What does Veeky Forums think of the meat pies? The filling was made with ground beef, tomato paste...

What does Veeky Forums think of the meat pies? The filling was made with ground beef, tomato paste, peas and chicken stock. The crust is putting pastry. Does it sound good to anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

marthastewart.com/852049/beef-and-potato-hand-pies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

Did you put an egg wash on top? Looks good, but I'd like it a bit darker.

Yeah, that sounds pretty good, actually. Got a recipe for this or others? I love savory pastries. [spoiler]Also, one day I think it would be fun to get a stall at a ren fair and sell medieval breads and such and something like this would be great on the imaginary menu.[/spoiler]

sounds like you made square calzones dude

I’ve used the beef and cheese pie from keefcooks, including his hot water pastry, to great effect

Yes in fact, I do! Here's the recipe for what I made, and I'll post a similar one in a second.

Egg wash on top, yes.

That also sounds like a really fun idea! And here's the other recipe.

Thanks a lot. I might do a simpler one just to start with since I don't work with puff pasty much, but those look pretty good. I found this one marthastewart.com/852049/beef-and-potato-hand-pies that's just beef, potato, and onion.

i made my grandparents a turkey pie yesterday
they didn't rave over it much but my grandma didn't try and make me take the leftovers home so i guess she like it

all I see are lumps of fat. I try and avoid fat so as not to be fat.

-fatass

Would you like a diet soda so you can justify this to your already sweating cardiologist who's probably going to lose their biggest client?

Ah, well I've not actually made something like puff pastry for this, so because I was cooking for my family I'd use something easy. If it was just myself, I would have tried my hand at making everything from scratch. Thanks for the info as well!

Pretty sure no one actually makes puff pastry for home baking.

I'm sure it's good, but you couldn't get more color on the pastry? Use an egg wash.

These look good, though I personally wouldn't put tomato paste in a meat pie.

How else do you make eclairs, or pigs in a blankey?

Those look pretty good, user...

Have you tried these day two? I have been looking for various foods to make in a big batch and then take to work for lunch.

>Pies
Pasties.

I've made these, but sauteed together onions, mustard seed, cumin, and onions together with minced mutton and it was really good.