An absolutely hilarious profile of Rupi Kaur:

An absolutely hilarious profile of Rupi Kaur:

thecut.com/2017/10/profile-rupi-kaur-author-of-milk-and-honey.html

>“This guy is the best,” she says, noticing an edition of Kafka’s complete stories; she’s referring to Peter Mendelsund, the book’s designer.

Other urls found in this thread:

theconcourse.deadspin.com/instagram-poet-rupi-kaur-seems-utterly-uninterested-in-1819153164
theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2017/oct/04/rupi-kaur-instapoets-the-sun-and-her-flowers
buzzfeed.com/chiaragiovanni/the-problem-with-rupi-kaurs-poetry?utm_term=.lc8ZRMOgr#.hs8BvJrLW
babe.net/2017/07/24/rupi-kaur-plagarize-milk-honey-book-9034
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ugly oscar wilde looking cunt

very kafkaesque

most posted about poet in Veeky Forums's history.

thanks for another wonderful thread.

Damn that was pointless kys my man.

>ugly
>oscar wilde

are you blind?

POO

>On a cart at the Strand, Milk and Honey sits alongside Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit, and Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehesi Coates. Kaur read half of Between the World and Me. “I had to take notes,” she says — it was “more academic” than her typical reading.

My sides.

ha.
i get that. nice meme

I find it quite discomforting that one of the leading "poets" of out generation is more concerned about the aesthetics of the physical book than the quality of the words inside of it.

I blame consumerism for the rise of anti-intellectualism masquaraded by "open-minded" pseudointellectuals.

this isn't that hilarious
it just cements what her audience is
obviously not us
she would probably question whether it's important to be "good" or whether it's just better to reach people and make a fuckload of money
she does what she does very well
it's not literature, but neither are a lot of other things
she shouldn't be posted here
it's like posting marvel comics

rupi has some good stuff

Have you guys not read minimalist poetry before? Ezra Pound writes like her.

You know what the modern world of the arts is missing? Shame. Shame needs to be deployed more frequently against people like this. They'll either use it as motivation to actually git gud, or they'll be driven away and never bother us again. We don't shame these people enough any more.

hes also a nazi faggot, what's your point

>>>>>>>>>>poet

What?

>Kaur does not like to read when she is writing, and says that she hasn’t finished a book all year.

>“I will always go into a used bookstore,” she says, even when she’s working. “I’ll collect a lot of covers that inspire me

>“And I have still yet to read Steve Jobs, so I’m going to do that, because why not? I watched the movie; it was pretty cool.”

is that you jeff

>Still, she’s familiar with the collaborative dynamic of a workshop from her college classes, and taught her own creative-writing classes for high school and college students while she was in school.

“For me it was like less about teaching writing and more about providing an environment where people were comfortable enough to express themselves

>I ask her if there were particular poems she remembers teaching in class.

>“There were no particular works,” she says

The vapid, pseud shit is literally unending

Fuckin gross, I bet she posts on /cgl/

I did not know that pic was of Rupi Kaur

She's a woman, man. She's just having fun LARPing as something in her youth. She'll have kids and stop talking to people outside her household in a few years.

Give them a break. They don't know they're doing it. This is just how women are.

This post is inane

I thought she shit herself at first.

empowering

i'd like to fuck her

I liked between the world and me
I did not, however, take notes

I want to post pictures of my jizz stained yoga pants, I will not apologize for not feeding the ego and pride of misandrist society that will have my body in an underwear but no be okay with a small leak

this

You can still be minimalist and have talent.

I'm not really defending her talent but people here don't seem to understand what she is trying to do

user, in this world of ours, there have always been a certain number of dipshits and phonies wandering around. Poetry has only become such a ghetto because people have stopped writing good poetry.

reminds me of that bit in KSTV where Sam expresses gratitude that he doesn't have to define himself by his disgusting bodily functions

Alright, for once, I'll listen.

she is trying to bring to light the horrors of white privilege and western rape culture

Disgusting.

for the last two years ive been judging the aesthetic worth of a person simply by their nose. it tells you everything there is to know about a face.

>for the last two years i've been really mad at jews

fixed

Is this supposed to be ironic

Yikes

For the past year I've become fixated on foreheads, those guys in the 1800s were on to something.

