Guys, I really want to be like Rust (only that I'm ugly and not a cop)...

Guys, I really want to be like Rust (only that I'm ugly and not a cop). What should I read to attain his mindset and shut those "young, wild and free" and religious nuts the fuck up?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/87245.Books_Rustin_Cohle_would_have_read_
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ray Brassier's Nihil Unbound

Thomas Ligotti's The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

Jim Crawford's Confessions of an Antinatalist

Eugene Thacker's In The Dust of This Planet

David Benatar's Better Never To Have Been

These are the works that the creators of the show have explicitly cited as influencing their conception of Rust.

>How do I be someone who im not?

Thank (You)!
I ain't shit, in my over 25 years I never felt happiness. No job, friends, any of that bullshit. So I might as well try to imitate someone to feel better about myself.

Seek therapy

That shit's a meme, went twice, never again.

Read Nietzsche, if you're as stupid as you seem. Pave your own road.

well once there was only dark.
if you ask me, the lights winning.

Rust only uses this kind of philosphy as a coping mechanism due to the death of his daughter. In the end it is clearly stated that he was not really believing in his formed view of the world but it was only a shell of cynic nature. you have to understand that his worldview is only cool from your perspective. In a way you are already suffering the same fate as he is but it's your individual hell which is not appealing to you. Rust's on the other hand is cool because you crave to be something you admire but will never be.

The end suggests only the weakness of all to in the end will some belief, or in the American way, will an aesthetic beauty into that which will consume you. Americans have on the one hand a serious problem with seeking closure and on the other a distaste for intellectualising their endings. It's always about appearance, always the triumph of cinematic objectivity. This is why True Detective is perpetually ruined. Such a good show that fails each season to be great because of the writers, or whoever is forcing endings on open-ended story-lines. Fucking idiots.

Just follow this

wow that's gold ahaha

This, Rust was a temporarily embarrassed normie optimist.

top kek

That's some fine edge right there.

Haha. You got the answer right in front of you for eternal happiness and you think becoming a pseudo intellectual with bullshit quotes like the new agers will somehow elevate your self image. :^)

Jesus CHrist is God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

>shit amerifats believe

E D G E L O R D

Isn't this the Nietzsche guy?

No one cares about Yurop.

I'm a white European Swedish male.
Your comment is just silly, only reason I respond is because I want to add more pics.

I can see right through you Yank

>It's another episode of Europoors fighting with other Europoors over inane bullshit

God I love Gangs of New York.
It takes the Star Wars Joseph Campbell hero myth and applies it to 1860s New York.

Such a fun fucking movie.

bill did nothing wrong

C is better.

As a fellow True Detective fan, read the following authors (in addition to what the first reply listed):
U.G. Krishnamurti
Emil Cioran
Michel Houellebecq
Louis-Ferdinand Celine
George Bataille
Osamu Dazai

based ug poster

goodreads.com/list/show/87245.Books_Rustin_Cohle_would_have_read_

The fucking beer always kills me.