Nietzsche

Where to begin with Nietzsche? I'm going to the bookstore in an hour and want to get one of his books to get into his works.

Birth of Tragedy and/or Genealogy of Morality

>Where to begin with Nietzsche?
Shopenhauer

Unless you're committed to reading all of his stuff, this is a really good collection

Start with tip of mustache and work inward.

>starting with the Genealogy
You've gone beyond mad senpai.
Op, start with the Birth of Tragedy.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Human, All Too Human. Or, as previous user said, start with the World as Will and Representation by Schopenhauer.

Nietzsche said he expects you to start with his earlier works. I think he probably meant the free spirit trilogy: Human, all too human, Dawn, and the Gay Science.

If you want something essential but also a good entry point:
1. Beyond Good and Evil
2. Genealogy of Morality

Just don't become one of those cunts who think they understand him after rushing through one of his works.

>Where to begin with Nietzsche?
Begin with the archive, as this question is asked about once per week.

Nope. I'm in class right now, don't have time

1. The Portable Nietzsche

2. The Basic Works of Nietzsche

Those two have the majority of everything important he wrote,

>not deciding for yourself which of his writings are important

>not arriving at his conclusions on your own

>not arriving at your own conclusion by way of him

>implying I can't do both
>implying I'm not Nietzsche

He wrote the genealogy to be an introduction to his thought. The Birth of Tragedy isn't representative of his thought and I would only recommend starting with it if you are garunteed to read more Nietzsche afterward.

>has time to start thread and comment in it
>doesn't have time to check the archives
>something that takes less time to do

What's with this meme? Just read an annotated collection that contextualizes some of the more arcane references.

This is why people find philosophy so daunting, because every pretentious fuck that "reads" thinks that to read a philosopher you need to work from the past to the present. It's like super autism or something.

don't encourage him

maybe fuck off then faggot

You do honestly need a bit of knowlede about the greeks if you want to read nietzche well but it's definitely overstated.

Stirner Actually.

Twilight of the Idols goes over a lot of what he talks about throughout his philosophy. Its written in such a powerful style. Philosophy with a hammer.

This. Honestly we should just close down Veeky Forums and have it redirect to the archives. Everything has been said already.

This, including The Will to Power. Make sure you read all of his writings in chronological order, where the first of which is Birth of Tragedy.

beyond good and evil

Birth of Tragedy.

This.
Enjoy the red pill.

>The Will to Power
>start with a book written by his sister