Has anyone read any of Voltaire's works beyond Candide? Thoughts?

Has anyone read any of Voltaire's works beyond Candide? Thoughts?

I'm surprised all the /pol/tards spamming here never read Mahomet.
Voltaire btfoing Islam in the 18th century seems like the perfect work for them.

OK thanks but I've never posted on /pol/ and it has nothing to do with this thread.

the thread is about voltaire, so yes it does.
idiot.

"mahomet" is a Voltaire play you pea brained jackass

This thread is about Voltaire, it has nothing to do with /pol/.

>more /pol/ bait

"Voltaire btfoing Islam in the 18th century seems like the perfect work for them."

At least the alt-right is fighting for what is good even if they are naive

OK... jews and muslims getting btfo'd still has nothing to do with /pol/. Stop being paranoid, everyone hates jews and muslims these days because of the problems they cause and the spreading awareness of them due to the internet.

>racism and sexism
>good

>destroying western culture
>good

you have to go back

>Voltaire's works beyond Candide
Yes. More cheap wit, but nothing worth the time.

The alt-right is destroying western culture. You can't prove this wrong.

a poltard sneakily normalizing his antisemitism and islamopohobia as something "everyone" does
nicely done

The alt right seems to be the only entity that wants to preserve western culture.

Yeah. Micromegas, some of the Dictionary (too dated), the Letters from England, and the two major histories. Of those I liked The Age of Louis xiv best (but the literature from and about this time period is so rich from St.Simon to Nancy Mitford that it's difficult to rec).

the truth of that statememnt depends on how you define "western culture" and what you think the values of the alt-right are

Only if you're under the mistaken impression that western culture can exist without white people.

>more postmodern Jewish word games

oh jesus, it's the anuddah shoah crew

You admit that Jewish postmodernism is concerned with truth

Feels good when even normies start referring to postmodernism as jewish postmodernism.

I'm using your terms. Don't think too deeply about it

But most importantly you are using the *right* terms now. Good boy.

Western Culture doesn't need to be preserved. It absorbs everything. It will on & on on its own.

I take it logic isn't your strong point.

Western culture is a manifestation of European man. No one else is capable of re-creating it and its preservation begins and ends with the preservation of white people and our homelands, which requires a return to ethnostates and the removal of the jew poisoning western culture from within.

Western culture sustains itself through communicative rationality and the absorption of all phenomena under the reign of a hyperpositivist will to truth. Your childish concerns with race are only part of the false binary oppositions created in order to sustain the illusion of dialectic progress when in fact the world is becoming dominated by the drive to make all parts of it completely transparent, calculated, and hypervisible. /pol/ battles the mainstream media and both believe they are fighting a righteous battle for the good of society, when in fact regardless of who wins the semiocapitalist regime of sign exchange will continue to reproduce itself and its own reality principle. Your petty concerns demonstrate that you utterly lack any semblance of perspective and are simply ignorant of broader societal processes that are occurring under late capitalism. The world has been given to you as reality and you have taken in as such, when in fact you must render it more unintelligible.

The Logic proceeds from Divine Right to 1789 and beyond. The flight has been from authority. The irony is that a moral invisibility has been replaced by a financial one: the meek are not who [we] thought they'd be. They suck, actually. They're cowards, they hide behind their money, and by and large theyre white and male. And what's more, [they] own (you). Deal with it.

Not so subtle way of avoiding the point

Utter stupidity like that contained in this post is something I can only equate with a sperg reading too much Nick Land. Western culture is tied to race alone and your spergy and borderline lunatic misconceptions of how nature works should trouble you.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

>Good goy
ftfy

have fun literally living a meme ideology that has no justification and being wrong about literally every presupposition you make about the world.

They want to but shit on it in the process.

Sure dude, and keep blaming the abstract phantom menace of capitalism because you're either too afraid or too dumb to acknowledge or realize respectively that the actual problem extends from *people* who don't think like you and have disproportionate control over the levers that steer power in your society.

>western culture is tied to race only
Tbh its not even worth seriously engaging with you. Theres nothing about western culture inherently tied to race, other than the fact that white people just happened to be the ones living where the conditions were right to build stable enough society for science and literature to boom. Even then, the significant western societal advances were built off similar advanves in the Mid East and Asia. There's nothing inherently white about culture, other than the culture of brainlets insisting there is.

>*people* who don't think like you
Why is the way you think good?

When non-whites become 'Westernised' its not because their bloodline is being diluted by whites, buddy. The guy you're talking to is absolutely correct and Western society is perpetuated by its own established systems and protocols which reflect its beliefs. These things are not biological.

>white people just happened to be the ones living where the conditions were right
laughingamericanindian.jpg

>Believing the arts steer power in society

Just turn off the TV bro

>Theres nothing about western culture inherently tied to race
Every aspect of it is. That's who creates and has created it 100% of the time. Surely you are smarter than this and capable of making even the most basic of connections wrt this topic.

