Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYINRTN4YNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Alors même qu'il est français.

En fait, j'en parle

Yeah I don't speak African.

Instead you speak Pajeet

ok i rape u tmorrow

Good usage of "en." It's easy to forget that one and "y" as pronouns, whereas the French rattle it off without a second thought.

i've heard duolingo is pretty shit for languages
is this true?

not at all you, no french speaks like that, you should say "je parle français"
fuck fuck fuck the last thing this world needs is more inaccuracy

I learned French in uni and used it as a way to brush up on my French. I completed the course, but felt as if I didn't really learn much. Honestly, classes are far superior to duolingo and if you have the discipline you could go on Google books and find old grammars for a given language. To learn pronunciation just find youtube videos.

Are you sure about that? I've heard plenty of people say "J'en voudrais" in response to, say, "voudrais-tu des grenouilles pour diner?"

Sorry about the accents; don't have them enabled on this keyboard.

Duolingo only teaches vocabulary. Your grammar will be shit and you won't be able to understand when anyone speaks to you.

Maybe will get to A1.

YES. J'en voudrai like "I'd eat some".

FUCK NO "J'en parle"

SHIT SHIT SHIT

French is so fucking picky

Of course it is. It is FRENCH.

but you could acutally say "j'en parle beacuoup", with "en" referring to a topic" : "I talk a lot about this"
"En" could absolutely not refer to a foreign language in this case.

>Ils n'ont pas banni la langue de Shakespeare de ce fil et continuent de publier dans leur idiome breton

>you've conquered the French skill trees!
ça prouve rien

youtube.com/watch?v=IYINRTN4YNQ

> Y par pa Francais

Is it really? J'aurais bien cru que l'on disait plutôt "je le parle"

Exactly my dude !! This is what I'm trying to tell these obnoxious brittons.
You can use "en" for stuff you could quantify.
You cannot quantify how much you speak french.

J'en veux beaucoup, j'en mange beaucoup

je le parle

Exactly, but not only that. It's also used as a pronoun in place of most verb compositions with "de" like "je rêve d'y aller" "j'en rêve" where the "de" basically makes "en" the appropriate substitute for "d'y aller". And the same generally goes for â -> y as a pronoun, both with some exceptions of course.

That's correct.

à*
I guess I'd also add that if you were to say "je parle du fait que blablablabla" or anything else with "je parle de", you could abbreviate it as "j'en parle".

Parles-tu de la situation d'hier ?
Ouais j'en parle

Correct me if I'm wrong (Swedish)

Correct.

No no no !!

Very correct

>>Français

Good catch user. OP is a fraud.

Publication de qualité.

>Français
Nice try, anglo scum.

My mistake was I thought I could describe my level of French as quantifiable, as in "I speak some French"

duolingo is an alright stepping stone for basics, but after a while its just a slog you dont learn anything from

after like a third of the course go onto lingvist and memrise + learning grammar yourself

Can someone recommend a book about The French Revolution?

Ouais, c'est ça. Celui-ci en baise beaucoup.