How the fuck do i make a good doner kebab(shawarma?)at home?

How the fuck do i make a good doner kebab(shawarma?)at home?
Is it even possible to make it without that spinning huge ball of meat that they use at kebab shops?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9alYxmHA6Vo
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459013/Mother-murdered-girl-kebabs-runs-court-gruesome-testimony.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5YQuHmbxlM0
youtube.com/watch?v=VFau8xLMnb4
warosu.org/ck/thread/6222125#p6243900
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=9alYxmHA6Vo

It's possible, look up "gyro loaf"
You cook the meat and spices in a loaf pan in the oven.
I've never tried it myself so I can't tell you how it comes out but I've been wanting to as well.

i want doner tho, gyros are shit and the meat is always fucking dry.
those arabs add some sand magic in their sauces or whatever, but it tastes godly

"gyros" and "doner" is different depending on where you are, doner in germany and greece for example is the dry one like pic related usually made from lamb.

>How the fuck do i make a good doner kebab(shawarma?)at home?
You don't

You can do a poor imitation of it with thinly sliced meat, but it's not really the same

I had a go at this recently, flavour wise it was really good, texture wise not quite there. However, I had half the loaf left, and I discovered that letting it go cold, then shaving strips off and warming them up and crisping them up a bit in a pan massively improved it texture wise whilst keeping the flavour there, coupled with some pita, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes and garlic yoghurt it was pretty accurate. Can give the recipe if needed, though I didn't measure everything accurately.

We got the arab touch after all

Donner =/= shawarma

chef john does something similar

whats the difference

OP is a retard.

Calm down, Hassan

One is called donner the other is called shawarma

>Calm down, I never figured out how google works!
sad

The secret is chopped up sexually abused underage british girls.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459013/Mother-murdered-girl-kebabs-runs-court-gruesome-testimony.html

>Iyad Albattikhi, 29, known as Eddie, had sex with 14-year-old Charlene Downes, before killing her and joking her body had been put into the kebabs at his shop on Blackpool Promenade, Preston Crown Court has heard.

Go away mohommed

gyros and doner are literally the exact same thing

Shawarma is actually a salad with the ingredients of a doner

I am going to bless you op with the magical and local food of canada called...a Donair.

Ya thats right, we appropriated your food, took it to flavour town and spread it across our glorious country...kinda...

so now for your considerations kind sir, the fast food kebab of canada...the donair...

The sauce you will be pairing with this requires only a few ingredints i'll list off the top of my head.

Condensed milk...garlic...maybe yogurt?
the meat is your standerd hamburger ( we eat alot of beef in canada not so much lamb) jacked up with alot of seasoning and breading.

You can cook the meat after prepping it in a baking sheet in like 30-40 minutes...then you assemble it eat it and hate yourself afterwards.

youtube.com/watch?v=5YQuHmbxlM0

i felt so bad about how shitty that video was that i tracked this one down for ya bud.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFau8xLMnb4

Weird thing I've noticed about this strange country - I'm on the island, and if I go east, I don't start seeing donair places till Kelowna. Then they taper off after Regina, and start again in the Maritimes. The fuck is that

Not if you eat them at their actual countries of origin.

There's usually a guy who pops up in these threads and links to an archive with his recipe but seeing as he hasn't turned up yet I'll post it
warosu.org/ck/thread/6222125#p6243900

alberta was the first place in north america to start welcoming lebenese/muslims and opened the first mosque in north america.

How this thing came out of halifix i dunno but atleast that explains why its somewhat popular in the prairies.

Huh didn't know that

>Being this asshurt that OP prefers the arabic version
SAD!

Doner is a rotating spit of meat that is heated as it turns

True shawarma is cuts of meat that are then grilled

Alternatively: /pol/ack that has lost the way home.

>posting news now makes you a /pol/ack

>Posting non-cooking news on Veeky Forums
hello

>non-cooking news
>it's about cooking a little girl into kebab
?

:)

>everything I don't like is edgy, /pol/, and reddit
Sensitive faggot roasted to a crispy perfection.

the meat spinners are affordable nowadays