You can only post in this thread if you’ve dined at a three Michelin star restaurant

I just ate at alinea AMA

Anyone been here / have you dined at a 3 Michelin star before?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-7-eleven-tests-tony-horton-quinoa-juice-20140930-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh wait I forgot you’re poorfags who eat McDonald’s weekly

lonely at the top boychik?

nice thread bro

You've been abducted? One post for yes, dubs for no.

I’m working class and anti Zionist German. I just know how to budget my money and save for a nice evening with my lady.

Don’t try to name the Jew with me bucko

What is it like to lay in a cold bed full of crumbs from your Taco Bell crave case?

I went to Spago once.

You're personality is distasteful. I didn't even have the chance to post before I was off put. I think it's sad, just like this thread.

Your*

I ate a gas station hotdog before, does that count?

Probably bib gourmand but that’s peasant food

I went to Spago once, and I had to get up in the middle of dinner to run outside and throw up on the sidewalk; true story. Pretty sure they never had any Michelin stars.

I did go to the French Laundry a few years ago. I'd say it was definitely worth it, but I wasn't paying.

Is French good rly that good or do the people in charge of Michelin stars have a bias

Yes; I ate at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons.

To be honest, I thought it was rather pretentious. Now, the the food was delicious, however it wasn't better than what one could get in other places. It was rather underwhelming. The portions were obviously designed to let you taste, etc but if you're considering stopping at another place when you leave the restaurant, something has gone wrong in my opinion.

All in all, I'm wasn't impressed.

It's really that good.

>AMA

Hang yourself

i went to alinea once with my gf. we both got the more expensive wine tasting to go along with the meal. bill came out to ~$1000 total. we agreed the experience was interesting but not worth doing again. grant achatz was not there for some reason, so another guy made the final dessert on the table for us. he looked pretty happy. the service in general was great. lot of people involved and no real problem occurred.
so did you like it? would you go again? have you been to other 3 star michelin restaurants for comparison?

I had the smaller course option (cheaper as result) at alinea and left perfectly full. It’s definitely more of an experience than a meal, and plays with all your senses. There’s a lot of quirky trickery at work as well. I felt that although it is a more artful expression than the typical cuisine, it wasn’t pretentious at all. The service was unreal and servers were incredibly knowledgeable but casual, cracking jokes the entire time. I didn’t feel like I was in some stuffy formal restaurant where I had to act a particular way. We also had a dish and beverage prepared in the kitchen, which was super cool

Id like to go again with a larger group and do the “kitchen table” experience which is the big time, but I wouldn’t return for awhile. Mostly because it’s expensive as hell. Definitely wish we did the wine pairings but had some champagne and a Pinot that were both top notch.

I’m curious about doing some other fine dining like this but the only other three Michelin Star in Chicago closed recently

Perhaps I just got them on a bad day.

I have been to Noma which really should have had three stars, but I guess Michelin had some weird thing going on with them.

Also, i ddn't quite see it, but that's a different restaurant. I'd expect a very different experience at different restaurants.

The rating system is weird. There’s also some bib gourmand spots that have some of the best food I’ve ever eaten.

sounds like you live in chicago then. i was only visiting when i went to alinea. i hope you got to go to Hot Doug's when it was still around. i almost flew back to chicago when i heard it was closing down.

whats a michelin, isn't that a tire company

yeah. for some reason they also rate restaurants.

Yeah. There are a lot of starred places in Copenhagen by now, but it often feels a bit random to me.
Obviously if the Michelin people go back several times there might be stuff I’m missing if I only visit a place once every couple of years.

Sadly, I never did. I was in school prior to and didn’t have knowledge of it when i used to visit. The guy still does events here and there and will bring out the dogs if I’m not mistaken, so hopefully I’ll catch it someday

it was cause of Veeky Forums that i heard about Hot Doug's. if he ever offers his foie gras and sauternes duck sausage again, you make sure to go get it. pic related, i got it from this board 7 years ago. doug made great food with no pretension. he was awesome when i met him.

