What's the greatest cookbook you've ever read?

What's the greatest cookbook you've ever read?

Other urls found in this thread:

ck.booru.org/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This one

What's the greatest one you've ever read you fuckin survey bot.

the one in the pic, obviously, you poop head

c'mon Veeky Forums, can you not read?

ck.booru.org/index.php

I never read the whole book. I just go to the bookstore and rip out the pages I like and put the book back.

Believe it or not, mastering the art of French cooking. Not because of the recipes, which can be a bit hit or miss, but how detailed and though out the explanations were, which help you a lot when learning basic techniques. On top of that, Julia Child goes through great lengths to help you find second best things like improvising with molds or quick substitutions which teach you the skill of flexibility and thinking on your feet in the kitchen.

Literally none of this is true at all, fuck off with your meme book.

I've cooked some books in my time.

really? I mean it's nice cause it's so vast and idiot proof, but surely you've had a better cookbook.

Pick almost any year of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (except for the early 1950s... they were obsessed with canned soups like the rest of the country). They have always been designed to teach a newly married woman everything she needs to know to be quality housewife. They cover shopping, budgeting, knife skills, butchery, party / menu planning, etc. There are hundreds of recipes over a couple of dozen categories per book. They are extremely thorough.
I am also particularly fond of the the cookbook from The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City Tampa and the "Tea Time at the Masters" series of cookbooks from the Junior League of Augusta.

If I read one will I get married to a cute husbando?

Fingers crossed, user. It will at least hep with skills that a future husbando would appreciate, especially if he know you have those skills ahead of time (unless you are a trap which is gay).

Yes, but make sure you learn how to give a good blowjob, too.

Curling up with a cookbook by the fire isn't my idea of a romantic evening, if I'm quite honest.

I personally never follow recipes because I have a short attention span and dont like taking orders from someone who hasn't earned my trust and respect yet, but I will occasionally glance at the ingredients of a recipe to get an idea of what goes with what, and in what quantities.

But I also prefer to see food as a dose and would rather look at nutritional guides to see which nutrients compliment each other, and which are fat soluble or water soluble, and then worry about flavour profiles later. Trouble is that the aforementioned short attention span means that I need to look up the same things often.

Trouble is that I'm just writing a blog at this point but you asked me so there you have it.

>But I also prefer to see food as a dose and would rather look at nutritional guides to see which nutrients compliment each other, and which are fat soluble or water soluble, and then worry about flavour profiles later.
back to Veeky Forums.

i've sucked my share of dicks for the day. now it's time to cook!

I actually don't read any

Not really the best but its the one that introduced me to cooking and set me up to learn in my first few years. Mine has has had its spine torn off, pages ripped out by dogs and has a million stains but I still keep it around because its still pretty useful in addition to the sentimental value.

>dont like taking orders from someone who hasn't earned my trust and respect yet
Jesus, not everything is a dick-measuring contest, user.

If it helps your ego, think of recipes as humble suggestions laid before your mighty phallus.

fuck, id legit eat this

i remember the food in wow looking so comfy when i was a kid

Larousse Gastronomique has been my go to for understanding stuff, inspiration, and keeping it real for the last few years
The French Laundry has more beautiful recipes than anything I've read, ever

Every time I see someone repost this, it gets smaller. Apparently it's now a thumbnail.

When I first cropped it into a reaction image - in 2011 - it was 500x500.