en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torches_of_Freedom
youtube.com/watch?v=qYf1AgZAXuI
youtube.com/watch?v=24cAQak6bb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To mask the smell of their bullshit.

Einstein smoked, you're wrong.

because thinking all day gets stressful and tobacco is a drug

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torches_of_Freedom

The torches are a metaphor for the cancer consuming your soul, amirite?

because they didn't suck on their mum's teets enough when they were babies lol

that was pretty interesting desu. reminds me of the way this years oscars tried to prop up the event as a win for women

Because it looks cool.

wouldn't call myself an intellectual but doing something with my hands helps me focus on writing/researching

I also like killing myself sooo

youtube.com/watch?v=qYf1AgZAXuI
Skip to 0:40

youtube.com/watch?v=24cAQak6bb4
what went wrong?

M A R K E T I N G I S M E M E I N G

Arnold is based.

Nicotine stimulates areas of the frontal lobe, and can excite the mind.

At the same time, if smoked slowly and in long breaths, the nature of the smoke works on the 'nerves'.

So, nicotine both seems to activate areas of the mind where associations can be elicited or made, while also calming the parts that express tension throughout the nervous system.

Pretty much this. Many people don't understand that nicotine is both a stimulate and a depressant. It improves the clarity of your mind while physically relaxing you. If any of you are thinking about starting smoking I suggest you use pipe tobacco instead of cigarettes. I've smoked pipe tobacco for 2 years and I'm still not addicted.

I don't. I used to smoke for about a year when I was a sophomore, mostly when going out. I still don't know how I did it back then. Nowadays, if I try to smoke, I get nauseous to the point of puking. I think I developed some sort of resistance to smoking.

Smoking makes you so stinky that people will avoid you.

When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind–and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression.

>I've smoked pipe tobacco for 2 years and I'm still not addicted

LEL

Because most intellectuals you're thinking of are from the past when everyone smoked.

Neurotic and frantic types like Oppenheimer, racing minds, process a lot, very fast, perfectly or else, stress stress stress. Nicotine fits a neurotic mind like a glove.

The same reason gamblers play cards. It gives an vacant mind an object to fixate its panoramic inattentiveness.

>If any of you are thinking about starting smoking I suggest you use pipe tobacco
It's euphoric!

No you assholes,if any of you want to try nicotine, just get patches. Don't start smoking. Nicotine really doesn't do much anyway. You're better off with black coffee or even Monster Zero Ultra™.

This.But tobacco keeps the blood pumping troughout your body,most notably the brain.It keeps the brain young in many ways.If you're a sedentary faggot who doesn't do much physical activity then smoking good tobacco would probably cause a notable improvement in the quality of your life.-doubly so if you're FAT.

>doubly so if you're FAT
I was chubby once and being fat makes sitting incredibly uncomfortable. Being in good shape really makes writing more pleasant.

>tfw that first sip of the day

I enjoy smoking, but whenever I do the next morning my throat is just so full of tar and phlegm and crap that I've never really taken it up as a habit. I'll smoke the occasional cigar, or go out and have a cigarette when a friend is going out for a smoke, but besides that I avoid it just because the next morning's phlegm is so nasty.

It's a slow, painless, and socially acceptable way of committing suicide.

>I've smoked pipe tobacco for 2 years and I'm still not addicted.

>painless
I know someone who died from it yesterday, and the last few years weren't fun, so it'just painless for a while.

woah... this is D E E P

wooow what a great thread...

What about vaping? Seems risk free and you're still getting the nicotine.

I switched to a mouth fedora and while I like not smelling like smoke I mourn not looking as cool.

I hate vaping because it doesn't chunk up your day. A 3 hour reading session for me could be chunked up into 6 easy cigarette breaks, which made it nice and easy. Whereas just being able to vape all that time, with the vape being nowhere near as satisfying as a cig, gives no relief.

Taking breaks is great for your mind, and what beats being forced to take breaks by your addiction? Besides, you can easy play around with the reward mechanism "I won't smoke a cig, until I am done with this sentence/page/chapter". Plus all the benefits of nicotine mentioned by other anons.

But you're looking like a faggot. Aesthetic matters.

Makes little difference for me because I used to smoke in my apartment while I read (I know, I know) and now I'm pretty much doing the same thing.
Also a decent device and a high-nic and high-hit fluid and the right atomizer pretty much makes it as good as smoking.

Vigorous exercise achieves the same result and doesn't give you cancer.

Nicotine addiction can be a difficult burden. If you've gone all the way through college without picking it up, I wouldn't tempt it. It's going to be a dependency you carry for the rest of your life.

>yes user, pay your $15 a day tax, aesthetic matters
underage faggot

>socially acceptable

Then why do I get dirty looks when I put my cigarettes on other people's skin?

Just pick up old butts from the sidewalk like Einstein did if you're too poor for aesthetics.

It's tricky to include in your work flow and it won't work as well after four-five minutes exercise.

Kek I used to do that when I was at work and ran out of cigarettes. I'd tear open all the butts I could find and collected the scraps of tobacco until I had enough to roll inside a fresh paper.
They tasted horrible.

fpbp

>won't work as well after four-five minutes exercise.

Sure it will, try tabata burpees or tabata sledgehammers.