Borges: Dislike him. Second-rate writer of puffed-up...

>Borges: Dislike him. Second-rate writer of puffed-up, ponderous pulp-fiction and vulgar cartoonish two-dimensional characters.

>William Shakespeare: Dislike him. A formidable mediocrity.

>Cormac Mccarthy: Love him. One would like to have filmed him at breakfast, feeding a sardine to his cat.

>James Joyce: Have always been fond of him. One would like to have filmed his picnics. The greatest children's story writer of all time.

I've seen better criticism here

Other urls found in this thread:

wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He disliked Dostoyevsky too

Nabokov was a pussy. I could have beat him in a fight for sure. If I could go back in time I'd savagely beat Nabokov in a street brawl

Faulkner>Nabakov

CORNCOBBY

in your dreams, fattie. you'd get destroyed by nabby only to wake up with him smelling your sweaty armpits. guy was a fucking freak i'm pretty sure. Lolita is 100% autobiographical.

>Tolstoy, Leo. A favorite between the ages of 10 and 15, and thereafter. Read complete works between 14 and 15. Nobody takes his utilitarian moralism seriously. A genius.
>War and Peace. A little too long. A rollicking historical novel written for the general reader, specifically for the young. Artistically unsatisfying. Cumbersome messages, didactic interludes, artificial coincidences. Uncritical of its historical sources.
>Flaubert, Gustave. A favorite between the ages of 10 and 15, and thereafter. Read complete works between 14 and 15.

Does he assume every 15 year old is a precocious genius who has already amassed adequate life experience and wisdom to appreciate such novels?

>>William Shakespeare: Dislike him. A formidable mediocrity.
wtf I actually agree with this little fagboy sissy prick cunt childfucker pampered whoreson cunt hmmmmmmmmmmm

this is how i feel about sartre, we would fight until one of us died (it would be him obviously my feral rage is really something else)

Shakespeare, William. Read complete works between 14 and 15. One would like to have filmed him in the role of the King's Ghost. His verbal poetic texture is the greatest the world has ever known, and immensely superior to the structure of his plays as plays. It is the metaphor that is the thing, not the play. A genius.

Its fake and gay.

wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations

Cool story chode. But I live and breathe mma everyday of the week and I ain't afraid of some pedo dingy, drunk prosefag slav. You would never say shit to me in real life probably cause your third chin would warp whatever sound tried to come out of your hamburger hole. But should you step up I'll happily samoan ankle drop you back into the gutter where you belong.

He was a prancing la-la homosex
Good writer, doe

>One would have liked to film x

??

I can't think of any other author who was as close to his wife as Nabakov was to Vera.

It'a a meme, but I think he was an effeminate melancholic, meaning he'd get pummeled into the ground by just about anyone on this NEET board

>implying Nabokov did
>implying wisdom and intelligence are the same thing

>Borges

I find most Spanish writers are overrated.

I will die uncertain of how anyone has ever given this hack fraud piece of shit the light of day. He is a horrible writer with not a single redeeming quality.
>>muh butterflies
>>muh piss poor translations

I wish he was revived so I could kill him myself.

>Writes the self fellatio that is known as Pale fire
>Shakespeare is mediocre
Now I like his writings and all but damn self reflect once in a while.

The names are obviously changed, the characters in Pale Fire even talk about how much they love Shakespeare.

Nabokov is dead, he can't self reflect anymore, ya monkey.

I love nabokovposting

We are two of a soul, mate.

He is also so fucking pompous. Blegh disgusting

Congrats, both of you are utter plebeians.