Al/ck/

You are now thinking about the Passages Malibu t.v. commercials.

>This is not a 12 step program. This works.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojGlB23mr60
strawpoll.me/15020079/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ojGlB23mr60

first for the silhouette

No, I'm sitting here sober, alone, unemployed, depressed as fuck and almost out of money and food.

fuck this i see where it's all going and it only gets worse

>tfw drank a bottle of Prochecy Sav blanc and two shots before friends came out to bars
>had two shots and two beers before heading out to bars
>whilst drinking my third beer told friends how much I drank
>thought I was joking and didn't believe me

Half past three, drinking my 10th beer in a ex-yu-bar in austria. Where do you enjoy your drinks alcfellas?

Back on the bender, letsz see what girls I fuck with today

Fuck leopards, man.

Keep us updated. I'm bored.

Agreed, fuck leopards. They think they're hot shit since they're corpuscular but everyone knows their just a faggoty spotted bobcat. I'd kick the shit out of a leopard if I ever saw one

They do eat indians though, so maybe they're a necessary evil like bats and spiders.

Fuck lions. Fucking pricks walking around the jungle thinking they're kings.

same here!

time to start counting your blessings. that could be a challenge.

home. cheaper and i dont like people trying to talk to me in bars. also the people who drink in bars are lonely and desperate. its a bad vibe.

Why don't you all just buy jet skis and then instead of drinking you can go jet skiing.

Fuck you, my mother is a lion.

I like to talk to desperate people. I am a natural born austrian. In ex-yu-bars I hear stories from the barkeepers of warcrimes and shit. Fascinating shit...peace is lasting too long here...

Good idea, can I borrow 5000 dollars and a house on a tropical coastline?

Maybe flyovers can substitute dirt bikes for jet skis

9 beers yesterday, close to 6 today.

Taper seems to be working, just have to fight the urge to keep from getting more.

I'm leaving job training on thursday and going home to the south and then have to fly to california for a few days for work. Feeling okay about it this time.

Just google alcohols effects on the body and click images. Works for me.

I can see why that would be entertaining, sure.

tapering does work. if your withdrawals are tough it just incentivizes you to keep going until the taper is done.

Peace has lasted generations. People dont really know what war is like in much of the world. The armies are now professional. Very different.

the health shit i what's really motivating for me as well.

I started feeling this like fullness in my upper right abdomen and just generally don't feel healthy. Face is all red and i'm tired all the time. Had liver enzymes test a few months ago and they were fine, but my blood pressure was bad and has been for years. I"m only 25, too young for this shit.

It only gets worse. Alcohol is a very long and painful suicide method.

>drank entire 12 pack last night
>woke up early and had a bought bottle of popov
>drank it and slept until now
>thinking about making a quick run to the grocery store and getting more beer
Should I get some steelies or pabst? Also thinking about buying food from deli since I haven't eaten all day.

Yea i hate the way I look right now. Sorta chunky looking and I just look like shit generally. Not like fat or nothing, but I just don't look well. I can't even begin to imagine what I look like when WD at work after a bender.

It was so bad I was actually bringing a paper towel in my back pocket to dab the sweat.

eh I would have a little something if you can taper off a little, might make tomorrow more tolerable. get the pabst imo.

What kind of deli? Like a lunch meat counter or are we talking like a takeout joint?

I've heard that the puffiness/water retention is the first thing that you notice when you quit. I wouldn't know because I haven't been able to suffer through wd long enough to find out.

Same here. Can one keep drinking the same and just work out so much that you look decent?

do the smart thing and buy enough to taper off. get some gatorade or low sodium vegetable juice too, and yeah some food.

man, if i didn't have a job i think i would be hopeless. It's the only thing that makes me pull it together after a bender.

It's easy to see how WD quickly become insurmountable without help. The real thing that made me pull through this last one was that my hands started twitching and I started feeling really weak. LIke I just could fall over. It could have been anxiety, but idk.

If this is just mild/moderate I can't imagine severe.

wd sweats are so annoying and embarassing. its been cold outside this winter and ill be sweating on my forehead and neck. theres no way to explain it when people notice. just makes them confused.

for a while i was doing 6-12 drinks a night with a decent workout schedule and diet. was actually looking pretty decent.

problem is that for me this was unsustainable because i would always over do it on the weekend and then end up needing more on monday and thus the cycle would continue.

it smells different too, like no matter how much deodarant and cologne i can always smell my fucking balls sweating.

Maybe it's in my head, Idk, but i swear i can smell it even if i shower.

