What are your thoughts on Bubble Tea?

What are your thoughts on Bubble Tea?

I like it.

Taro was my favorite by far. So earthy. So real.

Better off getting che.

Che is more like a dessert though, bubble tea is more of a drink love both though

idiots choke to death on it, so i can't rate it too low

Don't put solids in drinks, and if it has more calories than water, it is a dessert.

it's a gimmick, it's basically the sugary sweet of a starbucks drink combined with tasteless blobs of gelatin.

Guess that makes literally every drink ever a dessert.

You got it, chubby.

Taro milk tea/smoothies are great, don't care for boba though.

Never had it, don't even know what it is.

Overrated. Most places give watered down milk tea with some artificial flavor, all with tasteless jelly pearls in the bottom.

expensive but i love chewing bubbles

Its good. Learn to make your own though its over priced hipster food.

So orbitz

I prefer coffee.

This is true. A new hipster bubble tea shop opened not that far from me and it is always packed with a line out the door. I don't know if it is good or not because, fuck waiting in that line, and fuck paying $4 more than what a bubble tea would cost me in Chinatown.

i thought this meme was dead?

How much are you guys paying for bubble tea? There's this suburb near me that has a Vietnamese-run shopping center and there's a store that sells some of the best bubble tea I've ever had, and it costs $2.50.

I had some bubble tea just before, and now I can't stop thinking about chewing on the bubbles, that shit is so good. I wish I had one right now.

that "white girl walks into class 15 minutes late with Starbucks" meme from 2012, except at my high school the white girl would walk into class 15 minutes late with boba to show her asian friends how cultured she was

basically if you wanted to prove that you weren't a basic white girl and that you were different, you'd go out and get boba for lunch instead of starbucks, as a way of saying that you weren't just any white girl but a smart, cultured white girl who hangs out with asians.

Sorry, I don't like sucking Tyrones balls

>bubble tea
>hipster
This isn't 2003 grandad

There is a Japanese cafe in my town that has bubble tea :(hot and cold) for $2. I love the flavor and texture, but it's never filling/satisfying, so I feel like I need to consume 4 of them to feel "satisfied."

So I never buy them. Sadly.

I order my bubble tea without bubbles.

tastes like oreos lol

Those fucks in line at that bubble tea shop sure look like hipsters to me, but I will admit I don't spend much time keeping track of the ins and outs of hipster trends.

To be frank, I prefer it without the tapioca pearls.

>excited australian grunts

Oh hey, a thread for me.

Ask a bubble tea barista/corporate slave anything.

Are they (very) unhealthy?

Sounds like you have a grudge.

It's pretty good if you live in an area with a lot of Asian people. I always try to get something that has a strong tea flavor and usually get it with less than half the sugar if possible.

HAHA

Depends on what you get. I happen to work for a chain that lets people pick their level of sugar, for example. So, if you're getting an oolong tea with no sugar and herbal jelly that's about five calories. I couldn't say for the other drinks, as I haven't been with the company for very long, but obvs anything with a lot of non-dairy powder creamer/lactaid/sugar in it is going to be pretty bad.
That's why I think the worst drink for you are any of the milk teas, health wise. Less so if you decline sugar.
There's also okayish mid-range things like no sugar added fruit lemonade or whatever.

Gross, something literally only teenage girls drink for their instagrams, especially chinks. That's the perception in the U.K. anyway.

>cereal
>soup

cool to do once or twice and then i just get the tea itself with no tapioca. so i don't mind the popularity, just more places for me to get taro or thai milk tea

If you had to ask me what the literal best thing I have ever tasted was, I'd say the almond milk tea in my hometown. The bobas make it like a snack instead of something you slurp down.

Now I don't live next to an asian neighborhood though. life will never be as good

underrated posts

Those aren't drinks.

How do you make taro slushes? What brand of powder do you use, or do you use real taro? I bought a package of taro powder to make drinks at home but I can't get them to taste as good as the tea shops.

Even the taro milk tea?

How do you drink bubble tea? Do the bubble things go up the straw?

yeah, they give you straws sized to accomodate the bobas

Where do you get your green tea from? what is the type called?

what fucking year is it ITT?

