Holy... gnosticism aka. DEVIL WORSHIPPERS btfo!

Holy... gnosticism aka. DEVIL WORSHIPPERS btfo!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
youtube.com/watch?v=MMEZIgXzoIk
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNWsHLfKoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like how he rules off the nag hamadi books as pagan nonsense but then recommends enoch and other mystical nonsense

Lol what a dumbass, Sophia is in the Old Testament (Hakmah in Hebrew, Sophia in LXX), the gnostics didn't invent her.

As always, this is the goto for a primer.

>The tenet of Christianity is "God is one", and these Nag Hammadi texts completely undermine this fundamental axiom
G-guys!? Isn't he right?

>amazon customer's mind is so weak that plural gods preclude one true god

Christians are Atheists.

he's right tho
not well-read in gnostic memery, but his theology is solid, gnostics are are fags

Theology itself, as a concept, is not solid.

typical hylic

The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

What a retard. The worst part about being religious in any way is the community.

in the pentateuch god sometimes is referred to as 'elohim' which literally means 'the gods' so no. catholicism and other christian sects believe in the holy trinity and saints, thinly veiled attempts at polytheism.

Accurate, memes aside.

He is correct. In the view of Platonist master race, "God is one." One is the ideal form: it is atomic and universally applicable to life on Earth. I am one. You are one. An ant is one, but so is an ant colony. One sun. One moon. One leaf. One forest. God is one because it is infinitely manifold. Consider a rock. Break it with a hammer. From one has come another one. This is God and also what God does.

Religions that adopted Greek philosophy (like all the sects of Christianity) generally went off the rails immediately and back to stupid animal myth and ritual. Amazon Customer is just a crank who didn't like the scrolls and would prefer his own flavor of bullshit.

>pictures Sophia in his mind while meditating for hands-free climax
I certainly know that feel.

Why do protestants even bother with Christianity? Why not just dispense with the notion of the divine and just start your work cult and be done with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

mars has 2 moons

So you're telling me Mars has two moons. How do you know what two is?

what do you mean, two is one more than one. or is this one of those dostoyevsky arguments where 2+2=4 is false because we have free will and therefore the right to decide what is right and what not.

Almost completely true except for the idea of Chad practicing magic.
There's a reason magic is traditionally associated with women an derided as women's work.
Men didn't need magic. The gods themselves were impressed with the deeds of men.

women practice sorcery not magic

>esoteric misogyny

It's a simple question. How do you know you have two of something? How do you know what two IS? I'll tell you: you count one, then you count the other one. You can't have two (or twenty-seven) without one.

This is what I mean by infinitely manifold and atomic. This is what makes one ideal, and why the Platonists believed one was a trait of God.

The only worse thing than gnostics themselves are these fundamentalist christians that yells "g-gnosticism" at everything, having a lot of these at catholicism these days.

To preface this, I'm not one of those SJW/equality warriors or something, but still here I go: I've been reading the Nag Hammadi scriptures which were edited by Marvin Meyer and he prefaced it by saying, that he approached them more naturally when it comes to gender. So for example "Son of Man"-> "Children of God" , stuff like that basically. And first I thought it was shit, because he translated/edites them wrong to appeal to modern age consumers, you know those SJW/equality warriors. But now I kinda feel like he wasn't so wrong. I mean considering it was written by men, as were the Bible, Quran, Thora etc. I feel like the original authors were rather biased and just gave males all of the credit, going as far as calling God a male "Father". But if God or Gods are omnipotent they can take whatever shape they want, why would he take form of a humanoid male?
What do you think about that?

The people misinterpreting the Trinity in this thread kill me on the inside.
You're mistaking protestantism and calvinism.

>What do you think about that?

Not him but I think changing the words of ancient philosophers is blasphemy. You are destroying the meaning to satisfy your own contemporary insanity. Just because your limited worldview cannot see the value in a text does not mean there is no value present. Changing the words could destroy the meaning forever, or at the very least make that translation useless for study.

b-but the spirit of the book told me it was okay

>What do you think about that?
I think you're either trolling or retarded.
Protip next time you toss out some bait try editing it down I don't need your fucking autobiography to get triggered

i think it's a bad idea to change the gender of words, genders have symbolic meaning in traditions so losing that nuance makes no sense, it's not the same a father god than a mother godess

of course god is not a gendered being, but you can never directly speak about good, you always do it from your own lens, and removing the gender removes information about what kind of lens were the ancients using when writing about god

from some traditional points of view you can argue that females have less direct (or different) access to god than men, while women may have a more direct connection with nature in some traditions, of course you shouldn't remove that kind of nuance from the originals texts, even if you don't accept that kind of traditional point of view from your modern ideology

So the only way we can read those texts is through some editors filter. Why bother.

I heard the 1977 translation is more accurate and doesn't do any of this gender crap.

