop culture references, etc. He writes just like he talks, so if you've seen his lectures, it's not much different.
Zizek's early writing is actually better. The Sublime Object of Ideology is still my favorite, stylistically more elegant than his current stuff and the most important insights of his career are there.

good post

is it worth reading Hegel if I already get the dialectic meme and don't want to learn German?

>Good writer, bad thinker
Nietzsche
>Good thinker, bad writer
Stirner

He can't think, he can't write.

Nabakov is the perfect answer to this. COntemporary version would be martin amis

why is nabokov dumb? Seems pretty intelligent to me

>Good writer, good thinker
Nietzsche
>Bad thinker, good writer
Stirner

ftfy

Hegel was a good thinker but was a terrible writer. Don't even bother unless you read second hand

>Nietzsche
Dude if we all became atheists slave morality would be done away with and the Yes saying to life will begin.
>Stirner, almost 40 years before
The slavish deference of Christianity has been replaced by a bourgeoisie secular cult of spooks.

Don't get me wrong I love Nietzsche but some of his analysis on atheism seems pedestrian and not worthy of his inspiring prose. Hegel already secularized the ecumenical teleological end of history of slavish Christianity long before Nietzsche started writing. And this democratizing slavish thought was modernized by Fukuyama with his shitty book.

Everyone's an atheist now, but still everyone buys into the linear meta-narrative of history and democratization. Atheism did nothing to rid us of this yoke, no matter how much Nietzsche wished otherwise.

At least Stirner was prophetic enough to see that this bullshit meme was secularized.

>Dude if we all became atheists slave morality would be done away with and the Yes saying to life will begin.
Not to be ''that guy', but that is not what Nietzsche says.
It's questionable to even call Nietzsche an atheist, he disputes metaphysical claims in general. Furthermore, he didn't want to do away with slave morality, much less thought it possible. To become Gods, after the death of God, is an individual quest, something only the few, necessarily, would do.

''The church always has wanted to destroy its enemies: but we, on the other hand, we immoralists and anti-Christians, think that we benefit from the existence of the church.'' (Twilight of the Idols).

theres no discernable talons

he's 'dumb' in that his work is morally and themetically void. It's pretty but ultimately empty sentences. Nabakov himself spoke of how is work has no 'point' and is just 'aesthetics'

>if i oversimplify a philosophy to the point it no longer resembles it at all people will think i understand it
nope

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

This is the worst post in board history

I would let her smother me between these cheeks even if she had gastroenteritis.

This post shows an infinite amount of more understanding, nuance, and intelligence than this one

She is fat and disgusting. Those bands on her bra and thong are probably caked with sweat and crust. She looks filthy. [0/10] would not bang unless she lost weight.

>amis
Yep, so many polished sentences with nothing behind them.
This goes for so many contemporary 'literary' writers though, super polished prose with zero insight, intelligence or flair. It's like the Academic art scene in 19th century Paris.

Why is this post so funny