Hey I need to impress my family with some authentic Mexican food what should I make ?

hey I need to impress my family with some authentic Mexican food what should I make ?

Can be complex or simple, just want to make something great .

Other urls found in this thread:

delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52078/crunchwrap-supreme-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get a shit load of tacos from jack in the crack. unwrap 'em...plate 'em...pass them off as your own

Pig disgusting.

Make some enchiladas Verde, or seafood rellenos, or carnitas, or.....idk dude, there's tons of awesome Mexican food.

Are you willing to make homemade tortillas? If so, I'd recommend carnitas tacos.

Just spread a bag of tostitos out on a plate, crumble with browned hamburger meat, shredded mexican cheese, ans tostotos brand salsa. Serve with sides of sour cream and refried beans. Offer sangria and tequila as beverages. Also say que pasa and vato and cabrone a lot.

Show them lobbed off heads hanging from bridges to show proper authenticity.

Grilled stuffed nachos with nacho fries.

>enchiladas Verde
looks pretty sweet, thanks mate !

>authentic Mexican

Okay take away
>most cheese
>lettuce
>tomatoes
>actual service size of beans by 3/4th
>add more rice
>increase peppers
>take away most sauces
>only use chorizo, chicken, beef should be done sparingly
>corn based breads over flour

Enjoy

Right here

Do enchiladas with mole and rice

Delightfully devilish user

>go to authentic mexican food place
>it's garbage
>order the same stuff my mexican friends did
>they love it
>it's the most bland shit ever
>people using sauces and peppers to add any kind of flavor

>go get texmex
>it's so much better

tamales

Taco Time is so weird. It tastes as if I made half assed American Mexican food with a hint of fast food.

Milanesa. With rice and salad, or in tortas.

Just offer them a bowl of cumin and chili powder.

Your tastebuds have just become unaccustomed to real food that doesn't contain buttloads of sugar and industrial chemicals. Don't feel bad, you just have the typical widespread amerilard malady.

The mexican restuarant in my town has a super simple recipe for tacos
Chicken
cilantro
fuckload of sauteed onion
shredded roast jalapenos
on a corn tortilla

I don't know if that's what they ate in Mexico, but they're from Oaxaca and the restuarant is pretty popular

That's a big burrito.

Buy tortillas that have been sitting on the shelf at grocery store for 6 days, make sure the package says "made fresh daily" so you have an excuse when your family complains that you didn't hand make them tortillas.

>authentic Mexican food
underseasoned beans and rice with a side of beheading

but for real, texmex exists for a reason

I live on the border and that's all there is to tacos. You can get them with fajita, chicken, etc but they're all on a corn tortillas, dripping in grease with cilantro, grilled onions and salsa on the side. That's all it is but it's amazing. Also next time try a grilled papa.

Shrimp tacos. Cilantro, lime, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, cumin, olive oil, minced garlic. Coat it and marinate with all those and anything else mexican. Grilled is amazing but pan fried is fine. Go to Mexican restaurant and order beans and rice and pretend you made those.

I live in Arizona nice try dude. There are PLENTY of authentic mexican places here and next/on the border, one of the people that sit next to me at work IS from mexico. They all think it is trash and just go get shit with actual toppings instead of mexican trash.

>Chicken
>cilantro
>fuckload of sauteed onion
>shredded roast jalapenos
>on a corn tortilla

This is texmex, not mexican. Know the difference

did someone try pic related? it looks nice and it's easy, I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52078/crunchwrap-supreme-recipe/

Enchiladas for sure

for you...

ITT: people who went to a mexican restaurant the waiter spoke broken english ordered tex mex and instantly thought it was actual mexican food.

Texmex is more popular for a reason.

With the amount of Mexican citizens currently "living" in Texas, I'd say there is no difference.

Fuck you OP I thought this was a Taco Time thread. Midwestmex a best!

Taco Time is actually from Seattle.

Oh. Northwestmex a best!

It tastes like high school memories, man.

Cant you try to make mexicos national dish? Dont Remember the name But i think it was some sort of chicken in chocolate sauce

Pork posole

I also live in Arizona, I’m from central Mexico, and I’m just posting to say you dont know shit and have awful baby tastebuds so shut the fuck up