Cults

I am looking for books related to cults, religious experience and mysticism.

Also, are there any books that have been used and abused by cults?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4YSysUn-Bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Marxist Manifesto

You had one job

*and you did it splendidly

Christian mysticism is good stuff. Read up on the various saints that have written down their mystical visions and miraculous experiences, it's very interesting.

Not related to cults, but I am reading a good comparative book called Zen and Comparative Studies by Masao Abe and he draws some good comparisons between Zen elucidation and Pauline/Psuedo-Dionysian mysticism, while also doing a good job of highlighting their differences.
If you want source texts, I suggest looking up stuff on the site Sacred Texts or finding some documents on /x/'s occultism threads. One I have been meaning to read is Aradia/The Gospel of Witches which was allegedly a text gathered from a group of witches in Tuscany, but the source is ambiguous.

Anything written by H.P. Blavatsky is essential for learning the occult.

any one borrowing from a fake is a fake-fake

>marxist
>job

The only worthwhile thing the Theosophists did was create late-stage Scriabin

youtube.com/watch?v=V4YSysUn-Bk

Les Chants de Maldoror

the gamecaller

Anything by Rudolf Steiner, Aleister Crowley, Max Heindel, and Valentin Tomberg.

I'd have a look at the Rosecrucian manifestos, the Corpus Hermeticum, and The Kybalion, too.

The Temptation of Saint Anthony, and to a lesser extent, Three Tales, both by Flaubert. Aesthetic mysticism.

read this also at some point OP, the first half is great, the second half sort of fails but it's still worth reading

Crowley shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Steiner. Put Gurdjieff there instead.

pic related
jung
julius evola

>Freudian psychology

>freudo-marxism
You really shouldn't do this.

look at these anons
telling others to
>keep out
>BEWARE!

I guess we know what the real occult shit is then don't we lads?

>like jung
>hate freud despite only being slightly different and influencing almost everything about jung
How does Veeky Forums reconcile this?

>Veeky Forums is one person

La Bas is actually a wonderful book on purely literary grounds, and influenced a historical trend away from Nietzsche's buddy Burckhardt's 'Renaissance' meme by way of the Dutch historian Johan Huizinga. Let this also serve as a rec for his Autumn of the Middle Ages.

Israel Regardie on the other hand, is worth checking out.

Best book on real cults, Raven, written by the journalist who was shot at before the Jim Jones temple committed mass suicide.

Colin Wilson's The Occult/Beyond the Occult

She rambles too much to be worthwhile and large chunk of what she wrote was bullshit.

Try Gurdjieff/Ouspensky instead.

Carlos Castenada

Hoffer's "The True Believer"

ur question is too broad OP

>tfw the original rosicrucian message was hijacked by proto-masons
>any substance that once was there is laundered and watered down into faux-hermeticism
>all the rosicrucian socieites founded since have been either bullshit extrapolated from the aesthetics of the manifestos, or are sects of golden dawn/masonry pushing their own agendas
>ywn be treated by one of the 8 doctors and chosen as a neophyte to the order
>ywn learn of the secrets beyond the veil