Inb4 pseud but how do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?

inb4 pseud but how do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?

I work in an engineering office with a bunch of former frat bros and sorority whores. It amazes me how empty and vapid their lives are. Bars on Friday, leased BMW's, """"traveling"""" to Cancun. It irritates me that we even share a planet t bh

People that never once in their lives have recreationally listened to classical music, gone to an opera, read literature or philosophy, learned a foreign language, travelled to a foreign country, visited an art museum, learned an instrument or tried painting or sculpting or drawing or writing. How do you even go through life like this without automatically hating 90% of the people you know?

Great blog

don't know.

but i imagine they view us in the same way we view them

You sound like an unpleasant person. Your coworkers are living life, having fun and are probably just as complex as you, yet you're frogposting and looking for pats on the head from internet strangers. Not your personal blog.

This is an NORMIE board you stupid GEEK

>how can people possibly like what I don't like?

>How do you even go through life like this without automatically hating 90% of the people you know?
I don't. Also 90% is very generous and that "not going to the opera or learning an instrument" part is turbo-pretentious.

>Your coworkers are living life, having fun and are probably just as complex as you
lmao spot the turbo-normie

>how do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?

wrong?

back to Aristotle brainlet.

>missing the point this hard

OP is asking why people have no interest in culture at all, rather than cultural preferences

I too, enjoy the unexamined life

First off, I feel for you, man. It's easy for people not working that type of shitty job to just tell you to stop being a judgmental asshole and realize that 'they're people too!!' Like, yeah, sure. Everyone is holy, everyone deserves love. But you can love people and not like them.

But here:

> People that never once in their lives have recreationally listened to classical music, gone to an opera, read literature or philosophy, learned a foreign language, travelled to a foreign country, visited an art museum, learned an instrument or tried painting or sculpting or drawing or writing. How do you even go through life like this without automatically hating 90% of the people you know?

You're confusing compatible consumption with compatible personality. Just because a person does similar activities to you doesn't mean that you'll like them or connect with them. Example: one of my very good friends, who I actually, surprisingly made as an adult, is an idiot. And I don't use that term likely. They're ignorant and unthinking, but I also just happen to get along with them. There's no logic to it and there's no predicting it. That's why life is interesting and worth living. You can't boil it down to tagged interests on Facebook, no matter much companies like Tinder, Google, and whoever else want to believe that. Consumption is not who you are (sup Fight Club).

Again:

Consumption

Is

Not

Who

You

Are*

*(Even

If

It's

"Enlightened"

Consumption)

>that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?
What about you? Because, judging by your post (including the frogposting, the "normie", and the rest of the faggotry that made its way in your OP), you are barely one step below an animal. I would suggest you to hang yourself but you seem incapable of tying the noose, so why don't you choke on a knife instead? Pretend it's your daddy's prick, you know the drill.

This is the problem with the "Start with le greeks" meme. You just end up with hoards of brainlets who never had the motivation or time to make it past aristotle and think they're right about everything.

Opera sucks. Ballet is where it's at, my frogposting fedorawearing friend.

>That's why life is interesting and worth living.
Stopped reading there.

>being this much of an ass-blasted normie

At least I didn't kill a literature thread to vent like it's my blog, faggot.

normie apologists itt makes me sick, should be rounded up and culled to be perfectly honest with you all

Get out, lad. Rusalka changed my life.

OP is a hater.

You sound like the weird guy in the office who no one will tell him he smells funny because a only speaks in socially awkward passive aggressive one liners.

Wtf I love mass culture now

>"hater"
Wow

It's true. Books should have thought you to get out of yourself enough to realize that.

(taught)

btfo

>the average normie is barely one step above an animal
>identifies with a frog

>we’re like, all the same maaaaan
>everyone’s opinion is equally valid bro

>travelled to a foreign country

Are you KIDDING ME? This is the number one normie pseud thing to give their lives a sheen. Pay attention to pop culture.

