When did you realise Western-Centrism is true lol?

Who wants to listen to dead white men debate pseudo-topics like "Does free will exist?" and "Is X moral?" LOL!

What pointless garbage, Hindus had it right thousands of years ago and Christcucks can't into Islamic Mysticism

John Locke? More like John SHLOCK lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think there are plenty of cultures whose intellectual outputs are worth studying, and I also think there are plenty more whose aren't.

So you agree Western """""""philosophy"""""""" is shit lol?

>implying anything out of value philosophically has come out of anything but the west
Kalam cosmological argument excluded (not a theist but still it beats Anselm lel)

>Islamic Mysticism
Does it even exist? How can it exist?

all im saying is there's a reason academic philosophy ignores the eastern traditions

The philosophy surrounding Buddhism is pretty good

>academic philosophy

LMAO, that's the point. The western """"""""""canon""""""""""" is a made up shlock of old garbage, put together by brainlet white male professors who teach these subjects so they get that big fat paycheck at the end of each month.

Thank god someone realised this (unfortunately a jew) and fixed this in 1953 only for the brainlet white males to ruin it all over again

The highest castes of Hindus are love babies from Aryan conquests of the Indian subcontinent, so Hindu culture is also western culture, or what's left of its ancient Pagan roots.

LMAO, not only does this brainlet think """"western"""" means purely geography but he also doesn't realise PAGANISM originates with the ancient indian volk

m8 you just admitted to not knowing who rumi and khayyam are when basic blue haired SJW bitches have heard of their poetry. just fucking leave this board, you're greater cancer than OP.
because dignaga's logic predates hegel's by more than a millennium?
goodman didn't publish about grues til 1955
listen to the fag who read evola if you want to evola larp

>buddhism
>philosophy
pick one, buddhism is just as mystical as scholastic christian doctrines
???????????? at what point do you think the canon was "put together"? like, descartes has been "canonized" since Kant, and Kant was "canonized" immediately... modern attention to philosophers roughly correlates with how influential they were on their period/history?
are you talking about Witt? what?

LMAO, this brainlet thinks that by calling something mystical it DElegitimizes it

Islam is not a mystical religion. If you disagree then explain why I am wrong.

because the sufi branch is 100% mysticism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism

that argument form though
>she used a word commonly associated with something i like in a dismissive way
>therefore i win

he literally gave you two sufi poets famous in the west...

Reminder that euro-centrism is itself an idea originating in the western tradition

>whole branch is considered mystical
>doesn't have mysticism inherent to it
Explain this shit. What is Sunni mysticism?

>sunni mysticism = sufi
"no"

Listen BUD, I was talking about Wittgenstein, your point?

Correct. So are there any mystical elements to Sunni Islam or is it all limited to Sufi Islam?

1) Witt didn't see himself as Jewish, he saw himself as German and was 3/4 German (though there are those who believe that Witt and Hitler met when they attended the same school, and even potentially even fought)
2) Witt was as invested in "the canon" as anyone else, he basically sucked Russell's dick and hung out with the vienna circle (even if he was an asshole to them lol)
3) in what way did Witt "fix" anything you're talking about?

they're not exclusive and you should read more.

>1) Witt didn't see himself as Jewish, he saw himself as German and was 3/4 German (though there are those who believe that Witt and Hitler met when they attended the same school, and even potentially even fought)

LMAO, literally untrue, he was 3/4 JEWISH and later admitted this to Moore and Russell after having lied to them that he was 1/4 JEWISH

Nice historical Revisionism brainlet

>2) Witt was as invested in "the canon" as anyone else, he basically sucked Russell's dick and hung out with the vienna circle (even if he was an asshole to them lol)

He completely rejected them and NEVER once went to a vienna circle meeting despite knowing their leader

Nice historical revisionism brainlet

>3) in what way did Witt "fix" anything you're talking about?

Haven't read PI or OC, brainlet?

