Any tips for making the best recipe for authentic japanese ramen from scratch?

Any tips for making the best recipe for authentic japanese ramen from scratch?

Other urls found in this thread:

whirlpoolcorp.com/project/marc-bitzer/
seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/rich-and-creamy-tonkotsu-ramen-broth-from-scratch-recipe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yfEUwNQTXwU
youtube.com/watch?v=o1NmDcCrPXE
youtube.com/watch?v=FMrtri7SxHw
youtube.com/watch?v=1wySzXVxuUI
youtube.com/watch?v=J8pH_H4caRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. scratch your ass
2. boil the water
3. put in the packet
4. put in the flavors
5. dump some egg in there too
6. maybe cold cuts and veggies and whatever you have
7. eat with sticks, wallah

you will need the latest kitchen appliances from marc bitzer

im not talking about pre-made shitty packet ramen, but authentic ramen from scratch with no pre-made seasonings etc, lad

My favourite method
>leave salt pork in the oven as low as you are humanly patient
>softboil an egg
>cut up as much green onion as you have. Do the diagonal cuts to make yourself feel accomplished
>slice super tender salt pork super thin
>toss in a bullion cube
>toss in pork slices
>toss in noodles
>toss in packet
>toss in green onion
>toss in egg
>eat

buy the packet from an authentic japanese packet ramen shop

but I want Ramen like they do it in Wagamama, surely theres a way to do it from scratch properly?

like I said before
whirlpoolcorp.com/project/marc-bitzer/

you can now make ramen using new kitchen-aid appliances and attachments.

Well, let's see. Mostly (in my opinion) it comes down to the broth.
seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/rich-and-creamy-tonkotsu-ramen-broth-from-scratch-recipe.html
This recipe here is pretty good, though there are similar ones all over the place. Basically, you need to give yourself a good 8-10 hours to make the broth. While your broth is boiling I'd also get your protein together, something like puled pork shoulder. Oh, and soy eggs. I like to prep my soy eggs a god 2-3 days before we eat them to let them marinate right. Make some simple pickles, maybe heat up a little frozen corn, peas or something similar to add in. As for assembling the meal itself, just boil the noodles and broth separately and arrange everything in the bowl, Maybe add some seaweed or some of those spiral fishcake thingies. Wa-lah.

I leave all these bread crumbs and you idiots need spoonfed information like a baby. You might as well be eating gerber

Oh and I know this point of view may seem blasphemous after saying all this, but when making my own ramen I just use pre-packaged noodles and throw away the flavor packet.

this is what I was after, thanks. Do I need to prep the meat and leave in a salt cure in the fridge the night before? or is that just a meme?

No, I just did my pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Low and slow, then pulled it apart with forks. Probably took as long as the broth to make I suppose. I imagine prepping the meat in a salt cure would be good though depending on what cut/kind of meat it was. I don't do pork belly with my ramen but some people love it after all.

thanks, going to try this tomorrow

if by prepackaged noodles you mean the instant ramen stuff then that's pretty dumb and i dont know why you'd waste the broth on that when you could just buy the actual noodles for pretty cheap from any Asian market and even some grocery stores.

I just buy fancy-looking prepackaged ramen. Not Maruchan-tier or anything. I dunno, tastes fine to me. The main thing you're tasting is the broth, meat and other additives after all.

As a person who buys dumb ramen fairly often, the noodles generally have a way different texture than actual ramen unless you've found some super legit brand or something

Maybe I have? I dunno, frankly the packaging in in moon and I can't make heads or tails of it. But next time I go down to the Asian market I'll certainly look for the actual ramen noodles. I could always stand to improve my ramen game. Thanks for the advice!

80% of the appeal really is the broth though so keep doing what you're doing with everything else. Imo the actual noodles are a lot better than instant ramen stuff but I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find any if it tastes good. Also I find it kind of a waste since more expensive nip packaged ramen is pretty good with the base seasonings

nuke it.

I saved these a long time ago from the booru, and it makes fucking awesome tonkotsu ramen broth.
Here's the first part

And second part.

Damn, I'll bet that is goat af. Have you tried it yourself?

When you eat ramen in a shop in Japan they straight up ask you if you want soft, medium or hard noodles. Up to personal preference.

be born into a japanese ramen shop family

Anyone have any experience using a pressure cooker to make the tonkotsu broth? So the cooking time can be reduced?

