Veeky Forums Player One - Bugs Edition

docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE

If you're familiar with Ernest Cline best selling novel Ready Player One, you know that 75% of it is a shitty geek pandering masturbation. We're going one step further, trying to write a novel that's ONLY shitty geek pandering masturbation AND memes. Except now we have over 150 pages of memes and nested parentheses and footnotes and frankly I think we need more of Bugs. Anyone can edit this, feel free to contribute however you want to, or just watch it all happen. I don't know what else to put here so uh

Other urls found in this thread:

gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_stgb/englisch_stgb.html#p1246
amazon.com/Hypersphere/dp/132978152X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507236826&sr=8-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A tad more clarification, if I may.

Narrative can be chaotic as the main point is to reference as much shit as possible, however there is a plot to this novel.

Harry is our main protagonist. He has the curse of his thoughts turning into reality, while also possessing dementia. This explains the jumps in setting as well as the various different versions of Harry.

Feel free to write what you want, but consider this going forward so that you may make some sort of connection in your writing.

Reminder that Bugs is Harry's alter ego.

thanks desu!~

easy on the games

Also the beginning is
>Chapter 1: One Night in Shittenberg (Author’s Note: This was, of course, a reference to Dr Martin Luther King Jr., the priest who started the Protestant Reformation in 21XX)
And the ending is
>CHAPTER∞ - THE END

Write between those two. After the ending there will be appendixes, footnotes and other misc stuff.

>games
>easy

After we have enough, editor user will try to trim it down a little.

I really do enjoy how just about every story begins with chapter one, so there's like 70 chapter ones at this point

i'm already working on that. making breaks and cutting down on shit where I see it.

Love you man

This reminds me of an episode of Connections about that French scientist from the eighteenth hundreds that dissects animals with interesting devices. Burke is so good in that season.

also, I wish I better at the interwebs.

user... easy on the rules

Sampler .001:

I am Alex Jones
by Alex Jones

I am Alex Jones
I wonder about estrogen levels in the water
I hear (((their))) derisive laughter
I see the clockwork elves
I want to abolish the deep state
I am Alex Jones

I pretend to make a difference
I feel hot blooded and alive
I touch the psychic vampires' fangs
I worry about the schemes of the globalists
I cry about the loss of our freedom
I am Alex Jones

I understand some people think I'm crazy
I say they've been brainwashed
I dream about a world without globalists
I try to sell prostate health products
I hope I can sell more
I am Alex Jones

Appendices should be moved at the end I think. There is too much risk of fucking it up (I almost just did). Might be best to just let writing develop organically for now.

This may be the greatest thing I've ever seen to come out of Veeky Forums and I'm only 2 pages in

How'd I do, goys?

You missed a lot of the history of the triple parentheses

We should move the appendixes and the end marker to the ending after the document closes. I don’t support cutting off all the writing after that. Let the chaos flow but try to keep the basic structure from the first few chapters.

Doesn't have that genuine overexplanation feeling that the author's notes at the beginning of this work capture so well

Feel free to change it, it's on page 11. I remember reading about how it started but wasn't sure and was too lazy to look it up. I tried to go for that style but messed up a bit. I'll dig deeper and see what I can add.

I'd leave the Veeky Forums mentions out but that's just me.

I'm curious, when is the stopping point?

Also I'd trim down the memes in the first few pages.

Just look up the browser add-on that started it. It was connected to a database of known Jewish writers and automatically put parentheses around their names so you'd know. Then Jews and their supporters co-opted it by putting parentheses around their own names.

When we get at least 300 pages of publishable material.

i think that this is the best option. Just let people write then organise it in some manner. Maybe we should have a cut off time after which the document is only edited.

>Turtles all the way down
>publishable

but fair enough, i see what you mean.

if we're shooting for 300 complete pages I'd say we cap it at 400 and then close it for edit user to organize and clean up

Why not? Ready Player One was published...

>if we're shooting for 300 complete pages I'd say we cap it at 400 and then close it for edit user to organize and clean up
I agree.

Are we actually trying to publish this? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Edit user here and I agree
It's a bit tricky to make edits while people are still changing things throughout the whole text, so instead working with 400 pages of completed stuff alone would be much appreciated.

I'd buy two

Anyway, is there any user with publishing experience?
We can make it happen, we just need to figure out the way.

The person who has to edit this will commit a gruesome murder before their obligatory suicide.

We should hook it up to a self-publishing platform of some kind, with all proceeds donated to a foundation for literal autists.

Glad to see my Aquinas copypasta finally reused.

The former already happened

All profits should go into the funding of a paperback release.

