Cabbage might be the most underrated vegetable...

Cabbage might be the most underrated vegetable. No matter what I have it with it always ends up being the star of the show.

Who has recipes? I normally just saute with ginger, chilli, garlic, onion, salt, sugar and a tiny bit of liquid. Hard to go wrong

i normally make the typical mayo-based deli coleslaw.

but i want try healthier versions.

Scotch broth is a filling soup, originating in Scotland but now obtainable worldwide. The principal ingredients are usually barley, stewing or braising cuts of lamb, mutton or beef, root vegetables (such as carrots, swedes, or sometimes turnips), and dried pulses (most often split peas and red lentils). Cabbage and leeks are often added shortly before serving to preserve their texture, colour and flavours. The proportions and ingredients vary according to the recipe or availability. Scotch broth has been sold ready-prepared in cans for many years.

Do you use flour to thicken?

one word kale-slaw

barley or oats

Nappa cabbage kimchi
but also many varieties of cabbage work can be made into kimchi, my only advice is to adjust ingredients and methods according to different water contents across cabbages.

How the fuck is your gay kale slaw healthier than cabbage slaw

probably because it's dangerous if misused. Overcook that shit and it goes from fresh to farts

just made this shit:

>2 tsp grass fed butter
>4 slices uncured bacon, diced
>1 fennel bulb, sliced
>1 apple, diced
>1/2 green cabbage, sliced
>1 tbsp whole grain mustard
>3-4 splashes of apple cider vinegar

>melt butter in dutch oven
>add bacon then cook until it starts getting crispy
>add fennel and apple then cook for like 2 minutes
>add cabbage with some salt and pepper then cook for 10 minutes
>add in mustard and vinegar then continue cooking for 5-10 minutes
>wa la

Mayo isn't that unhealthy, it's basically just oil. Make it yourself, all you need is an oil of your choice, egg yolks, and either lemon juice or vinegar.

I know oil isn't exactly healthy itself, but if you're going to use some kind of oil-based dressing for the slaw you might as well just use mayo since it's no different.

400 g. Minced beef
oil
4 slices of bacon or approximate amount of diced
2 onions
1/4-1/2 head of cabbage
8 dried tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
salt
pepper
water

Recipe:
Brown the meat in oil, chop the onions and cut the bacon well, finish along the meat.
Cut the cabbage and the dried tomatoes in fine cubes or thin strips and add them to meat and onions while lowering the heat.
Add garlic, salt, pepper and a couple of cups of water , let simmer the dish for about 1/2 hour.
Serve with pasta screws or fettuccine

It's just great, I made the mistake of making it for my friends once, now they're hooked and I'm always invited.. to cook it for them.

Underrated? Cabbage has been a staple of working class people since for fucking ever. You haven't discovered a new trend, you shitty posh asshole.

Cabbage Steaks

slice cabbage into steaks, brush each side with melted butter and garlic. then put on a grill, flip eventually to cook the other side.

will it work on a pan or do you need the intensity of a grill?

that post is a trick. the garlic and butter burn on the grill and the cabbage falls through the grates. you start weeping at your own failure and then your wife leaves you for a person who isn't stupid enough to attempt cabbage steaks

...You dont have a fine mesh grill insert for fish and veg?

Can you be a little more precise on the timings. How long for an inch thick steak, say?

bumping good thread

I've ever only done it on a grill, but I guess a pan would work. Just looked online and I guess it's commonly baked as well. Just google "Cabbage Steaks"

I'm not sure on the timings, I never time it, I just grill it until some of the edges start to crisp.

I like pan frying mine with bacon and spices. And a bit of vinegar if red cabbage. Breddy good.

Hm. That looks good. I'm going to try that in a heavy skillet with bacon fat. So imagine that with a pan sauce drizzled over top. What would be a good complimentary flavored liquid to reduce? Something apple? I'm imagining something with a bit of fruity sweetness and slightly acidic.

Le cabbage du fromage hon hon hon

I like cabbage but it hurts my asshole from farting so much

>Feeding grass to butter
You on the pot user

I prefer Burger King foot lettuce.