I take that as a "No, it's not okay."

so besides the Nag Hammadi Scriptures, how much of the other Gnostic/Hermetic stuff has Veeky Forums read?

Pistis Sophia? Corpus Hermeticum or the Emerald Tablet?

>The tenet of Christianity is "God is one"

Not a Christian but doesn't the bible contain more than one name for god? If so can that not represent different aspects of god? Also if god is one does that mean Jesus is not god? However Catholics claim Jesus = God = holy spirit, how do they unify this? Also god himself refutes the description of creation of the world written in Genesis in the Book of Job when he states that he created the universe by defeating leviathan.

It's pretty obvious from anyone that studies religion even causally that Christian Mythology is an amalgamation of several separate creation myths jammed into one because of how often it steps on it's own toes. Claiming there is only one god and he is a single entity also pretty much kills Christ's divinity and lowers him to the status of prophet not son of god.

I agree 100% translators especially when it comes to religion have their own bias and filter out a lot. This is clear to any bilingual that has read an original work and compared it to a translation. Not only that but lots of words gain and lose numinosity giving new culture/historical meaning and connotation while removing original ones. Also the reordering of words to fit the grammar of a different language can change the stress of a sentence and in turn change the power of delivery.

Ever read a really amazing line in a book only to find the impact gone in the translation?

Those that seriously study and practice religion waste their time if they don't read the original holy text in their original language with a historical and culture appreciation for the time and place it was written.

You seem confused.
>If so can that not represent different aspects of god?
This is a heresy known as Sabellianism.
> Also if god is one does that mean Jesus is not god?
Multiple heresies held this view in various way. Arianism and Modalism/Monarchianism are the most famous. Also Islam.
>However Catholics claim Jesus = God = holy spirit, how do they unify this?
By literally stating that they are. God is one and trine. Done. It's not like anyone can prove anything in case you didn't notice.
>Claiming there is only one god and he is a single entity also pretty much kills Christ's divinity
Again, this view existed, but it's not like you have the theological high ground just because your version of God is easier to fit inside Aristotelian logic, even if the latter was highly appreciated.

>Thinking that truth is something that can completely be sought out.

Get out of here, human. Only through divine revelation (which humans provoke through magic) can one fully understand the truth. In the end studying languages and religious texts is a waste of time in the long run.

>this is bread
>but it's also flour+water
christcucks btfo

>power metal
>gnostic

yep

youtube.com/watch?v=MMEZIgXzoIk

Easily the best post I've seen in weeks.

>christian complaining about non-unitarianism
the trinity called

In ancient Hebrew, pluralization also functions as an intensifier/honorific.

also this includes "modern" stuff like Stephen Hoeller and other 'Gnostic' authors

Damn
How do I convert to Pythagoras' religion? Or should I embrace Islam's insistence on oneness?

Is the best way to read it, to read the Marvin Meyer version simultaniously to the 1977 translation?

wtf i love the demiurge now

>By literally stating that they are. God is one and trine.

So I can just make shit up in religion and it doesn't even have to make logical sense? cool.

>So I can just make shit up in religion and it doesn't even have to make logical sense? cool.
Yes. Source: All religions

>19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Absolutely ebin

And how the fuck are any humans supposed to know that?

it says it here

Jews and Muslims already made up their mind.
So Christians, is there one, or is there numerous, gods?

I AM THE BEAST I WORSHIP

How are you supposed to know in general?

Unironically the story of Lorkhan.

Well, Veeky Forums, was he right?

youtube.com/watch?v=bbNWsHLfKoM

get outta here greenpill
TES has all kinds of religious and mythological references

Dumbass bought into the God-is-one nonsense that the Demiurge propagates to keep the black man down. Fucking crackers.

>Not reading Evola, literally the foremost example of this.

Not Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah is the one and only god. The holy spirit is not an entity, it is essentially his power working. Jesus is his son and his first creation.

Checkmate atheists

I wish I could go into my favourite fictional universe and spam this shite everywhere

>Jesus is his son and his first creation.
please supply evidence for the pre-existence of Jesus Christ

Except Lorkhan is the only god worthy of worship in The Elder Scrolls

"He is called “the firstborn of all creation,” for he was God’s first creation."

Colossians 1:15:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."

Catholics will never recover from this

How do I get into gnosticism bit? Sell me on it.

Falling for the "gnostic heresy" meme
Falling for Irenaues' tricks without even reading "against heresies"
HAHAHAHAHA

I achieved gnosis and pierced the veil through the borrowed strength of eagles, gaining true knowledge of the forms etc. but I haven't studied gnosticism. Do I still need to or am I ok.

Catholics HATE when you quote scripture without the pope's approval.

It's interesting to compare your experiences and gnosis with what is outlined in the codecies. It's a worthwhile supplement, but not absolutely necessary.

You're good to go. Ascended fags don't need books

>satanic digits
no thanks

>
>>satanic digits
>no thanks

:^)