Know that God is real and actually has infinite power

>Know that God is real and actually has infinite power
>rebel against him

Why was Lucifer so dumb?

he wins when humanity forgets God.

more like why is God so dumb for allowing him to

I like that scene in Paradise Lost when he deeply regrets rebelling and considers repenting, but realizes he already damned all the angels who followed him, and his responsibility towards them prevents him from repenting.
>t. smug grandpa

Some things you do not to win, but to experience user.

>Know that god valued man's free will over complete control over him.
>Demonstrate to God why it was a mistake.

Why is he so correct?

you know its true, grandson

The Bible is right about the past

but i'm not convinced that God will triumph over Satan. The Bible seems like propaganda from supporters of God (and opponents of Satan)

Lucifer had more information than we will ever have.

yes, even clergy admit the responsibility for evil is God's. That's why it's not useful, because it does not liberate you from suffering, unless you go very deeply into Christianity's secret inner teaching. Thats why most Christians are misery junkies.

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

>be God
>bros with Lucifer (right hand man)
>Lucifer wants to go chill on earth
>wants to fuck with the other angels
>"yo lets pretend we're fighting to mess with the others"
>"lets do it man that sounds hilarious"
>Lucifer creates a fuss and heads down
>other angels fall for it so hard they follow Lucifer down
>Lucifer too invested to call it off now
>the ruse continues to this day, God and Lucifer text each other laughing about it daily

God already triumphed over Satan at the Resurrection.

No-one admits that. What nonsense are you spouting?

You need to read Kierkegaard's The Sickness Unto Death for the psychological portrayal of the fallen. Lucifer (and all true demoniacs) are in a state of despair at willing to be themselves. They wish to be the sinners they are, they love sin, but hate themselves for loving it. That's what I remember of it, anyway.

You kinda get that vibe from Job. God and Lucifer are like two buddies placing bets

God is like Trump, he said we gonna do that we goinna do this we gonna fight the evil but in the end he would negotiate it with the evil and we gonna have something simililar to the good

Not a literate Christian. Google it.

never heard of God's divine plan? Troll.

>Implying you could find better more powerful anime-esque monologues than the ones Milton wrote for Lucifer in the next 400 years

>imagines a coachdriver pulling on the reigns of a demonic steed named Hell and a person playing volleyball in the clouds

die teens

Because he's the original Underground Man.

It's almost like it's not real and just some jewish folklore.

Pride is the pinacle of sin. He rather be in eternal pain than to willingly submit, he aspired to be above God and would accept no compromise just as man in turn ate the forbidden fruit to aspire towards being God and were in turn damned

Lucifer wanted to try fighting for something he believed in for once.

Because that's gay Bible fanfiction. "Lucifer" is lifted from the Vulgate but isn't a proper name, it's a title that means light-bringer, or the morning star. In its original context it explicitly refers to the king of Babylon, mocking his affectations od divinity (which were common for ANE kings).

The Bible itself never has a narrative of Satan being expelled from Heaven for rebellion. The closest is the war in Heaven from Revelation, but that's about the future apocalyptic battle which prefigures the end of the world.

Also this, in Christian theology, Satan has lost, Jesus defeated evil (which includes death) via the resurrection.

He serves a purpose bruh. Cant remember where I found this or what its from but I have it saved anyway..

Clearly God inspired Milton to bring to us the lost story of Satan.
Otherwise how else would his existence be explained?

Looks like Gnostic horseshit

>being a cuckold for God voluntarily
Pride is dignity.

anyone else an atheist but love the imagery in the bible? obviously none of us are stupid enough to fall for the moral doctrine meme but damn some of these stories are cool. The old testament is d a n k

Yeah that's the point. Lucifer didn't want to be a cuck

Kill yourself reddit, this is a Christian board we don't want homo non-believers here

>he believes in God

I don't even have to say shit, burden of proof is on you

>but love the imagery in the bible
Fuck these stolen ideas. Greek mythology, Sumerian stories and Zarathustrian imagery are far better than the story of Cuck.

We must imagine Sisyphos happy

>Greek
I wasn't saying the bible imagery is the best, though, just that I liked it.

I definitely agree that Greek-mythology is god-tier (no pun intended).

Try telling that to Peter when you're refused entry to Heaven

>people still think ha-Satan is 'the devil'

He was this man

*Jesus resurrects behind Satan*
"Nothin personel kid"

While some elements make sense i do not think Christianity has a grasp on what god is or isn't.

>Know that God is all-knowing and powerful
>cannot forsee one of his own angels going against him

That's the bigger question here, boyo

>Implying that all of human free will isn't a great wager between God and Lucifer

delusional

Your God is weak, just admit it. He couldn't foresee all of his mistakes, thus he's not all-powerful and all knowing.

>b-but we have free will

Assuming you're right. we may have free will, but hey if we choose the wrong action, we're fucked. So you're free to fuck up. What kinda fucked up God does that?

The whole thing maks no sense. An all powerful entity that is at the level of god should not have any shortcomings when it comes to his great plan. God is either evil or a major underachiever

What a waste of time in this thread.

God isn't real. You're literally a child who still believes in Santa

I don't think it's trying to. The Bible reveals spectacularly little about God, behind the excuse that human beings -cannot- understand the mind of God, and I'm inclined to believe that. We can't understand our own nature, let alone what surrounds us - what of God? "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

If you want reassurance, just hop onto YouTube and listen to C Hitchens or some other apologist, do you really need to seek it in an imageboard environment? If only you could consider with honesty the frailty of your beliefs.

Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven
which explains the race to the bottom in every Veeky Forums thread

But if we dont even know the very nature of the creator how do we come to the assumption of his/her laws ?

By the law inherent in us, affirmed by revelation.

Fedora

>God isn't real.

Not an argument

A group of people assuming some thing is inherent in everyone on earth is a bit presumptuous. Also you have to believe in th revelation in ordet to pair it with any meaning.

Fatan was right about everything.

Principle

In the end there is, by nature, no conclusive answer where belief is concerned. Nor the pretense of one.
Merely the realization of the inadequacy of your own thought and understanding, and the choice to heed the quiet direction within you - which you know to be there - or to extinguish it slowly, succumbing to the louder voices within and without, calling you every which way, crowding your senses with the sight and sound and smell of forgetfulness.
Belief, too, is a choice - conscious, even if buried in the back of your memory. The lack of choice is always a choice in itself. There is no neutrality in human thought, no sweet ambivalence to wrap around your muted fear as you're lulled along the wide and open road.