What is the heaviest book you have ever read? Why? Either in message or in weight

What is the heaviest book you have ever read? Why? Either in message or in weight.

Read a rather heavy turn of the century 6 volume Gibbon. About twice as heavy as the 3 book Scott Moncrieff Proust.

The Idiot

It

Ulysses. It's a master work in, yes, prose. And there is a lot of it, leading to at least physical weight.

Infinite Jest, original hard cover

Proust ain't heavy, he's my brother

In weight? Various art books (paintings) weight a ton.
In message? No idea.

Being and time

Underrated post

Not a book, but Shakespeare's King Lear has really gotten to me. The idea that filial bonds are fucking meaningless, and, though we have more of a biological tendency to do so, that we love who we love out of choice really hit me hard.

The recognitions, gass even comments on the weight in the introduction.

A while back, I read this one on the way to a teen tour and everyone proceeded to make fun of me for being a bookworm the whole time.

Atlas Shrugged

the translation of the Bible by Jurij Dalmatin from 1584...
A3 format in a wooden case, 6kg (without the case).

But I’m a pleb so I can’t read it. Slovene of that time is too obscure and I can only understand bits of it.

Did he shrug because the book was too heavy lol.

KJB from the 1800s

xD

Blood meridian for how bleak everything felt

Those Clan of the Cave Bear books are all hueg.

As for sheer gloom and misery, I remember Handmaid's Tale, which I read most of during a 16 hour shift in the winter, at a job taking care of retarded people in their home.
And the next day was another 16, I did not finish because at that point it was just pouring gasoline on the sheer desperation.

But like, if you mean, monumental, as in, life-changingly powerful, I suppose The Master Game by Robert S DeRopp which was a hell of a book to read at 16, or Prometheus Rising which I read at 20 or so.

tacky barnes & noble KJV

Dubliners

The I Ching

my diary, desu

The Cannibal or The Lime Twig by John Hawkes

bottoms dream is fucking huge like 10 pounds or something if you have the dalkey archive printing

Where'd you get your hands on one of these?

Same DESU

Such a good track.

Hardcover of The Magic Mountain was quite heavy.

You mean in mass? Or do you expect us to calculate using newtons?

I'm reading this now and I definitely feel like a bit of a cunt in public.

Probably Heart of Darkness, I've regularly re-read it since high school, and I don't think any other book I've read since then has had such a profound effect upon me.

If we're going off the heaviest book we own, then this.

If it's the heaviest book we've read, then John MacGregor's Henry Darger biography.

Pounds is a measurement of weight, you dumb fuck.

I like that version desu, has like 230 gustave illustrations

Laughing at you.

>in message
Wittgenstein's TLP

>in weight
probably the count of montecristo

Women and Men hardcover is pretty heavy, so is The Dying Grass.