Hey Veeky Forums, poorfag here. How do I into coffee without buying really expensive things?

hey Veeky Forums, poorfag here. How do I into coffee without buying really expensive things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHmbu-AhoSA
wikihow.com/Make-Cowboy-Coffee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hang yourself

Pick coffee beans for people who can afford drinking it

Buy a mug, buy a kettle, buy a spoon, and buy a quality instant coffee like pic related.

The best low-tech, cheap way to make coffee is an improvised pour-over setup. Use a mug, a kitchen funnel, a paper cone filter in the funnel, and a cheap blade grinder on decent whole beans. Be sure to pulse the grinder until you get a medium grind. It'll make shitty grounds if you just hold the button down. Figure out your single serving proportions of grounds to the volume capacity of your cup, and set the funnel up over the mug. Boil water in a pot, then pour a little bit in the coffee. Stir the grounds with this initial pour for about 30-60 seconds so they're evenly wetted, then keep taking the pot of simmering water off the heat to top off the filter until the cup is full. Congratulations, you've just made a better cup of coffee than 90% of the coffee drinking world for about $15 of make-do equipment that'll last forever.

Does a paper cone filter really last forever?

No, but you can reuse them once if you're really careful rinsing them out. It's a consumable, and costs about $0.03 a piece. Not really gonna break the bank.

All you need is the 1 or 2 cup version.
And don't cave in to modern trends and buy original and most importantly the aluminium one.
Also RTFM or you will just damage it and the coffee will taste like ass.
God-tier coffee is like 0.05c per g in here. Where are you from user?

Brazil. Not sure about the prices here, I'll have to look into it.

I bet god-tier stuff is cheap as fuck over there. Just start with some local bean gold. Your coffee is mostly also pretty low on acidity so you will get used to the taste before jumping to something like the stuff from Rwanda which I'm drinking right now.
Coffee is the superior beverage to them all but you have to live it.
Also NEVER EVER drink anything even remotely resembling anything "instant" that includes all the granulated shit and capsules and stuff. AVOID THAT AT ALL COST.

youtube.com/watch?v=sHmbu-AhoSA

How accurate is all this?

Yeah, that works. It's pretty dead simple. The video is a bit pretentious though. You don't need a fancy stand or a gooseneck kettle. You can achieve the same evenness with a stir stick. Also, that's a fairly weak cup of coffee IMO.

Just buy caffeine, powdered. Not any pills or something sold in a pharmacy. 500g lasted my over a year and costed less then a kilo of starfucks coffee.

Some people like the taste of coffee, user.

I do too.. I just don't have to money to support my addiction.

Tea is good when you're broke. Been there.

what the fuck are you two drinking? and where the fuck are you from? good coffee is MUCH cheaper than good tea here in Europeland

Try getting a french press. They're not terribly expensive

>Try accidentally dropping a french press
Moka pots are superior

I'm so fucking confused what this thread is about.
Just buy fucking coffee, not the beans, but rather ground coffee, put like 1-4 spoons of it into a 300-500ml cup (or whatever kind of cup you have, dose appropriately[100-200mll one spoon]), add sugar if you're a beta fuck, pour in hot/boiling water slowly (while stirring if you're a fancyfag), let it sit for 1-2minutes, stir it again so that the grains drop to the bottom, drink.

No wonder you're confused since you don't know the first thing about brewing coffee

The fuck do you want from that fucking coffee. If you're an amerifag then of course all you have is fucking instant coffee that is complete trash.
You're not going to shit out actual, good, gold quality coffee when you're fucking poor. You put it into a cup, you pour water, stir and drink. If you can't manage to enjoy that, end your life.

Shitty and mediocre black tea is literally so much cheaper than coffee, you also use less material of a cup.

A few coffee experts have told me that the best coffee they had is instant Nescafé.

>Shitty and mediocre black tea
vs
>good coffee is MUCH cheaper than good tea
we are not talking about the same thing senpai

Just to compare:
God-tier coffee in here is about 0.05$ to 0.1$ per one gram while god-tier Pu'er is like 0.5$ to 1$ if my calculations are correct.

knockoff porlex hand grinder $8
kalita kantan disposable drippers 30 for $7
6oz of blue bottle $9

enjoy

French Press makes the best coffee for like no money.

