How do I make fried chicken as good as this... please Veeky Forums... I've wasted so much money there

How do I make fried chicken as good as this... please Veeky Forums... I've wasted so much money there...

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasticalsharing.com/2014/07/copycat-popeyes-spicy-chicken.html
youtube.com/watch?v=31dGYRnhS8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I sneak one of these into a movie theater?

it's winter so just wear a heavy jacket and put everything into a ziploc bag

brine your chicken and put cayenne into the batter

Prolly need a pressure fryer to start with.

Can you provide more information about brining? Do you have a specific recipe/process? Length of time?

Just add salt to water til it tastes just less salty as you would for pasta, leave it overnight. Drain it, coat in buttermilk, dip in plain flour/rice flour mix, like 60/40. Fry day shit nyugga add spices to the flour and shit

i honestly doubt you could make your own fried food cheaper than a chain restaurant.

But how does one get texture like popeyes? Is it the type of oil or breading? No matter what I try, it's just not like in OP's pic.

Start by finding a tiny, tiny chicken

>batter
If you're battering your fried chicken, you've already done it wrong.
Don't listen to him, he's an idiot. What you want to do is brine it in seasoned buttermilk overnight, dredge with flour, dip into back into the buttermilk, and then dredge again. The double dredge is how you get the crispy crust.

Should I season the flour as well, or only the buttermilk? What are the spices which will most closely emulate the spicy chicken flavor from popeyes?

Also, does this appear to be a solid baseline: fantasticalsharing.com/2014/07/copycat-popeyes-spicy-chicken.html

It looks OK but I'm always skeptical of these types of stay-at-home-mom food blogs for some reason

Just do the same process that said. If you follow that bag shit you don't get the craggy dredge from a slightly wet flour.

Look at the pics that bitch posted and tell me that shit ain't craggy.

You can buy the Popeyes spice blend. It's called "Cajun sparkle". I'd avoid seasoning the flour itself. It's better to season the buttermilk(or the buttermilk covered chicken, whatever works for you), since some spices will burn.

I am closely monitoring this thread. I've tried replicating popeyes countless times. I cant get the skin texture right.

Maybe elucidate some methods which didn't work so save the rest of us the trouble?

Thanks for the tips, will try this tomorrow

The Popeyes video on youtube says they fry in shortening at 340F. Also somewhat shows how they bread the chicken.

youtube.com/watch?v=31dGYRnhS8k

>no gloves
>has his mouth open the entire time

The best food never passes health codes

roll your chicken breast flat. As flat as you can, then put it into a batter instead of a breading.
Deep Fry it.

>t. that UK currynigger who never wiped his ass after using the toilet

have your falcon fly the tendies in for you

I never wore gloves when I fried chicken for Church's kek