What's the best eReader I can buy right now (used or new) for less than $100? I love print books...

What's the best eReader I can buy right now (used or new) for less than $100? I love print books, but I really can't be fucked to be keeping around this much physical media.

also, forgot to add that it needs to support epub

I like the Kindle desu

Kindle Paperwhite is pretty solid. You can either root it (somewhat involved) or use calibre (simple as can be) to put epubs on it.

These things haven't improved in awhile, do we have a waterproof one? A color one?
I'm thinking about getting the yotaphone for it's secondary e-screen, but i dunno if it's worth it.

>Kindle Paperwhite
It's great. The big downside is that Amazon spies on your reading habits to a creepy degree, but it's otherwise a great device.

calibre allows 1:1 conversion from epub to azw3 in the act of putting the epub on the ereader, so that is a non-issue.

A used kindle touch or paperwhite is pretty ideal.

>eReaders inn 2017

Okay, put it in Airplane mode.

Dumb phone reader.

Yes, they're fucking amazing even in 2017.

Ooh boy, this thread.
Still waiting on my $50 Kobo Glo.

Bump.

Kindle Paperwhite

But I just recently purchased the Oasis...expensive as hell, but worth every penny.

Just give away your books once you're done with them, ereaders are shit and don't save you any money.

source?

How am I not saving money, If you read 10 books on a paperwhite its already paid for itself. Unless ofc you buy dirty used books in which case it pays for itself if you read 30 books.

My mom bought me a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas a few years ago. I actually didn't really want it but she was insistent that I got some kind of gift from her so it's what I came up with. Well now I look back and just can't understand how I read books before my Kindle. The extremely light weight, in-page lookup feature, built-in Goodreads connectivity, easy highlighting, big storage and huge battery life are superb. Couple that with stupidly easy piracy (libgen + calibre = unlimited reads) and it cannot be beat. I haven't paid for a book since 2015 and I've read more than I ever did before.

>being this retarded
>paying for media

I'm posting a rare reaction image just for you. It's from my prized "Exclaim" collection.

I enjoy reading more on my kobo too. Physical books are fine, but the font size and type on my kobo is just perfect.

The only downside to e-readers is that it's more inconvenient when you want to go back any substantial amount to re-read a passage.

If it's an interesting passage why not highlight it, or write a small note about it?

shill

Nook Glowlight Plus. After trying a few, this is the easiest to read on.

>tfw Kindle Keyboard died on me after 6 years or so
I hope I can fix it.

ereaders are a stupid meme, just use PDFs on your laptop or phone, "eyestrain" is a marketing invented problem for an "ink simulating" product nobody ever needed.

Trying to read traditional book with cat. Very hard. Cat gets in way. Have to free up both hands at some points. Kindle and cat much more comfortable.

Nice bait, faggot.

just save for a Kindle Paperwhite, I love mine

user. Pls...

>take a look at my Paperwhite which I've been lending to my mom
>she's changed the font to Amazon Ember Bold

For anybody who owns the Oasis. Is it worth it??

Does anybody know a good eReader with very little to no internet capabilities? I want to be able to read ebooks without the temptation of surfing internet constantly being there.

Kindle

Doubt you'll do much surfing on a Paperwhite, the browser is extremely slow and buggy.

Good luck reading in the sun, my friend

You will not enjoy browsing but Internet with an e-ink display so it's a moot point.

just unplug your router or ban the ereader from connecting to it