>LMAO, literally untrue, he was 3/4 JEWISH and later admitted this to Moore and Russell after having lied to them that he was 1/4 JEWISH
hmm, seems you're right, thanks for the info. it is true though that he didn't consider himself Jewish. both he and his parents were raised Catholic
>He completely rejected them and NEVER once went to a vienna circle meeting despite knowing their leader
So first of all the vienna circle saw themselves as extending the work done by him and Russell on logical atomism. While Witt wasn't a member proper, it is undeniably true that he hung out with them - Schlick, Waismann, Carnap, etc. (Read the paper Wittgenstein and the Vienna Circle.) Obviously later Witt doesn't agree with most of that stuff anymore though.
>Haven't read PI or OC, brainlet?
In these books, Witt proposes theories that are opposed to many of the positions held by those in the canon. Literally every well-known philosopher proposes some theory that is opposed to what came before him. Make your point intelligently, instead of saying something snarky and ending your sentence with "brainlet" like you literally consume memes for energy

Wew, thanks for the reply, I'm very attracted to you right now. How can we speak about this in a different place?

I think Islamic Mysticism has it's roots in Platonism.

>telling the retard more retarded shit
nice

Great explanation. Why are all Islamophiles such fucking faggots?

>the Veeky Forums board told me to read more
>it must be because they love islam
>it couldn't be there's books on islam i could read
sorry we don't have a twitter or youtube blog or facebook post to spoonfeed you information with, but we are the literature board and kind of expect you to have read a book about the subject before you post.
maybe ask /vp/ for cheat codes for mewtwo? they might be more amenable to your dependency on the achievements of others for info.

You seem very defensive. All I wanted was an explanation but you've been on defense since the first post. It makes me think you aren't informed at all and just want to feel like a reddit intellectual.

Your library will provide you with a catalog of works tracing the origins of Islamic mysticism. I'll provide you one for $300. Your choice.

The Greeks solved philosophy.

No point in reading anything else.

I realized the "old white heterosexual male" thing is true when one day I read a particularly strong example of it, and then I remembered some video I saw of a woman parodying the style of male authors, and it was exactly the same.

From then on, I keep seeing the ridiculous arrogance in how we claim white heterosexual males are the only ones who write decent books. They all sound exactly the same. Contain the same themes and styles. The same types of characters. The same male-centric idealism. I now view most novels in the same way I used to view overtly feminine literature. It literally reads the same to me, except obviously different.

That put me on the read to really realising that we only value the things that come from people we really identify with/want to be. The meaning of the texts of others are usually lost on us, because of our own self absorption.

The sophists did. Everyone else put us on a massive wasted detour

>he doesn't know about based Orthodoxy or mount Athos

>implying anything of philosophical value has come out of the West
Indian philosophy solved all the ontological and epistemology problems that the west is, still, unable to solve, thousands of years ago

>indian philosophy solved all the problems
>"lol all the world is an illusion, you're actually God bro, trust me, you just suffer from divine amnesia, stop identifying with your body or something... fuck it, lets get high and worship cows"
yes, all problems solved

>Indian philosophy solved all the ontological and epistemology problems that the west is, still, unable to solve, thousands of years ago
These problems have been solved a thousand times over across many different cultures. The problem, then and now, is that people simply dont want to listen.

>triple dubs
So what's your problem. Can you refute it?

Hitler did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't want to refute something so comically absurd as indian religion.

When you fuckers started disrespecting the Slav-ubermensch
Pieces of shit

It's quite literally impossible to understand or appreciate Indian philosophical doctrines without knowing Sanskrit, so it's only natural that the majority of the world and this board ignores it

Wtf kind of argument is that. You make it sound like an even worse doctrine than I initially thought. I mean, you can read the works of Hume or Plato in pretty much any language. What makes sanskrit so special?

It's called Sufism and has a very developed tradition.

The reason why it's impossible to appreciate Hindu thought without knowing sanskrit has less to with the specialty of sanskrit and more to do with the poor quality of most translations available. These translations are rife with ridiculous Juedo-Christian terminology which makes a mockery out of all native Indic thought. Since Hindu and Buddhist thought is more concerned about direct experience than Western thought, the fact that these translations are poor is a huge hurdle for anyone wishing to understand them on a meaningful level.