Kek'd

Who was the sick fuck with "leg stretching" references?

Ready Player One had a pretty straight forward story with references for the nerds. This is a complete clusterfuck, making it more artistic but in need of goodfuckinglordthisiswaytoofuckingmuch work to even have a chance.

Dis some good calls.

Kek'd

>My diary, desu
I preferred "My diary, DESU". It has that extra spicy meta humour level

Can we try and get this book banned somewhere?

I saved it just for the next book, guy. I really enjoyed it

Kek, write a letter to your local representative with excerpts, asking to ban it.
Great idea for free press. We should embrace it and start a campaign after it's finished.

Germany would be easy
Australia would be easy

Will probably get banned in Germany
gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_stgb/englisch_stgb.html#p1246

All excellent ideas

What about the movie rights?

kek, we South Park now
Fantastic idea.

I'm hoping the obtuseness of dealing with this will set some sort of new legal precedent. Or we can just include a line somewhere outright granting them to Pinecone.

>publishing the ebook
>getting it banned
>profits = publishing paperback
>/tv/ has Amy Pascal email, we can sell it to SONY as their final nail to the coffin

we could always market it as an anthology book

how did the last books get physical releases?

>Mindbending journey in the vein of Cloud Atlas or Gravity's Rainbow. Inspired by Ready Player One. Banned in 16 countries. Controversial. Voice of its generation.

Since no one actually owns the rights, I think multiple people just downloaded it as a pdf and used those self-publishing websites

these collective docs are actually the perfect medium for most Veeky Forums browsers

nobody can actually finish their own coherent novel so this serves as evidence of genius without any practical effort.

like digging through miles sewer sludge in hopes someone shat out a pure silver pendant (and this in particular, it's that degree of certainty)

pretty sure you can get hypersphere physically on Amazon

At least something of the sort.

>amazon.com/Hypersphere/dp/132978152X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507236826&sr=8-2
>users who bought this

It would appear you are correct, but at these prices they definitely just had some copies printed at their own cost.

perfect

I think we would have to create a persona of the author.

But for now let's concentrate on the writing itself.

A pal of mine bought a copy, I was surprised by the quality. It was actually fun to read

Didn't we already decide it was written by Juan Verde?

Yeah I guess. Some onan should pose as the physical embodiement of the author tho if we want to make it popular.

Is that race change algorithm gone forever? A photoshopped spic john green would be perfect

This is without a doubt the worst book I've ever attempted to read.

I can't even follow the flow of the story with all the constant references. More words are spent explaining the reference than the actual narration and yet I can't even understand the references because every parenthesis has at least other nested parenthesis, dropping new references to explain the previous references.

To be fair, you need a really high IQ to truly understand this book. It sounds like most of it is going right over your head.

Ironically the best piece of metafiction since Flann O'Brien's At Two Swim Birds

It's almost like there's no discernible talent.

>mfw writing a book with anons

Good idea.

whats his power levle

Needs more carrots desu

Do you think my edits will make it

this quite honestly, all my edits are god tier

editor, please don't get autistic. just edit out what is absolutely terrible or just spam.

I feel like half of the people writing this are from /b/ not Veeky Forums

and i dont think they are cross-posters either

don't worry, i'm being very careful when it comes to removing stuff. Most of what i'm going to be doing is reorganizing, i don't think i'll ever delete all of someone's edits.

I'll make cuts if and only if they're needed and may move some sections around for the sake of clarity. Honest. I know i'd be pissed if everything I added got nuked.

yeah, a lot of weak shit and boring memes.

what are your favourites?
what shit do you think should get deleted?

doesn't mean i'm going to leave dog shit in though, so make sure your sections/ edits are at they're best before we go into total editing.

I'd remove most references to Veeky Forums and the most obscure and unfunny memes tbhfamalam.

thanks, i appreciate what you are doing

eh, dont get rid of them just yet, just reword them

Is the last part - Chapters cut due to time restraints, and pissy editors - parts that were cut from the book for now?
Because it sounds like a good idea.

guys can you stop writing more stuff after the end, just write it before, the end is the end

No, it's just some memers.
Nothing was actually cut just yet afaic.

Also this:

>tfw some guy jets pizza'd your genuine cry for help

I deleted everything desu

newfag get out REEEEE

That will indeed be a minor annoyance. Good work.

the pages and pages of spam in different languages

quit screwing with the font

and the header/footer

STOP SELECTING EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING DOCUMENT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

The Harry theme ruins it

Just wait a few hours. They'll have to go to sleep since a school night. Just do all your writing in a word doc and save it. Add it later when the retards leave.