>Coworker looks at me rocking foot back and forth, continually running hands through hair with sweat stains under my arms despite it being 30 degrees out
>"You okay?"
>"haha yea i, i think i'm coming down with something"

I wish I had a drink right now. I only have $1.24 to my name right now, not enough to buy anything...

i'll give you 5 dollars

First day of sobriety. Day isn't over yet, but I think I'm gonna make it Bros. How do I stave off boredom? Been sleeping most of the day but can't sleep anymore for a while.

strawpoll.me/15020079/r

No offense but if you can sleep, I think you'll be okay.

Youtube is a great way to kill time

uh oh, here comes the recently sober shits

Jeez, everything goes right through me. I think it might be the aspartame in this ice tea mix as well.

Recent experience--averaging two liters of vodka per week; back to back benders...wake up not feeling right at all. Beyond hungover; like am I going to die type of feeling. Get scared, start to hydrate and nurse myself back to at least a semi-normal state. Those "damaged organs" feelings were still lingering; got legit scared and had my lucid moment--it's all fun and games until you end up in the fuckin' hospital...

So I decided fuck it, I'm gonna kick. Three days of withdrawals (sweats, nausea, loss of equilibrium, so on) and then it finally faded away. Been sober a week now, and I don't miss the stuff. I'd rather live; fuck a hospital bed and a bloated stomach...for what? Never going back. Feeling healthier than ever, actually. Probably because I'm not intentionally making myself sick anymore. Good luck anons.

BENDER DAY 1.5 i'M DRUNK. lol

It's fine so far, got another pack of beer in the fridge I drunk drove to get, plus 2 four lokos I guess I stopped to buy to talk to the casher. Girls are stupid, here I go

Anyone think that alcohol advertising is very misleading and dangerous in america?

like i take full blame for my actions and all, but idk it just seems like such a well accepted thing despite it's clear impact on public health.

I live in a nice city in florida and everyone is drunk all weekend, and many continue during the week and nobody even turns a nose up at it.

Yeah going into work with sweats is dreadful.

proud of ya boss

benders are for noobs. stop after 2 days.

It drives me so angry when ive been at the lowest points in my alcoholism, thinking about how those fucks continue to profit off addiction without a care in the world. How im basically throwing money at them despite not wanting to, despite it killing me and ruining my life.

Hearts racing again
FUCK

I tend to avoid advertising as much as possible. I struggle to even think of any alcohol ads I can remember. Last one I can remember were the Budweiser commercials on the radio with the "Real Men of Genius" theme. Also the Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the world" commercials. I don't drink Budweiser or Dos Equis, so apparently it didn't work.

It's a free country you little queer. If you don't like it you can go to yurop or better yet some Islamic shithole where alcohol is banned

>at my limit of how much i can handle before i vomit
>decide to have another drink
please help me i can't afford to be sick tomorrow

woah there

the point of vomiting isn't really the point of being unable to work in 8 hours, unless you're vomiting because you drank a bunch of dark drinks or sugary shit
either way you should be ok if you chug a ton of water

BENDER 1.75 on a 4loko, fucking weird shit, listening to alice in chains. I have to poop a lot but wont go. still chugging stuff. girls still talking to me, sounds good.

well i've been drinking whiskey
i guess i'll just drink as much water as i can

Posted this in the thread that got /pol/'d...

Im in a bathtub riggt now trying to combat it. (what you guys- and now myself -call "the fear") I wish there was ANYTHING I could just take to make it go away or go to sleep and stay asleep until its over.
Stayed sober for 2 weeks...drank yesterday a bit..had it hit me in public today so hard I had to leave. Like a fucking trainwreck of panic that made me feel like is loae my mind. Back to cold turkey.
Id honestly rather have ANY sort of physical pain over being trapped in this mental hell...any al/ck remedies for this at all? It lasts days for me sometimes and I cannot miss work.
I tried smoking weed about it once and noped right the fuck out. It made it 100x worse.

I think i have the worst hangovers of all people i ever met
I literally can't do anything until around 8PM of the day after drinking due to extreme headaches, puking at least twice around 3PM and barely even being able to move. Eating anything on hangover day is a no-go as even the thought of eating makes me want to throw up.
And the worst part is i get hangovers really fucking easily, sometimes even after 5 or so beers, which is a nightmare since i have a strong head and downing a liter of vodka in one sitting isn't difficult.
What the fuck is wrong with me? I remember my hangovers being lighter when i was around 18, but it's not like i'm an old fart now since i'm 25

I don't get hangovers often, but when I do, they last for days, I can't eat anything, and I can't leave bed without getting so motion sick I puke.

xanax

FUCK that. Id rather die in this tub than get strung out on that shit.
Plus theres no way to me to get xanax right now. Or anything really. Im a burger so going to the hospital would financially cripple me

Taper instead of cold turkey. Makes it doable. Still bad anxiety but bearable. In the future put the breaks on so you don't get to two, three, four days in a row of drinking. Thats the only way to avoid the situation youre in now.