Interested in this, I have an instant pot and feel like it might be perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=yfEUwNQTXwU

What is this meme

thanks, lad

Not OP, but I have a similar question. I'd love to do a from-scratch udon, and I have the fresh noodles, But I'm not sure what kind of broth would be appropriate for the meal. I was planning Tempura and egg, so I think shrimp would be too powerful, but would a beef broth add the right flavor to the noodles if paired with shrimp? Also what vegetables traditionally go with udon noodles?

Looks great, but god how expensive is that? a $30 broth? Chicken and pork parts aint cheap.

That does depend though, you only use the chicken carcass and pork bones, which are the cheapest bits.

I buy my chickens whole and cut them up myself, and store the carcass and wings separately for stocks. And I've bought bones for as little as a few cents. So all in all I'm guessing it would cost a few bucks for a full pot if you fill it smart?

Read "Ivan Ramen" and follow his recipe to prepare all the ingredients from scratch over the course of a week. Then assemble tasty ramen for days.

It takes a long time and it's a bitch to find the ingredients but it is worth it.

Interesting. If only I could find a copy online.

have you never had packaged ramen? the noodles themselves are different

Yep, many times. It's fucking delicious.

how girly is you asshole soyboy?

Eh, it's not that expensive, and it makes enough broth that you can freeze some for future meals as well. I don't know how expensive pork hocks are where you live, but here they're pretty cheap, and I use whatever bony chicken parts I can get the cheapest. A couple of times I've used chicken feet along with the pork, that makes a crazy gelatinous broth, very nice.

You stupid fuck, by soy eggs, he meant eggs that have been boiled and marinated in a soy sauce mixture. Fucking idiot......

Okay well I finally found a torrent for it. Is anyone actually interested? It's fairly complicated, so I'll have to post multiple images.

I'm interested, keep us posted!

Don't listen to any of the shut ins on this site.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1NmDcCrPXE

Making "authentic" ramen is a bit complicated. First you need to make a dashi, or stock.
youtube.com/watch?v=FMrtri7SxHw

Then, you need to make Alkaline Noodles
youtube.com/watch?v=1wySzXVxuUI

then combine with the steps seen here
youtube.com/watch?v=J8pH_H4caRQ

Tonkotsu is 999999 times better, unless you're putting something delicate in the broth like Hokkaido scallops.

Hue, you know all their ramen are just made from either a chicken or vegetable stock concentrate, it's nothing special.
I mean wagamama raman has 5g of miso paste mixed in, the chilli stock is made up of sriracha, malt vinegar and sweet chilli sauce mixed.
The amount of money they charge is fucking funny.

Its not complicated.
It’s noodle soup.
Gaijin.

>diagonal cuts

Its a hard bias you peasant

didn't see an instant ramen thread, might as well ask here.

I've noticed with some straight-from-Japan ramen that there's a funky ass smell immediately after adding the instant broth, can't place it, doesn't bleed over into the flavor at all either. At first I thought it was over expiration, but that doesn't seem like the issue. Cup ramen never has the smell, too, which makes me even more confused.

Anyone have any ideas?

Probably powdered dashi. It's made with bonito and kombu, and if you're not used to the taste, it can be off-putting at first.

*SMELL* is what I meant, not taste.

Maybe, I'm hesitant to go with that considering I use dashi (instant and homemade) somewhat regularly and it never hits me like that.

I originally thought it had to do with fake tonkotsu broth since I first encountered it with the "pork bone" Nissin Raoh, but that was the first Japanese instant ramen I ordered too.

actual ramen in japan doesn't have the entire fucking top covered in meat and protein

they put 1 tiny piece of meat, and then have 99.5% noodles and hot water. thats literally it. and its not good quality meat, and they rarely ever have eggs , eating eggs in japan is rare

japanese "cuisine" is a fucking meme, and ive lived in japan for almost a year, fucking sucked, they are disgusting people and their culture is a lie

Sure, buddy.

Never used this image but done basically the same minus mushrooms.

Can confirm it's good as hell. Usually only simmer it for about 9 hours though, but I'd make it at my friend's place and by the end of the 9 hours we'd always have hungry/stoned/drunk guests showing up

t. Korean still butthurt the japanese fucked their women during ww2.