Should we care about what others think about us?

Should we care about what others think about us?

Yes. The zeitgeist is that "fuck what anybody says, just do what makes you happy" is an overhyped corporate bullshit.

That depends.

Came here to say this

If they're Redditors, then no

Only if they pay your bills.

within a certain capacity since its always helpful to bounce ideas off other people, thats how we survive

the problem arises when you think every Tom and Jane has a say in your life, which they dont

If they're people you respect, absolutely.

desu I'm unhappy unless I can win by every standard at the same time. So basically I'm always miserable because I want the impossible. I've done a pretty good job of not caring what others think about me insofar as it concerns not letting it hinder my actions, but I've done a terrible job of it emotionally.

Does it look like others care about what you think about them?

Would it be so bad to go full Larry?

Every time I see larry david it always amazes me how someone can be so jewey. Not even in the /pol/ sense.

I tihink that to myself sometimes, because I usually care about what they think about me, but at the same time when I think about that I feel kind of egocentric.

I have an internal database (largely subconscious) of people whose opinion of me I care about. Otherwise I don't care very much, and I am aware of negative opinions but don't do anything to change them because I don't respect the person who holds it very much.

I care enough that negative opinions of me hurt me emotionally, but I don't care enough to actually work on changing those opinions or going out my way to avoid similar criticism from other people.

To an extent, but it should not be a pillar of your life.

can be useful not to care if you're writing

>autistic manchild pumps out some derivitive garbage, actually finishes shit and others of his species think it's great making him successful
>neurotic channer splits hairs and never finishes anything

Not if they're shitskins, leftists or women.

/pol/ is at it again

He's right though. The people in that image look quite.... dirty...

The old ought vs is conundrum