Why is American culture different to European culture if the first white Americans were European? What about these Europeans made them want to rebel against the monarchy?

I think in terms of what's good for my people and society because I'm a part of it; jews are not so they have a harmful effect on those things.

Why should you think in terms of what is good for you people?

I seriously can't even imagine being this intellectually limited.
>It's all genetics bro and the things we create are an extension of our genetics

That's completely absurd. Culture is an outgrowth of capabilities acquired over thousands of years of evolution. Mimicry is not a substitute.

>Ignoring the rest of his post for one line
He literally explained why it wasn't. Western culture is perpetuated by institutions. Plenty of societies have built successful institutions, western or otherwise. Ours are just the most successful right now, and you're confusing that lucky coincidence of your birth with the fact that white people traditionally live in western society.

It's jews, isn't it?

?

You want to believe in something that isn't true, that the manifestation of greatness is superficial and can be achieved at whim. That is silly but I'm sure you have your own personal motivations for believing such a thing (i.e., being non-white).

Culture is largely taught which involves mimicry. People aren't born with a genetic disposition to paint objects in three dimensions.

Youre neither historian nor logician.
I know exactly what I'm talking about and mistook (you) for someone capable of responding intelligently. Sorry. My bad..

I am asking you to justify the belief that you have a moral obligation to act in the favor of your own group

>Western culture is perpetuated by institutions. Plenty of societies have built successful institutions
No they have not, hence why they are storming white nations to rent seek off of them -- because they cannot create them themselves. And even to the extent those institutions exist outside of white nations they are more often than not imitations that don't function as well as those whites create.

>the manifestation of greatness is superficial and can be achieved at whim.

The fuck are you talking about

It's not, culture is a reflection of nature and that nature has been adapted over millennia and cannot simply be mimicked or re-created to equal degree by others who did not evolve in such environments. It's just silly to assert otherwise.

I thought 'they' were storming white nations because of the jews

>be born in a country that, at this time, institutions are currently failing
>decide to move to a country that, at this time, institutions are succeeding
It wasn't too long ago that the middle east was in a golden age. That the region isn't stable right now isn't proof of racial superiority. Its also not rent-seeking behavior - immigrants open businesses at a higher rate and the positive economic impact is well documented. Don't throw economic terms around when its clear you're not educated on the topic.

Then justify why it's moral for one to do the opposite. This is just how nature works, universalist morality need not factor in nor would you likely accept my attempt to make such an explanation.

>everyone who's racist or sexist or homo/transphobic or islamophobic or whatever originated from /pol/

>(i.e., you being non-white)
Confirmed.

Jews have opened the gates, yeah. Who wouldn't want to rent seek off of institutions one cannot create on their own, or turn down free money?

I am not making any moral claims here. Tell me though, why do you feel the need to spend your energy being angry and opposing the Jews, a heterogeneous group that you seem to have made in to an amorphous enemy of your very existence?

>on the website that hosts /pol/
>buttmad when somebody compares you to /pol/
Your handler is probably looking for you, retard.

Wrong, to the extent that there ever was a "golden age" in the ME that was the result of mixed Aryan peoples like Persians and Turks being somewhat capable due to that Aryan admixture. Arabs are completely dysfunctional and always have been. Your interpretation of ME has been skewed and your understanding of it is weak.

>free money
Where?

what i'm saying is that someone who has those qualities i listed isn't necessarily a /pol/ack, nor would they fit the mouth-breathing strawman of one that you've constructed

I don't accept the framing of your premise, but jews are very bad people. Whether you want to learn about why that is is something I accept I can only have so much sway over, but it's important for whites to understand how these things work to the degree that they are willing or capable.

My tax dollars as deemed fit to allocate by Uncle Sam.

I mean the process of enculturation is a process of teaching, hence the second sentence. You're not paying attention to the argument. Mimicry is absolutely vital in the continuation ('manifestation') of a culture. People of similar genetics can't just spontaneously reproduce a similar culture without using previously attained knowledge.

In terms of acculturation, some people from a culture either adapt or reject aspects of another culture. It's true that people evolve in environments and those environments determine substantially the 'reflection of [that] nature' i.e. the culture. At this point it's not just mimicry of another culture but appropriation of what works and what doesn't of a foreign culture; or adaptation.

Back to the original point, regardless of genetics a culture can adopt aspects of another culture, like my example of cultures becoming 'Westernised'. The Westernisation is not reflective of the genetic make-up of the people who are becoming Westernised, because culture is not really 'genetic' or an expression of genes. Culture is determined by the institutions that perpetuate it, given the laws etc. of how it is perpetuated, what is official, etc. These laws are a separate sphere from the genetics of the people who enact the laws.