The BG spots are always fucking ace as they often have single star quality and decent prices. I have never had a bad meal at 30 or so BG places I've been

>for some reason
way back in the day, michelin was concerned about long term profit because people didnt buy tires that often. in order to get people to drive more (and wear out their tires), they started doing promotions/advertisements/whatever with the goal of getting people to go drive somewhere. rating restaurants was one of them. this is the actual true story about why michelin did that. you can google it if you dont believe me.

I took a two hour detour off I-80 to get the foie gras dog (seriously had no idea traffic was that shitty in Chicago at the time), and it was pretty based. Didn't even have to wait in line more than 5 minutes once I finally got there.

You're a queer

elBulli in 2008, which is the pinnacle of my restaurant experience. i've been elsewhere and had wonderful meals, but the comparison is such like holding a candle to the Sun.

Actually, Spago has two Michelin stars, not three. Why did you throw up?

I've eaten at Per Se in NYC. It was damn good, but not THAT good. If my uncle didn't pay, I wouldn't have gone. Taco truck tacos or a Philly cheesesteak bring me as much joy, if not more, than when I dined there. Michelin is a huge meme anyway. Literally a tire company.

better than eating a fucking balloon at least

I tried to eat at three Michelin star restaurant with the old lady but the server told us that we can get our meal to go in the back.

right in the kitchen?
fast service and no tipping required it sounds like a great deal.

michelin stars are a scam to jew easily influenced naive people who have money to burn out of hundreds of dollars
I've never had a Michelin star meal that was notably better than any other nice restaurant

Eaten at Gramacy Tavern. Food was all good but nothing memorable the service was hands down the best I've ever had in my life. 10/10 if I had the money I would do again.

>only twos and ones (maybe 10 times total)

Most of the 3* places in the UK don't appeal to me that much desu

Nobody is going to ask what the fuck that thing is in OPs pic? What is it?!

Wa Yamamura in Nara prefecture. It was pretty good

something americans shoul stay away from. It is unnatural and definitely not kosher.

work on rotating your photos sweetie

I believe you, (((they))) will do anything to keep the herd obedient

ITT: people pay $120+ for a single scallop with some mango chutney

what are we looking at in this picture?

I eat a McDonald's, which is fine dining in my book.

Whatever happened to Borneo, anyways?

I don't know what a michelin three star is, but i've ate at Club 33 in the early 2000's before, and I'm pretty sure thats higher than any restaurant you could even dream of getting into OP.

I think the current admission as of last year now is $800 minimum.

>$800
It was $10,000 for a year membership last I checked.

Exclusive clubs =/= premium dining. Just because your steak was $100 does not mean it was a premium grade.

Except it was. Chateau brion with White truffles and wine from the 1920's make it well worth the cost.

Yes, because there are magically enough bottles from 1920 to last 98 years.

>He doesn't know
It's okay to ask user, but to blindly post ignorant statements in hope you'll prove yourself superior is just silly. Walt's own personal vineyard had 400 acres of nothing but aged wines that have steeped over the years. If you think 1920 is hard to preserve, you haven't even had 1850's.

>Wine ages in bottles
I'm too drunk to deal with this retarded bullshit. but you are stupid and I want to punch love in you

I don't think it is hard to preserve. But I do think that restaurants who claim to offer that vintage are lying sacks of shit. You are going to run out eventually, regardless of how autistically exclusive you try to be.

I've cooked in a 1 star Michelin restaurant and 3 star NY times restaurant does that count?

That rebottled table wine was worth every penny wasn't it?

Yup. Especially seeing as I didn't pay a cent for it.

And why is that? Do you think the membership and admission fees cover the food and alcohol? If you do, you've never been there in your life.

Nah, because my family has ties as imagineers, and we get invited to dinner parties semi-frequently. Guests get in free if they're invited. And my folks have memberships anyways as part of their work contracts.

You're crazy if you think I'd pay that amount, but you're crazier if you think I wouldn't take advantage of it.

>imagineers
what kind of faggotry is that?

>Not knowing one of the most well known and sought after jobs on the planet
Google is your friend :) Maybe one day you too will live in a rich family and make 400k a year.