Get a steel one.

>Still nowhere as good or as iconic or as cheap as the Italian master piece. The moka pot.
Stay mad french fucks and americans alike

I own both, but they make different cups of coffee.

I can't easily make 3/4 cups from moka in one shoot.

roast your own beens

You are doing something wrong then. The 1 cup and 2 cup is god tier size when it comes to taste with the 3 and 4 cups coming close behind. Anything bigger is generally viewed as shit tier but
the largest one I have is a 6 cup pic related and even that can make drinkable brew. I use it when I have a lot of normies over.

The coffee will be burnt by the time that much coffee has finished brewing.

a moka pot costs about as much as the handgrinder, drippers, and coffee combined. for a cheap way to get into pour over I'd say it's a pretty great option.
moka pots are nice too. make some bustello and play dominos.

If that happens to you then I would recommend a coarser grinder setting and changing the rubber seal and the metal filter.
Well an original Bialetti is about the total price of and you don't really need a grinder since I have yet to come over a coffee shop without correctly pre-grinded packs of fresh coffee.

Cowboy coffee, all you need are coffee grounds and a kettle

wikihow.com/Make-Cowboy-Coffee

When times get really tough. Boil water, add the grounds, boil for 4 min, and you have coffee

Stainless is better

Preground coffee is inherently improperly packaged by being ground.

>. How do I into coffee without buying really expensive things?
best way to get cancer is to drink coffee, especially dark roasted coffee

FUCK COFFE IN HER ASS
NOTHING BUT HIGH EXPENSE AND SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS

DRINKING COFFEE IS A BIG RIP-OFF AND IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS ARE HUGE FUCKING LIES TO TRICK YOU TO DRINK MORE OF THIS DEADLY POISON

The best coffee I have had is from one of those "regular" coffee makers that you find at a hotel. I really like Walmart's pre-ground coffee but I live in a place without a walmart now so I have been trying new shit. So far I like MickyD's pre-ground coffee you can buy at any store.

I try the more expensive roasts and what not, the other methods and always find it lacking. Sometimes the best stuff is the cheapest stuff.

>I try the more expensive roasts and what not,
$500/lb, rats ass coffee
super smooth
LMAO

That's why I never have more than a cup a day. Moderation is a universal rule, anything will kill you if you have too much of it.

lmao shut up kid, coffee does not cause ibs.

dude get a grip.

Nescafe 3 in 1 or any 3 in 1 instant coffee is your answer.

why the fuck is he dripping it from so high up

i think dark roast is recommended for this

I think it's called aerating the coffee

some shit about pouring it from high up and shit

Starbucks puts all of their grounds in a sealed bag and make them available to customers. They are intended for composting but you can dry and reuse the ground. Youll just have to us more to extract any flavor but since its free so what?

why would I want bubbly coffee?

>only instant in america
That stereotype was fairly accurate in the 70's for people over fourty and we still have old people and rubes drinking maxwell house but...
There is a fuckton of quality coffee here for those that want to find it. The folgers crowd are a minority and we mock their poor taste just like eurofags.
I live in a mid-sized southern city and even i buy my whole beans from a local company who sources their own beans and roasts them in-house.

Yes america has plenty of backwoods uncultured hicks but they are not the majority. Europe has plenty of trash too...dont deny it. Look at france and their recent nutella chimp-out.

So remember when you muck americas lack of sophistication based on a 50yo meme you are only illustrating how unsophisticated you are.

yes

get an aeropress
£25, best coffee you can have aside from a pro espresso machine
moka comes close too
french press is shit

>get an aeropress
if you like taste of plastic in your coffee aeropress is a good choice.
>OVERRATED CRAP that makes your coffee taste like plastic

thoughts on Turkish?

I don't think many people drink Pu'er every morning as a "get caffeine to my brain" drink.

A wine/whiskey/coffey that is god tier for everyday use would be one that has a great taste/price ratio. Something god tier overall would be the stuff you only buy once in a blue moon

>falling for the aeropress meme

Buy raw coffee beans and roast to desired level at home. Bonus: coffee smell permeates house.