Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven

>Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven
or
>Better to be a farmhand in the world of the light than to lord it over all the shades of the underworld

Which do you think is true?

As an ardent capitalist, the second.

Heaven isn't even a nice place, it's just a place you go to if you're the perfect robot.

This made me chuckle, thanks.

First one is the better life
Second one is the better quote

The second. If you're looking at relations of power only, you do not comprehend what it actually means to dwell in the undergloom.

>as if millions of fedoras suddenly appeared, and were suddenly tipped

The first

You haven't read paradise lost have you?

Is it Homeric canon that Achilles' son slaughtered Priam in a temple and Ajax raped Praim's daughter?

No, the central Homeric narrative ends before the fall of Troy.

1. That which is above is like that which is below
2. Humans are assholes
3. Hell is separation from God
4. Heaven is joining God

What are you basing this on exactly? Because i don't have the exact same taste as you?

That's been my interpretation of the division of heaven and hell. It isn't good place where all your dreams come true versus bad place where you get tortured. It's all the people who act one way go there and all the people who act the other way go hither.

Read the Odyssey

Your interpretation based on what?

>That which is above is like that which is below
Come back when you can turn iron into gold

The mentioned acts are not part of the Odyssey, either.

It seems usual that they'd expect to you to continue to follow the rules in the afterlife. Considering life is preparation for heaven.

In heaven we will freely choose not to sin, because we will not want to. The attractiveness of goodness and God will be so clear that there would be no motive to sin.
Here we are enslaved by ignorance and we sin because of ignorance, because we see it as somehow attractive. Which it is not.

But the entire Odyssey is after the Trojan war.

If hell is a metaphor for the absence of God's love, or like a slightly worse purgatory, the first one. If hell is literally burning forever, the second one.

>As an ardent capitalist, the second.

Too bad because you're not getting into heaven.