Nevermore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY
eapoe.org/works/essays/philcomp.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

take thy beak from out my heart and thy form from off my doorrrrrrrrrrrr

no u

poe sucks btw

Strangely enough Poe gets a lot of flak in America but is somewhat well liked in Europe. Can someone explain this?

europeans can read

excellent french translation

toptier german audiobooks

THE BELLS, BELLS, BELLS!!!

scared the shit out of me as a kid
that strange simpson vibe

Castellaneta's so great in this.

or they hype themselves up but possess no substance

Poe is ubiquitous so there is backlash. Especially by pseuds who think he is entry level.

>Poe gets a lot of flak in America.
Dumbest thing I read all day. What is with this millennial way of speaking where you just spout off whatever rhetorical item you have floating around in your head without any regard for whether it's true or not.
>Gets a lot of flak
What in the fuck does this even fucking mean.
God damn. I really need to stop browsing this site the abject stupidity just enrages me.

yeah just go.

kys

I re-watched it not long ago and it holds the fuck up. Everyone's cadence is 10/10, perfectly conveying all the rights moods, inflections and beats. I feel lucky to have grown up with this verson and to have had it be my literal babby's first Poe

youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY

Coofed the raven, "WELL, WELL.
LOOK AT THE CITY SLICKER
PULLING UP IN HIS FANCY GERMAN CAR."

how mighteth i express to thee the ways in which thou might best procure a veritable extraction
whomst here hath but quaffed o' sweet nepenthe

You're making things up for attention

*mathematically calculates the perfect poem*
psssh...nothin personell...kid...
eapoe.org/works/essays/philcomp.htm

kek

Every one of you craves life's pleasures, yet you don't indulge. You want to drink from ecstacy's cup, yet you won't imbibe. You want to walk the edge, like Raven, but you're afraid to fall, so you back away, slowly, hoping no one notices your frailties, your cowardice. You wish you weren't so weak, and you hurt. Well what do you know about pain!? Try walking in my shoes. Experience my sorrow, a childhood without hope, a life without joy. But hey, at least you'll be alive. They say the Raven is the Flock's guide down alienation's barren path. But really, I walk alone. Quoth the Raven, nevermore...

Kill yourself, Andy

He did when he came out, though not in the modern era. The guy has a football team dedicated to him, and in true Pro tradition, it's best player is an actual killer.

Eat my short story.

Nice post, feel free to leave though.

That bird was hungry for feed and seed

Anytime I encounter the work or opinions of people who work in literary fields and are not from this image board it's pretty clear that Poe greatly underrated. I don't know why this is though.

Maybe if you weren't such a genius you would understand the phrases of common folk.

Anyone know/made an article about the Chess and intelligent relation that Poe claims that doesnt exist?

>tfw you will never risk your life in a rapier duel for her hand in marriage

I'd rather have a wank.

Yes that's because you are to depraved to EVER be able to experience the rush of connection that comes with true aesthetic appreciation, and to vainly attempt some kind of unity by throwing away your life for it's sake. To even THINK about lowering this angel to such trite sensuality offends me.

lol that was lame even for a quote

>abject stupidity
Dumbest thing I read all day. What is with this millennial way of speaking where you just spout off whatever rhetorical item you have floating around in your head without any regard for whether it's true or not.
>abject
What in the fuck does this even fucking mean.
God damn. I really need to stop browsing this site the abject stupidity just enrages me.

a. Antiaircraft artillery.
b. The bursting shells fired from such artillery.
2. Informal
a. Excessive or abusive criticism.
b. Dissension; opposition.

It's old as fuck cunt, kids don't even use it much due to how old it is.

Very interesting, thanks user.