Thinking of making a Grilled cheese tonight Veeky Forums, I plan to do a fontina base with sourdough...

Thinking of making a Grilled cheese tonight Veeky Forums, I plan to do a fontina base with sourdough, and some black pepper, But I feel like I could add something more to give it some zest.

Any suggestions?.

Other urls found in this thread:

finecooking.com/recipe/classic-tomato-soup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sourdough and american cheese (kraft) is my favorite GC

>kraft
If you're talking those god awful orange stiff rectangles you find at a dollar store, then No. I use real cheese on my meals, not that sorry excuse for cheese. The very thought of someone serving me that insult wounds my poor Italian heart.

i just like how creamy it is when it melts

Man, Can't even make a thread without someone shitposting it 2 posts in huh.

a little bit of good quality mustard compliments grilled cheese nicely

If you want a bit of heat, Add a slice of pepper jack to the fontina, and toss a few drops of Tabasco on the bread, and let it sink in. The creamy and the spice blend nicely.

>tfw not shitposting

sorry to ruin your comfy. kraft singles are nostalgic for me

grilled cheese requires roast beef.

No, then its just a Roast beef sandwich with melted cheese. A grilled cheese is just cheese.

incorrect.

There are two types. There are the Kraft "Singles" which are the stiff individually wrapped soybean oil cheese product stuff that people like to mock.
Then there is which is made from nothing but cheddar cheese. They put it through a number of heating / cooling cycles to give it a superior melting profile. It is also delicious.

With sourdough and fontina, I would add some dijon mustard. Also, if it cold where you live, a nice bowl of tomato soup would be great as well. Try this recipe: finecooking.com/recipe/classic-tomato-soup

>That people like to mock
And rightfully so. If theres one thing I will fight people to the death over its quality cheese. I physically lost a friend in high school when he made ravioli one night and stuffed it with fucking kraft american pieces instead of ricotta.

The issue is that when you are talking about quality American Cheese, like Kraft Deluxe, people lose their shit thinking you are talking about Kraft Singles. I will fight over cheese quality as well. That is why we are fighting.

What sort of lunatic would make handmade ravioli and use anything other than Italian cheeses.

>American Cheese (Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Milkfat, Sodium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid as a Preservative, Oleoresin Paprika (Color), Annatto (Color), Vitamin D3, with Sunflower Lecithin Added for Slice Separation.

"nothing but cheddar cheese" to an Amerilardfuck

>cheese in ravioli

>Quality
Show me an actual "quality" American cheese. I mean this truthfully. Every instance of american named cheese i've had has been terrible consistency, and terrible taste. I've had it ranging from tasting like yellow wax paper, to fucking rubber once. It was legitimately an awful experience.

I'm willing to level if you can direct me to something that doesn't taste like the bottom of the shoe.

Yes, cheese ravioli. Are you a martian?

Pickled jalapeno slices
bacon
pulled pork
caramelized pear and brie
very thinly sliced tomato
duxelle
avocado

>Carmelized pear and brie
Holy fuck that sounds good, Gonna try that someday

Thinly sliced red onion and thyme. Some grey poupon?

It's pretty good but you want to cut the pear nice and thin. Add some caramelized onion jam too.

put some onion, pickled banana peppers and a little bit of brown mustard on that bitch