Hot bubble tea? I have never seen bubble tea served hot before what the fuck

The cheapest you can get over here somewhere in one of the most important Yuropean capital cities is around 5,50 euros, which is roughly 6,20 USD.
It’s a fucking rip-off.

yeah it surprised me too but it is good. i get the chai flavor, it's really tasty. maybe i will get one in the next day or two to show u

So then, why do you?

Bubble tea is getting really expensive nowadays for what is essentially milk + tea + tapioca + flavour. And now stores charge 50c for the tapioca pearls as an extra, with the milk + tea + flavour being the base drink.

What's the best way to make taro milk tea? Best flavor powder? Or is actual taro the best? I just want to make it at home rather than spend $3+ for a cup at shops.

I don't. You obviously are a newfag here

I love it, there's a local place that offers bubble tea. I get the straight black tea with cream, so good.

Fucking newfag phone poster

If milk is a dessert, then that makes you a faggot.

>"Tea"

guys make sure you try strawberry milk tea with lychee jelly. SENSATIONAL STUFF

I'm a white guy living in a chinatown and I end up drinking boba pretty much every day. Add a meat bun to it and I'm pretty sure I'll have diabetes before 40.

If you eat the extract of animal tits, you're a furry.

Why does Taro not taste like actual taro? Like if you get some taro root and you eat it it doesn't taste like the meme drinks at all. What the fuck even is taro flavoring?

A stupid gook root that is just packed with sugar or condensed milk to make it a dessert, same thing as purple sweet potato and cassava for spics

Its a tasty drink like any other. You should try one instead of just tipping your fedora at it.

? purple sweet potatoes dont have anything added to them

Sorry for the late reply. We have both matcha and chinese green tea so it depends on what you get. I have no idea what brand it is lol just the countries of origin.

Taro syrup is pretty sweet/sugary so that one might have the most sugar lol

My favourite place in town (and pretty much the only one close to me) closed down, but a Chatime opened nearby so that's better than nothing. I enjoy it, I'm most of the time into slushes though, I like to get strawberry with a kiwi flavour shot, and pearls of course.

Do you guys make QQ there? I made a peach one the other day and was pretty stoked on it.

Nah I think that's another chain. But we do have coconut jelly.

Thoughts on this place?

We have one in Boulder I drive by every day. seems like a meme tier tea place but honestly sugary sweet tea flavored drinks are always good in my book

I used to have that shit everyday on holiday and it was great, if you ignore the chocolate flavour. I'm too lazy to go an a train for half an hour just for more tea though, so I don't have it anymore.

Can you guys give me a step by step guide on ordering this shit? I wanna go get some but will get mad anxious if I don’t know the process. I’d like something tasty but low carb.

you can order it unsweetened, half sweet, with or without pearls or jelly, and in many inherently less-sweet flavors.

but none of that will make up for you buying it at some shitbird flyover shop that doesn't soak their pearls properly. them shits should be DELICIOUS.

t. married to taiwanese

>t. married to Taiwanese
I hope he's a man, don't want more WMAF hapas.

oh

yeah i'm definitely gonna spackle her cervix with my baby plaster

sorry

Dizgustyng. Loke every ice-tea sold out there.

Best screen for that Y gene.

I guess if you have a boy, you could always raise him in Thailand so he won't fuck up anything important.

which one is that, the one with the sushi?

Sushi? What the fuck does raw fish have anything to do with this?

you said thailand

is that the sushi or the kimchi

Yogen Fruz make a pretty good Hokkaido Milk Tea. I like getting it with Grass Jelly.

I fucking love this place. I make boba tea nearly every morning before work and I can’t replicate the way their pearls taste. The tea itself is alright but their pearls are fantastic. This is the only place I buy boba tea.

idk get drunk you beta

It's a country, you nitwit.

you mean the elephants??

Wrong country, dumbass, that's Africa.

man i'm so confused i thought my wife was taiwanese

she's african?!

No, she's a bitch. Your son will be a useless nigger though.

>not calling it PMT or boba like the true weeb you are

cmon man

I've never drank semen either, do I live in a flyover state too fagola?

That makes no sense at all.

That's because it's ube

this. bubble tea is chinks greatest contribution to the world

its $5 on the east coast

Yeah fuck this trend of charging for the pearls.