>still doesnt explain the Gupta Empire
>still doesnt explain the Han Dynasty
Not to mention that race mixing in no way explains the Islamic golden ages. Multiple groups that contribured to this had nothing to do with the Persians or Turks. Read a history book, stop creating fan fiction to match your misunderstanding of reality.

>>(i.e., you being non-white)
>Confirmed.

But I wasn't arguing what you said I was arguing so it isn't really confirmed. Back to the question: what the fuck are you talking about?

How did you learn that? Did you study anthropology?

You should get over your own premises of good vs bad people. Racial hatred is only an expression of one's own weakness and inability to deal with the pain and suffering inherent in this world we live in, regardless of who may or may not be causing the suffering. The point is to love it and live a life be a creator, without having to define yourself in opposition to an external enemy. Because then you are nothing but a husk of a being.

Why did this jew conspiracy theory spring up in the same era as all the other conspiracy theories? Is there a connection? Why did people hate jews for religious reasons up until now when suddenly they're trying to destroy the white race?

Even if I were to accept most of your argument, you're more or less saying that a dumbed down, standardized, and exportable variation of "western culture" as loosely defined is a viable substitute or manifestation of the real thing, when I'm saying it's most definitely not.

No I explicitly pointed out what I was 'more or less' saying:
>Back to the original point, regardless of genetics a culture can adopt aspects of another culture, like my example of cultures becoming 'Westernised'.

I don't think it's a 'viable substitute' and that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I just reread my initial response. Seemed pretty clear.

The Boazian version of anthropology? I most definitely have.

You are very good at mimicking the narrative you're supposed to. But that doesn't impress me.

Do you know what the word "conspiracy" means? It's a real thing people do, especially tribal people. Try to think for yourself and you may start, in time, and with a lot of work and enhanced pattern recognition capabilities, learning about how the world works.

>Seemed pretty clear.

Yeah it's a sentence that makes sense but it doesn't make sense in the context of the discussion. It's not the opposite position of saying culture isn't genetic. Are you stalling or what? You seem pretty quiet.

Do you know that I deliberately used the term 'conspiracy theory' for a reason, not just 'conspiracy'? Anyway I wonder why this conspiracy theory has popped up during a general age of conspiracy theories. Maybe the jews did it to confuse us or to suggest anyone uncovering their plot of world domination was just a nut. Sounds plausible yes?

Okay, well, yes, Chinese people can play Mozart. But that's not really here nor there. European culture is superior, it's no surprise others are interested in it, as it should be no surprise that the feats accomplished within are a reflection of those one people alone. I'm happy if others want to mimic it but that has no bearing on who can create it.

have anyone of you ever read Goody?

>The Boazian version of anthropology? I most definitely have.
Care to explain what version that is?

I'm replying to several people and having this meta conversation is unsatisfying. Reask your question or state clearly what is confusing you if you would like a more substantial answer.

This boils down to your willingness to learn about a subject whose answers are readily available to you. There are no easy answers and you will continue to not 'get it' until you're willing to put in the time to seek those answers. Nothing I can do about that except encourage you to seek them and supply information when and where I can.

>a subject whose answers are readily available to you
Where?

inb4 Culture of Critique

No, because it's an easy thing for you to look up.

Start with the most recent addition to the meme trilogy.

How did you study it? Or did you just look it up also?

Do you think no one can possibly look into the evidence regarding the jewish question and think it is inconclusive at best and flat out misinformation at worst?

you're the meme, m8

It's pretty well-known, Franz Boaz is the jew's name if you want to follow the lead, which I don't expect you do since you mentioned anthropology in snark, and that was my snark back.

No, it doesn't work like that. I understand why you may scoff at such a statement, but there is a truth here that supercedes all opinion and possible subjective interpretation. But I understand that is difficult for many to accept since you do really have to rearrange the way you think to fully grasp it.

The virgin Leibniz, the Chad Voltaire

>there is a truth here that supercedes all opinion and possible subjective interpretation
you must be joking

Just rearrange your thinking bro

The scoff explicitly anticipated. But, yes. It's a one way street, as anyone who has gone down it will tell you.

So to educate myself I have to accept the premise that jews are bad beyond belief and work from that? Again, you can't be serious.

That's the result, not the initial premise you must accept. Are you white?

It's not a one way street at all. A lot of people held this kind of beliefs to then abandon them.

How do I educate myself, then? Is being white enough?

No, they haven't. The ones who say they have probably went half way or were too young to fully grasp the information or the actual ramifications of it. I've never been a pol person but something I've heard is that someone maybe browsed it in 200? or whatever, before the information had been synthesized via the internet to the extent it is now, and were put off by the notsee larping (which I completely understand, I am too) or what have you, but whose interpretation is muddied by that experience and who is thus opposed to reexploring that which has become more advanced, synthesized, and wide like available. I did it the hard way and didn't even know what pol was, still don't, but there's really no question regarding the central thesis of the JQ. It's merely a matter of one's willingness to tackle it.