Michelin don't know shit.
latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-7-eleven-tests-tony-horton-quinoa-juice-20140930-story.html

calling your job an imagineer is like the people at subway saying they're sandwich artists, just call it the real title not some shitty portmanteau

t. noogler at google

it's spelled chateaubriand, bruh.
elbulli guy has you beat, anyhow.

Imagineers actually make around 60k annually.

Cool story bro.

You just called the 4 seasons Quat'Saisons

now whos being pretentious?

To give you the explanation that guy owes you, ever wondered why Disney parks and rides are designed the way they are? Imagineers (aka Disney's R&D department) are responsible for all of it.

Notice why subway sandwiches are put together the way they are? Sandwich Artists are responsible for that.

I have eaten at Maaemo twice. It's Norway's only 3 Michelin star restaurant.

>not my pic but I ate the same thing

you really appreciate that more than a pint of ben and jerry's for half the price?

We can't trust you now that you've put whatever fucking parasite that is inside your body.

I'm okay with creative foods but you're not supposed to take notes from HR Giger. You eat the food, not the other way around.

Over Ben and Jerry's? Yeah. But honestly I'm not really that kind of person that like to go out on super pretentious places like this. I like going out on nice restaurants, but usually a bit more casual places.

My uncle however, is super rich, and he always takes us out on places like this, in different countries. This was about $600 each person and we were 6 people, so $3600. That's crazy for one dinner. He also took us out on T'ang Court in Shanghai last year and The Eight in Macau. No idea how much that cost.

That's the name of the restaurant tho.

cool story

Its an experience HURRRRRR!

I go to olive garden. They have real napkins. Does this count?

Dorseia

Ive looked at the menus for these expensive michelin star restaurants and it all looks like shit to me. i dont want duck sous vide with a jabroniberry glaze served on a bed of lightly roasted bean sprouts. I just a steak and a potato. Is that so hard? anyone else feel this way?

related note. what would happen if you walked into a place like this and asked for the steak and potato and that wasnt on the menu

ITT >so my parents are actually....

there are loads of michelin restaurants where you can get some form of steak and potatoes.

you'd get told that it isn't on the menu. you'd then get sold enough $30 whiskey and complimentary amuse bouche to buy the tasting menu because the servers at these places are fucking wizards. $600 later you're instagramming the 'best meal you've ever had' and bragging about the awesome single-barrel bourbon to your manfriends.

I actually requested a dessert that wasnt on the menu at a two star place once and the made it for me anyway at no extra charge. Granted im sure that wouldnt happen everywhere but people forget that part of the star rating is the tremendous lengths these restaurants are willing to go to to make sure you have a great experience.

really depends on if they have the base ingredients on-hand. dessert items are extremely common (cream, sugar, vanilla, flour, etc-and-so-forth) but they might not actually have the specific cut of meat that you request in-house.

what dessert

A whoopie pie. Restaurant was Acadia in chicago.

>I did go to the French Laundry a few years ago. I'd say it was definitely worth it

ditto. i went by myself. i only had to wait 2 weeks to go after placing a reservation. pretty much the most amazing food experience for me to date. that being said, i'd rather go a brazilian steakhouse and save myself the 2 hr drive and save $400 in the process while i push myself towards a delicious meat coma.

>whoopie pie
seems easy enough. maybe 35 minutes including bake time? less if they use pate a choux and split a profiterole instead of literal cake.

>you now want a whoopie pie

How expensive was it? How good was the food and did it fill you up

Was that worth the ridiculous price?

I have some absurdly rich friends in New York and we went out to Per Se last time I went to visit them.

>nice evening with my lady.boy
Ok

>Your party opens the heavy, rotten, wooden doors; rusted hinges buckling under the weight and screeching as the rust from untold years breaks away. You find yourself in a large, dimly lit room, the air heavy and musty. In the center it's Aglyzogz, the beholder you've been pursuing, his tentacled eyes darting on your location. He slowly turns, yet doesn't seem to look at you with his main eye; true to the stories there's a horrible gash through the main eye from where Etherion was able to cripple him before perishing.

How do you proceed?