Just go without id

33 here. A wife and 3 beautiful children. ALCHY. Have a very high paying job and had to be 4 hours late yesterday due to me getting fucked up the night before. Had 2 weeks vacation just prior and spent 1 day sober. Drinking tonight. Just kill me now.

>drink excessively for weeks on end with normal shits for the most part
>day 2 sobering on taper and it's ass piss

What gives?

cant you have a drink? when im in that horrendous state i hit about 80ml of ethanol, then another 40 every 2-4 hours if needed. it makes all the difference

Better slow down.

lift heavy more often
meditate
refrain from orgasm and alcohol
take low doses of shrooms and work your way up sometime

I agree with most shit there but alcoholics and psychedelics don't seem to mesh well.

I can't even stomach weed if I'm sober. The only way it was even remotely fun was if I was borderline blackout.

thats why i said low doses, as in borderline threshold
take after a few beers if the need be

Important question al/ck/.
Jason x or Freddy vs Jason?

I'm drunk lads

I've been an alcohol for around 5-7 years, but only discovered this threads quite recently.
You fuckers helped me to quit with all of your broscience methods, now I can drink a bottle of red wine in bed every once in a while

I fucking love you guys, you are awesome, before, I really thought I was alone

>I've been an alcohol for around 5-7 years
Can I have a sip?

sure bro

>Walking past a couple in the grocery store
>Do you smell stale alcohol?
Can the smell of booze stay on you?

Neither. Both are trash but not in the good way.

Yes, very much so. Even after you've showered.

Yeah, it does for some reason I can't really tell. It's not your breath, it's like your sweat smells like booze. It only happens when you drink too fucking much, like .75lts of 40%, but it happens, even if you shower, the hodor stays.

Walking through a grocery store is enough to make me sweat, and when I sweat I can smell the alcohol on myself. I probably also look like complete shit.

Yeah nigga, I tried to go to the stopdrinking reddit (pls no bully) before finding this thread, and those faggots make me irrationally angry for some reason

I feel like complete shit.

I haven't slept in literally 3 days, I passed out for about 2 hours earlier but quickly woke up pouring sweat.

Any other combat vets?

The last couple years I've really been struggling

I was given an iphone for my birthday last year and tried reddit simply because it's really iphone compatible, and holy shit, I finally understood the hate. It's good for getting news on topics you're interested in, and seeing videos of dogs and pandas or whatever, but as soon as you open a thread and start reading the comments it's cringe as fuck.

>t. tigon

Holy fuck i just checked it out it's just a fucking hug box of look at me give me validation.

I used Veeky Forums from ~08 to 2012, then moved to reddit for a while. That place is fedoralord central. I joined back when atheism was a default reddit, and couldn't stomach it

Passed out from drinking? when that happens I usually sleep for 6-9 hours

You are lucky. I wasn't piss drunk when I passed out but I was drunk enough I was sleepy.

It's hard to sleep for me, man

I find playing music or keeping the tv on helps with my mind quieting.

Quieting my mind*

I try that but the TV constantly gets louder and quieter with fucking commercials.

An if your keyed up and paranoid as me 24/7, Sleeping at all is pretty tough

Well what i do is play a dvd and i'll wake up due to the menu music and start it over until i have to wake up. But with paranoia will just keep you up no matter what I'd try to get sleeping pills or something. IDK if you're an American i would just shill out a free bucks to buy some and just use them periodically when you really need it .

>what i do is play a dvd
>dvd

Dude.

Dude
What?

What's the cheapest handle you guys can buy in your state?

México here, literally 1usd

Man i wish i could get that shit my province has a stupid sin tax where most fifths cost at least 20bucks.
Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again x13 HOLY FUCK

There are a bunch of vodkas that go for around $10/handle where I am (CA), but most of it is literally undrinkable. I usually buy Seegrams for around $14, but tonight I also picked up a handle of Popov for $11, only because the Seegrams wasn't on sale and I kept seeing user shilling Popov and thought I'd give it another try. Brb, gonna try it now and compare it to my go-to.

i've been told cheaper quality / priced alcohol gives you worse hangovers

am i being jerked around or is this actually true?