Shouldn't a poet be concerned with aesthetics?

would still go down on bloody sunday

Of book covers? No, not really.

She has a very mannish bone structure.

my nigga

stop posting this fake shit you faggot kill yourself

POO
IN
THE

>Ezra Pound writes like her.
This made me very angry user was that your intention?

Fucking teribble writing to. Almost intentionally bad

Its true though

Me to, but in a really disrespectful and violent way

Godamn poetry man. If you would have told me that was Tao Lin or whoever I would not have second guessed it. Sounds like pseud garbage. I've read some really good work of his though

Guess who this is

Beckett?

Oh shit it's Ulysses the

His senpei

you are so smart ;) upvote

Thanks

i hate articles that start like that if anyone was wondering, but mad props to her for having a period, that must be really hard, I respect her bravery and honesty.

omfg put me in the screenie plz 0w0

And true

>Milk and Honey, the 25-year-old Punjabi-Canadian’s first collection of poetry, is the best-selling adult book in the U.S. so far this year.

Why do we export so much trash literature? Between Rupi and Atwood we've pretty much flooded the market.

>Paint
>Times New Roman and pencil tool
Create some best-selling poetry, Veeky Forums

>the text /an sich/
Pure decadence.

The fact that this question is even raised proves that the vast majority of so-called civilized individuals are nothing of the kind. I mean, you are seriously telling me that a culture that's about to figure out how to print human organs is anti-intellectual? What the fuck do all the minor symptoms of decline you rabidly point out to us mean compared to such utterly astonishing and previously even unimaginable accomplishments?

In summa, the only one who is declining here are those who are saying that we are declining, which is a classic case of psychological projection. Civilization as a whole is obviously progressing, and its highest manifestation and greatest triumph so far is blatantly obviously myself (and imagine how much more glorious and fearsome I would become with genetically enhanced printed organs... or cybernetically enhanced and cloned to infinity to spread out and take over the entire universe...)

to be honest, i would fuck her, and from reading some of her """""poems"""" she's a fucking slut and probably has some weird indian techniques

>Civilization as a whole is obviously progressing, and its highest manifestation and greatest triumph so far is blatantly obviously myself

Damn I went from riled and mentally preparing a heated retort to stunned admiration. Your shitpost game is peerless.

>milady05
This has to be bait right

why do indian women have sideburns?

Inbred rat genetics

The backlash is on:

theconcourse.deadspin.com/instagram-poet-rupi-kaur-seems-utterly-uninterested-in-1819153164

theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2017/oct/04/rupi-kaur-instapoets-the-sun-and-her-flowers

She looks like Evola.

Women are finally getting redpilled on Tumblr """art"""

bitches and
hoes are
like new clothes once
you bought
'em you wish you
never got
'em

The original article is fucking gold. I am hoping for Rupi herself to react.

The comments section of the piece in "The Guardian" are gold:

"I am a young woman of colour too) but I also ready widely, and I recognise a shit sandwich when I see it. Kaur's twee tidbits are pure crapola."

Another demolition job:

buzzfeed.com/chiaragiovanni/the-problem-with-rupi-kaurs-poetry?utm_term=.lc8ZRMOgr#.hs8BvJrLW

babe.net/2017/07/24/rupi-kaur-plagarize-milk-honey-book-9034
>tfw people think she's plagiarising because every instagram poet is exactly the same

>tfw I posted in those mock Rupi Kaur threads back at the start of the year

did we start the fire Veeky Forums?

Literally rule number 1 as a writer is to read other peoples' writing. This article was fantastic and did everything to confirm Rupi Kaur is an image-obsessed talentless hack, as we all knew she was.

Rupi has an up and coming AMA on reddit. Get your questions ready guys

What are you going to ask?

>What's your favorite chapter of Ulysses?

Rupi is a proud non reader of books

The street shitters swear they'll be a superpower in a few years but thing a dumb mememonkeyman is academic.

shes has written more books than shes read

Are there any contemporary female poets of color who are actually good? I like Tracy K Smith (Life on Mars was brilliant) but want to branch out more in that direction.

i almost spat my cereal all over my monitor when i read this

woman "writers," not even once

fuck off with this of colour shit, does this look like fucking tumblr to you? how the fuck did this shit even catch on

I just want to read from a different perspective. Is it really that offensive to you?

You're an idiot.

Your^