>Bars on Friday
Alcohol and drugs are patrician

>what I like is culture
>what everyone else likes is trash

I'm the same user who corrected his typo? Ok. But really, once you understand that the vast majority of people are at least as deep as you in addition to leading fun lives, that's when you'll get depressed.

They're happier than you. That's the trade off.

This is almost the opposite of what that post said.

Yup, he pretty much self-decribes in the op.

He hates them because they don't appear to value what he values. In his arrogance he missed the fact that some people don't show everything they value to work place acquaintances. In addition, he seems to have no grasp on modern day social cues and be attempting to rationalize his lacking by demeaning those in the workplace based on his own value system.

It's almost as if he intentionally setup his value system to soothe his insecurity since he lacked the skills to interact with them.

Yeah you don't know how many times I've heard "I want to travel to Europe this summer" from classmates at my uni. This also goes into the discussion of the difference between authentic travelling and touristic themepark travelling

gas chambers for frogposting niggers when

Unless you’re one of those “low culture is cultire” types

You sound like the typical retarded American right-winger frogposter who thinks he's above his peers because he has a cursory knowledge of what he perceives to be "western culture"

OP have you tried not being a pretentious twat?

I love how Veeky Forums has turned into a pile of vulgar democrats needing to defend the worker against the deapicable op who's set himself higher standards and values.

It is indeed mighty reddit as of late

Hi OP.

this, except that that shouldn't make you feel depressed, the opposite really?

Most of you wouldn't even be "cultured" were it not for the Internet, so-

So there's even more blame to be placed on those who don't use the free distribution of information and culture?

Yeah, since you faggots arrived. Why don't you go back?

Back again OP? Here's a prop tip: you are not better than the people you work with. If you actually believed your peers were beneath you then you would act like it, instead you seem to mourn the fact nobody notices how great you think you are, which just speaks to a constant need for attention. In other words you care more about status than the "culture" you supposedly value, making you exactly as vapid as you claim your peers are.

If this isn't true then I have to wonder why you made such a lame, whiny post fishing for sympathy, and why you feel the need to hate people for something as inconsequential as their hobbies. The worst case is they will not be as fulfilled or knowledgeable as you, which means at worst the emotion you should feel is contempt, if you wasted any emotion on them at all. To hate something is to give it power over you, because in order to hate something you must acknowledge that it exists and devote some part of your own existence to reviling it. You hate "90% of the people you know", which means you are directing a great deal of you existence toward the people around you in a unidirectional relationship which benefits you nothing and which they are apparently ignorant.

Not only is that scenario I described not the least bit copacetic with the image of a cultured, educated, and enlightened western man, it is actually very pathetic even to describe. I can only imagine how terrible it is to live it in truth, OP.

Look another self-proclaimed psychologist. Should you not be able to discern the difference between my writing style to tha of op?
What op is saying is that his peers have base values. Not that he hates them. And what a ridiculous assertion it is that one should for that reason patronize them.

well you were a peasant in the past life, and now you're a peasant in this life too but with whipped cream on your head and a cherry on top

Some of them have done those things and then decided that bars and whores were more important. Is that better or worse?

>you're a peasant in this life
My grandparents own lot's of developed island property and I literally haven't worked a day in my life lol , just pseudoneetscholaring at uni. It's kind of embarassing but atleast be accurate with the insults

>traveling to Cancun
>not traveling to a foreign country
baka
Only old people and parents with children do tourist trash. At best, young adults will stop by tourist trash just to say they did, then move on to something better.
Resorts are more popular with those that must stay grounded (the elderly and parents) because they provide a 'base' for operations, where their pre-planned bone-tours begin and end. Where there is always a bus from and to in case Timmy the Autistic starts screaming and needs to be drugged to sleep.

user, you should be grateful, considering those people are educated engineers, they are actually far better than most people.

How postmodern of you