So, describe to me the flavor that makes NYC pizza unique...

So, describe to me the flavor that makes NYC pizza unique? Because if the only appeal is that it's the floppiest/thinnest, I cannot buy into this meme. Surely there is something about the sauce or something that is special.

“The water makes good dough”

A) People like different things, B) because it's cheesy and crispy, C) also the fact that you're judging this off Sbarro makes you kind of a fag

>describe to me the flavor that makes NYC pizza unique
brick ovens.

there is no longer a unifying pizza theory in NYC. every place seems to do their own thing. that said, the best slice in any state is always the dollar slice.

NYC gutter oil and rat pills, there just something about it

You'd have to come taste it for yourself. Can't figure out exactly what everywhere else is doing wrong (it's just fucking pizza) but the pizza from NY, NJ & LI can only be gotten here. Everywhere out of state and especially in other countries, their pizza has no flavor and it's always way too sweet or has a shitty texture.

>there is no longer a unifying pizza theory in NYC.
There NEVER was. The original style in NYC was coal oven pizza, like what you get at Lombardi's or Totonno's. That was 1905. Since then the city has been home to a wide variety of styles, including the Sicilian riff at L&B Spumoni Gardens, the clam bar pie at Lee's, wood oven riffs on Neapolitan and Roman places and even Trapizzino. The term "NY style pizza" is really only relevant outside of the city, and usually means the kind of pizza slice joints serve - thin crust cooked in a gas oven topped with low moisture mozzarella. It's the junk food version of pizza in this town. Something you grab when you're in a rush or drunk late at night. Most neighborhoods have a few decent examples of this kind of pizza, but it's nowhere nearly as good as the other (more expensive) styles of pizza in this town.

Hey OP, I've got a nutty idea. Take that dick out of your mouth for a second and hear me out.

Maybe instead of asking other people to tell you what to think, try something for yourself. Form your own opinion. Go try that pizza for yourself and see what you think. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Were you unimpressed? You'll find life to be a lot more fun if you just try new things.

And when you're done, you can go back to sucking that dick.

flouride mmmmmmmm

Floride is in most drinkable water though user. Like in Europe, it's not added in a lot of countries because the water already has naturally occurring fluoridated water at or above optimal levels. Plus some European countries add fluoride to salt, I don't see how that's much better.

>hey OP, why don't you go all the way to NYC for a slice of pizza

lol you fucking retard

>You have to go to New York to try New York style pizza
What did he mean by this?

Your supposed to fold it and dip it in ranch, faggot!

YUMMY YUMMY FLOURIDE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

new haven/providence pizza is better

There's no added fluoride in NY water. NY/LI water comes from the ground as Long Island is a giant, naturally occurring sand filter. The minerals that it absorbs from the ground give it its flavor.

yagg sbarro

>exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

>NYC gets water from Long Island aquifers

NYC water has little creatures in it

The reason why its thin is because in New York you are on the fucking go, there is no time to bullshit. You grab a slice fold it, and eat it on the go.

Not a meme just how its designed.

so is there a reason you aren't able to fold a thicker crust?
i personally don't have problems folding a thicker crust

NYC actually has some of the best water quality. the water comes from the Catskill Mountains

new york is a magical place you can find anything but mostly it depends on the dough made fresh and the fresh ness of the ingridients.

fresh cheese etc

>Cooking pizza in brick ovens is unique to New York
Surely people can't be this ignorant, right?