Is this man truly the saviour of the West?

Is this man truly the saviour of the West?

>saving the west
lol. it's like you have no knowledge of history

No the West is doomed, Houellebecq is preparing us to survive towards what comes next

that androgynous hobo couldn't save $15 on his car insurance by switching to geico, let alone save the doomed, degenerate fuckheap that is
the west.

>that androgynous hobo couldn't save $15 on his car insurance by switching to geico

Reddit

What makes people comment on subjects they clearly have less than zero knowledge about?

Kill yourself, retard. What kind of question is this?

> He actually thinks the West is anywhere near falling.

is he secretly slav? it would make sense

Have you read a single one of his books? He's embracing its doom if anything

Where should I start with this goblin?

>being this retarded, blind, and lacking this much of a historical sense but still having the pretense of an educated person

Is this a Bret Easton Retard reference?

read his novels chronologically.

It already has fallen. We're just stuck in the limbo between the end of western civilization and whatever comes next.

At best he's a prophet. There are no saviors. Any culture inevitably dies, and the West died long ago.

I'm going to save the West.

He doesnt offer any solution.

>What I think, fundamentally, is that you can’t do anything about major societal changes. It may be regrettable that the family unit is disappearing. You could argue that it increases human suffering. But regrettable or not, there’s nothing we can do. That’s the difference between me and a reactionary. I don’t have any interest in turning back the clock because I don’t believe it can be done. You can only observe and describe. I’ve always liked Balzac’s very insulting statement that the only purpose of the novel is to show the disasters produced by the changing of values. He’s exaggerating in an amusing way. But that’s what I do: I show the disasters produced by the liberalization of values.

He doesn't even think it's possible to save the west.

That makes me appreciate him a bit more, but you can nevertheless feel resentment in his writing. I agree that it is a disastrous system, but I think any system that becomes too perfect will eventually collapse under its own weight, and so will the current globalized one. It's better to write about it with a sense of irony than resentment.

europe is gone and america is going

>It's better to write about it with a sense of irony than resentment
>irony
I mean, I agree with you, but irony is exactly what has us where we are.

>inb4 dfw

you should read soumission. cheeky irony to be found.

I think what you're talking about is actually cynicism and apathy. The irony I have in mind is the irony of the system undermining itself the more it tries to become perfect.

Is Singapore the future?

ideologically in the sense of authoritarian capitalism, yes. but the country itself is to small to be meaningful on the world stage.

which probably suits them just fine.

Nope.

For the metropolitan centers of the elite sure, but Beijing is more accurate for the rest of the planet. A smog ridden overcrowded shithole

>implying ant people could ever come close to our glory

Glorious Western culture led to a suicidal masochism of refugees welcome.

I'd rather be a mean red ant.

>sino-futurism
The asian tigers are entirely contingent on western force, China is essentially a western country and it too will be washed away in the great flood.

Why/how the fuck would he save the West retard. Stop making shitty threads and associating Houellebecq with your faggotry.