Why does Veeky Forums hate binging with babish?

Why does Veeky Forums hate binging with babish?
Without referencing any other group of people, explain what about him or his cooking that you dislike?
Did he do something I’m not aware of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7cqYiUmutGI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He tried to shill his stupid Goodfellas video here before he got super popular, and I've hated him ever since. Also he's one of those balding+beard faggots.

General contempt for someone with basic skills being successful triggers the user

>Veeky Forums hates the bald + beard look because of the so called nu-male meme

dude is good looking, works out, has a successful youtube account, a new york apartment and probs a gf. He's fair more alpha than you'll ever be.

I don't care about "alpha" or "beta' or whatever other outdated, discredited evolutionary psychology memes you want to bandy about. He looks like a faggot, and I want to punch him in the face because of it. That's all there is to it.

fuck off babish
neck yourself

> good looking
Well, his humor and mannerisms make me cringe

You couldn’t even see his face until like very recently
Have you only recently started disliking him?

No, I disliked him after he tried to use Veeky Forums as a marketing platform.

Watching someone who's good at something makes me feel bad about myself, that's why I like Jack and hate Babish.
Jack makes me feel smart and talented.

It feels like he's speaking at me rather than to me.

because most of the people who browse here are 21 or younger, and/or obsessed with seeming cool by being edgy in a middle school sort of way

hi babish

he's popular on reddit
that's it

>Smug
>Literally only one bad gimmicks
,>Fucking cartoon food

>I hate him because he posted original content here in the past
...what?

He's alright, I like when he tries to make some absurd cartoon concoction, but I wouldn't use him as an actual reference for cooking advice or basics.

Most people on Veeky Forums hate what's popular, usually for a minor reason. Especially if it's popular on other sites. The fact that 95% of people who hate this guy just say "he's a fag" or "Reddit" because they don't have any legitimate complaints. Babish isn't the best but I don't think there's much you can really be angry at the guy for, unless you're just upset at how successful he became by making meme recipes.

He did?

So, he posted a cooking related video on Veeky Forums and some of you guys hate him for that. Yeah that makes sense(?)

I have never seen his videos but I saw a single webm on here and decided I don't like him. Generally, I dislike over the top cooking and he seems to fit the bill.

>Literally love shilling
>Unironically think using this board for free advertising is OC

>Posting OC that you've done is shilling
You can just watch the youtube video with adblock on though. This "shilling" idea is fucking retarded when it's a content creator showing it off to a forum specifically for that topic.

He wasn't posting it for discussion he was pushing it to get views and income it's disingenuous to act otherwise. Earlier today was a Kickstarter fag that was adamantly defending his idea that could be done with fucking wood chips. Literally a commercial on the front page pushing a product. As if the fast food and sip shilling isn't enough

I fucking hate people who cook too
Any post that retains to original content or cooking takes away from all the things that make this board good like alcohol and fast food, two things that I love to discuss frequently
Every time somebody waste space on the stupid board posting cooking things I can't fucking stand it, they take away from the only things about food that's good, why the fuck would I spend my personal time cooking when some disgusting wagecuck can do it for me while I get blaste
Fuck the dumbass """"chefs"""" who cook food

>Why does Veeky Forums hate binging with babish?

Maybe, just maybe, because some reddit tier cancer fags come here to just chill this guy and then proceed to "W-why do you goys hate him so much? Jelly much XDDDDD" when some one told you to fuck off.

>cooking with unkempt facial hair

Absolutely not.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. We don't actually cooking.

What are your thoughts on Monster energy drinks?

Because he had a good idea and he got big really quickly by doing it

Those Cubans he made from Chef looked really good

he's a shitty fucking cook and everytime i see these threads I see stupid fucks like you bringing him up and reminding me of why i dislike him and you. also the same people who defend him everytime with the same stupid remarks

I've never seen one of his videos, I've seen him mentioned here a few times.
My feelings are neutral about him.

They're pretty entertaining videos. I suppose the hate comes from the production quality which appeals to a mass audience as well as attempting to do food from shows/movies.

babbish is a cool guy, i've been watching him since his video of Pasta Aglio e Olio... I like the aesthetics of his videos, how he didn't showed his face doing them and his commitment to do the reciped exactly as it is.

I learned a lot by him and he inspired me... but now his channel is just a den of idiots/redditors, don't know what happened, but I don't feel any desire to watch his videos anymore.

maybe if he actually knew how to cook instead of just parroting ATK and chef john. people who defended him initially said that he wasn't teaching people how to cook just doing a little show, which is fair, but now he thinks he's doing exactly that. and it's just about completely worthless

Well, if you are a chef, you can tell that he is a home cook kind of winging it and definitely not bringing anything new to the table other than his gimmick of recreating dishes from TV and film. His production value is good not great. His voiceovers are terrible.

>I learned a lot by him
like what?

Veeky Forums just mad hes more successful compared to their idol, Jack

This.

>reddit the cooking show

jack is the real king

yeah, of course you don't care. you don't care up until the point someone you don't like acts weak so you can call him a cuck and a beta

Veeky Forums - Fastfoodshilling & cucking

Sometimes Youtube recommend me his videos but I am simply not interested. I don’t want to see “lol so funny” recreations from cartoons. He doesn’t look like a professional so I don’t want to watch his videos. I just want videos straight to the point and that’s it.

I don't what you're expecting with the "lol so funny" but his videos are pretty straightforward

I don't really mind him.

don't mind him, but dude does NOT know how to make a fucking pizza

he is at most, a somewhat lukewarm host

He's not horrible, but none of the recipes he's done have looked good enough to make me want to try making them.

His pizza sauce looked fucking gross.

