1984 or BNW?

You can only select one

BNW hands-down

bwn is the turbo brainlet answer

The ideas in BNW are good, but as a novel it's pretty poor. There are many fewer interesting scenes, phrases, etc. The characters are all idea taps.

1984 conversely has much more emotional subtlety and tons of really striking scenes and phrases in it. There's a reason so much of it has entered into the popular vocabulary.

Don't get me wrong, they're both good books.

>both are early high school lit
>both are inferior copies of We
pass

Anthem > We

randfags need to leave

1984 is better written but BNW offers interesting alternative ideas

stop pushing this shitty contrarian meme

i got tricked into reading WE and it's just not a good book

Stop posting that retarded reductionist meme image made by someone who's too stupid to understand what carbs are.

Or maybe they are both wrong and we aren't living in some sort of dystopia you stupid reddit fucks.

>Anthem
This validated my superiority complex as a young teen but otherwise it has no value.

1984 is a better read. BNW feels increasingly like the real world

but the use of langauge in 1984 is the most important and relevant part. that isn't even mentioned in that shitty meme image

Someone left their paper ON BNW in the lunch hall of my school today on a table I was at, and I went ahead and wrote "Huxley > Orwell" at the top to save any readers their time.

1984 is the better book, BNW was far more accurate in its predictions of a totalitarian future state/the direction we are heading in.

Overall I enjoyed BNW more but 1984 is objectively better written.

>direction we are heading in

This

BNW, but that might just be because I read it when I was older

>he finds nothing wrong with an insane meme magic timeline

Past Master

Raphael Lafferty understood what fucks the world up better than anyone. All utopian experiments are headed for suffering and disaster without exception.

I enjoyed both, 1984 is more nuanced. I feel it was better constructed than BNW.

I read the book the comic spams
it says almost nothing about 1984 or BNW
its just someone rambling about how people aren't well read anymore

BNW

The Bible did a better job of predicting the future. Everyone of us will die and be judged.

>writing a book to complain about people not reading books

This

Every turbo-normie I've talked to about 1984 mentions constant surveillance as the biggest deal, when orwell makes it abundantly clear that it's language manipulation. There's a reason the ending scene is what it is and not something else.

OT: BNW and 1984 are not mutually exclusive despite what the retarded comic says

1984 is a more enjoyable read; BNW is more relevant in regards to prognosticating a 'utopian' state.

NOT A DICHOTOMY FUCK OFF YOU BRAINLET FACEBOOK PLEB SHIT CUNT

Bullshit

We're obviously gonna get bic belated

I agree with this. BNW is arguably more correct, but 1984 is better.

Got dayummmm

if you are dissatisfied with a certain element of society (albeit, a very, very irrelevant element), maybe you should stop propagating it

1984 felt very cold and distant and St the same time was much better written.

BNW while it did predict some parts of the future, it really lacked out towards the ending

I like both books, but am going with 1984

BNW, everything in 1984 is so fucking cartoonishly evil that it made me laugh a couple times while reading it, even after the state had won they still shot him just for shits and giggles, it's like the entire time he was writing while stroking his little proletariat while screaming "WE MUST SEIZE THE MEANS OF REPRODUCTION". The only interesting idea he had was in the use of language i quite liked that idea but it's moot when you realize the concept of slang exists and it's even prevalent in his own fucking word, the proles speak differently than those even just a notch up.
In short 1984 is fucking stupid

In BNW things were a lot more complex because the world was not this black and white mess, it was a fucked up world that had a clear and moral reason to it which made it all the more fucked up. Even when he met the world controller it did not end in some type of fight, no brainwashed security guards were their stick one up john bum, it ended in them just talking and him giving a cold logical response about how the world literally has no choice but to become the way it is now

HATE CRIME=MINISTRY OF LOVE

I feel like the author omissed some critical details in BNW, in particular the human engineering/indoctrination/ritualizing/etc.

Actually, it seems to have been written by someone who had both of those books vaguely explained to them by other people.

HEY WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK, ANIMAL FARM VS CATCHER IN THE RYE?

t. missed the point of both books