Well, Veeky Forums, what's yours?

Well, Veeky Forums, what's yours?

refusing to finish a book if the prologue or first chapter is dumb as shit.

not giving up on a book when its clear its garbage

I wish I loved books as much as this fella

Speedreading the saucy stuff because I have only one pair of pants and they are made of this uncomfortable parchment-like material and a size too big so I can't afford a stiffy as I read only on public transportation and the pants as mentioned above are not too comfortable and handle pressure abysmally and are scratchy too.

pretending to having read a book

This

I just stubbornly power through something and am rarely rewarded with the book turning out okay

Currently experiencing this with Stephen King's It. Why tf did I start this pleb shit

I ignore a lot of character descriptions and just imagine them as what I want them to be.

The funny thing is, I only do this when the book is garbage

this.

I'm convinced a lot of people do this though, you can read a wikipedia excerpt or plot summary and basically carry a conversation about the work so long as you don't get into minutia, which rarely happens in real life unless you're /in/ a literary circle.

I try not to do it, but when someone says something about a book I think I can contest even with the bare knowledge I have about it, it's hard not to do

Not finishing books.

reading them

Refusing to read the meme trilogy, because they're known as the meme trilogy.

Spending longer reading Veeky Forums than books

Also starting 5 or more books without finishing them

They're also bad.
And a waste of time. Infite Jest is about the length of the Bible, just read the Bible. Gravity's Rainbow is a dense information dump with juvenile scenes that lose their charm pretty quick. I haven't read Ulysses, but was left underwhlemed by Portrait, I have a feeling it will be better than the others though.
The real Veeky Forums Trilogy is the Iliad, Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost

The meme tetralogy. Get it right.

forced meme

Reading half a book in a week then not touching it for a month

Never sending out those I write.

Infinite Jest is infuriatingly inconsistent with its quality. Some phrases or short stories are really unique, hilarious, or sincere. Other parts just seem like he's trying to shove his tiny dick down your throat.

I do have to say that it does inspire a lot of thought on the value we put in entertainment.

>he hasn't read Kevin B. MacDonald's masterpiece
Kek. What a pleb.
>>>/reddit/

How so?

I wasted so much time on 1001 Arabian Nights during my "let's try the classics" phase. Is War and Peace also a meme?

I try to get people to read decent books instead of YA shit. Only success is with Vonnegut so far because i can normies he's sci-fi.

The more you try to shill it, the more people will be sick of hearing about it.

A lot of times when I'm reading on the train a Homeless will come up and completely distract me. Instead of ignoring him and continuing my reading, my mind will wander from the page. Then I'll stand up and beat the book over his little homeless noggin, till he fucks off. I exclusively buy hard covers for this reason.

Wanking and reading at the same time.

Have you considering buying another pair of pants so that you can enjoy your "saucy" reading to its maximum potential?

Because you thought you were better than Veeky Forums and said to yourself "I'm actually gonna read SK and see if he really is shit. And when I find out he's not I'm going to reply in SK threads that he's 'really quite good actually' so I can get more Veeky Forumsizens to actually read him"

But now you found out he's just shit like we said..

S.K. in the coffee is better than you'll ever be user.

Reading an impressive passage, closing the book, and looking at either the cover or the world around me like an idiot.

This user knows what's up. Ulysses actually is the only good part of the meme trilogy.

I give up on pg 1 of the prologue

nothing else.

I can see what you look like behind the screen. Cringe

calling literature my "passion" even though reading bores me because nothing interests me but i don't want to admit to myself what an entirely vapid and uninteresting fuck i am

DELET

Unfortunately this. I can't really drop books, I haven't done it in years.