It was orange because his dumb ass blended it instead of just breaking the tomatoes up with his hands.

i mean he's not bad but your post reminds me of the fact that he seems to be learning everything from watching chef john, which is fine i guess but he really shouldn't posit himself as like a master chef like he seems to imply, especially with his basics videos.

>works out
looks like hes never done anything physical in his entire life

Babish is soy
Townsend is /ourgoy/

>some faggot fuck is consistently taking the time to make threads to challenge people on their dislike or dismissal of some prick with a YouTube channel and thinks trying to argue people into liking a YouTube channel is a worthwhile endeavour.

Sad bastard.

>Why does Veeky Forums hate binging with babish?
We get threads about him every (other) week or so, usually with one user going off about how much they hate him and how his newest episode is dumb for one reason or another.

Thing is, the majority of the responses are either just neutral or somewhat positive. Nobody is in love with the guy, but they don't hate him and there's a couple of upsides to the show, like its production value. There's just a very vocal minority who hate him for being a bald numale soboy redditor or whatever, and because he's popular.

This, he's not a great chef, but the show is entertaining and the recipes are sometimes interesting. Some people get way too worked up about this guy.

The same reason Veeky Forums hates 99% of shit that's popular: Contrarianism.

This

For everyone spitting their chips over him there is another that either likes or is indifferent.

A couple of shitposting faggots does not make a consensus

this desu
I learned 80% of my cooking skills from Chef John and whenever I'm praised by whoever I'm cooking for I always refer them to foodwishes instead of acting like some smug bastard

youtube.com/watch?v=7cqYiUmutGI

Well he's garbage at making calzones, for one thing. Overall I don't mind him though.

No one liked him when he was a nobody and an equal number of people call him out on his contrived bullshit today

you probably look like a faggot lol

Why can't people dislike groups or individuals without providing a valid cause? I dislike Niggers and Jews, I don't have to justify it. You libtarded libshits have gone over the edge.

>gf
Bad news friend. He's gay

He tries way too hard and doesn't give any actual advice. Chef John from foodwishes.com is vastly superior.

Chef John is as useful as a classic cook book

haha very funny but in all seriousness we can't let nu/pol/ get the nuclear codes

This is the fucking cancer that killed Veeky Forums.
Enjoy your lackluster life and colon cancer, you fucking retard.

Nah it was orange because of his shitty lighting, you can see the same thing in his sauces video

I mean he's no Pepin, but he's a decent first step for mongs who can't even cook fucking chicken palatably.
There's a lot of people on youtube like that; for anyone whos already even half-decent at home cooking, they're useless, but they make an accessible first move into the cooking world.

I like how he helps remove the stigma of cooking as a feminine passion, a lot of places have finally shook that way of thinking but more conservative, rural areas are still repressed cucks

You guys realize most of these threads are started by him right? He used reddit to help him gain fame and its not hard to troll you guys into getting a thread going.

>imbligny

how easily do you get baited, goddamn

Not the user you responded to, but I learned a little bit. Mostly its exposure to recipes I wouldn't have tried otherwise, and I can judge whether or not I'll be able to make them. I've made a couple recipes straight from his videos for my inlaws and they have this idea I'm a pro-chef now.

He's not fantastic, but his videos definitely have some value to them, and I've never regretted subscribing.

If somebody killed him, posted a video on YouTube of cooking his remains and called it 'Binging on Babish' would that be 'Edgy' or 'Comedy'?

i want to fuck this guy wearing historical attire

that would a step further in our progress as a civilization

wait really?
gibe post number

Because he's lucky. He wasn't the first to make food form entertainment stuff but hes is currently the most seccqssful

How the fuck am I supposed to remember that?

I think he is a pretty cool guy. His videos have really professional editing and are good to watch when cozy.

ur just mad becose hes amazeballs!!! bazingo!!!!

So your lying gotcha

>I'm lying because I don't remember the exact post number of a thread made 15 months ago
eat my ass, faggot

>too retarded to use the archive

BaB isn't bad, he's pretty chill and shit and his stuff is interesting to watch. Keep in mind that opinions on a board does not make it the whole board, people will either hate him or like him.

Now, an objective fact is that Jack Scatalini is a fucking garbage dump of a man.

To be honest, I think he's a little elitist with his recipes. It's not hate as much as a dislike.

It's a cooking show on youtube that has editing and camera work that isn't total fucking garbage

they're pretty rare

Then why don't YOU use the archive?

9/11 was an inside slop

>immigration in America
>extremely selective and controlled
lmao

People who can't cook find his cursory knowledge off putting. People who can cook find his frivolous use of appliances to be the obvious flags that they are for his overcompensating. I don't hate the guy by any means, I even enjoy most of his videos, but I don't look up to him for anything other than his ambition.

I did. I didn't find anything. But I didn't have any keywords to work with other than "Goodfellas" and "Babish". Wanna help me out here?

He should have kept his face hidden.

He tries a bit too hard with his reactions after becoming popular.

He relies on pop culture references rather than skillful adaptations or original works. The adaptations he does make typically are nothing like the original recipe but also aren't very innovative. His basics with babish are a step in the right direction.

Are you talking about him always using a food processor ?

Wrong board, dipshit.

This

He's not a professional chef. He admits that in the first video. He just has an understanding of what to do in the kitchen like most people. Also his videos are pretty straightforward. He just makes jokes sometimes for his audience

>nothing like the original recipe
Are you actually retarded? If something is shown, he does it how it's shown. If something isn't shown he makes an accurate depiction of it. He always makes it like how it is in the show

can't remember which videos off the top of my head but there are definitely some where he's like "but I'm using this instead" and uses some "fancier" equivalent