Started reading Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche, don't get it. How do I understand it?

Started reading Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche, don't get it. How do I understand it?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What other philosophical works have you read?

Buy the cliff notes and don't fall for the nihlism meme

Sparknotes

This is the first work I have read, though I understand the concepts that have been referred to so far (just reached part 2 the free spirit)

Yeah, that's the problem.
There are 2000 years of philosophy behind Nietzsche and one ought to know them.
Look at this guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

Fun fact, the artist who did the cover art for that edition also painted this. "Not kennt kein gebot" means Necessity has no law.

nietzsche is just smearing his poop on paper and telling people to ignore their conscience and moral intuition, pay no attention to syphillitic betas.

you won't understand a lot of the first chapter if you aren't familiar with the philosophers he's responding to, these guys are right. supplementary material will help you get the gist of what he's saying

> literally this was my first philosophy book
> fell for the nihilist meme
> understood nothing, gave up 50 pages in
> goal has been to take years to devour the entire canon in that Google docs user posted above
Someday, Nietzsche. Someday.

If this is the first time you read something by nietzsche, try to read ecce homo first.

This is literally the first book I read and it was easy. If you don't understand it I recommend Marvel Movies.

This. He's not hard at all to ingest and his dialect is actually very engaging cuz he was a bit of an arrogant asshole.

It's better to read Birth of Tragedy then The Genealogy of Morals. If you aren't already familiar with Neetchy's arguments it can easily come off like he's just spouting unsubstantiated bullshit in BG&E.

Read How To Read books first.

Is how to read a book a meme? Also can anyone recommend the reading list that it has included?

>the weak should fear the stronk

You've started to read it like it is a fiction. Now open the first page and keep in mind it's not.

And hes hilarious. He beats you down with lolz while telling you why you are wrong, and how you could ever be stupid enoigh for beliving what you believed in the first place.

Pretty extensive. At least:

>scbopenhauer
>kants critique of reason
>marcus arelius, though not specifically mentioned he rubbishes the stoics
>platos republic
>descartes meditations

More, but this seems minimum if you want to follow along with his polemic of past philosophy

You're supposed to start with Geneology of Morals.