Tfw got out of mental hospital after becoming a morphine addict and alcoholic three years ago

>tfw got out of mental hospital after becoming a morphine addict and alcoholic three years ago
>brother bought for me a house on the coast
>it's an ancient thatch-covered house with peeling walls and worm-eaten woodwork
>on the outskirts of village
>brother sent a sixty-year old caretaker to look after me
>argue with her once in a while
>cough blood occasionally
>send her off to village drugstore to buy sleeping pills
>take ten before bed
>feel cramp in stomach, rush to toilet
>they were laxatives
>lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, a hot water bottle on my stomach

Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.

This year I am twenty-seven. My hair has become much greyer. Most people would take me for over forty.

Can anyone recommend me any books for this feeling?

>>brother bought for me a house on the coast
>>it's an ancient thatch-covered house
that's some serious bank behind your blogpost. thatched houses are a major morale hazard and insurance on those bitches is priced accordingly.
>book rec makes it Veeky Forums
dorian gray and the fucking sticky you spoiled sunflower

>bought me a free house

You're literally living the dream. Stop complaining

>not being homeless is the dream
What shithole of a country do you live in?
OP: I highly recommend Stoner by John Williams

>What shithole of a country do you live in?
where do you live that your brother buying you a house is not a major purchase beyond the usual?

probably should read some Calvin and Hobbes and find a hobby
take up jogging or something

You're out of the hospital but you might want to focus on your health a little bit before you decide you're going to read Sartre and Stoner

>ancient thatch covered house
>on the outskirts of a village
If you have an actual career then this is not that big of an investment if you think it will save a loved one's life.

>major purchase
>"oh no, it's just a summerhouse :3"
I can see why you became an addict.

>If you have an actual career a house is not that big of an investment
HAHAHAJAHAHA

>
>Everything passes.
>This year I am I am twenty-seven.
>My hair has become grey
Oh for fuck's sake, grow up OP.

I'm not OP you fucking tard
How much do you think this damn house costed?

it's still a major purchase, you absolute ninny.

Crime and Punishment, in particular focus on the relationship between Razumikim and Raskolnikov.

I could buy a shack for $10k. Monthly payments on it would be about the same as a car payment. For a middle class person that's not a burden.

>gets a free house on the comfy coast
>muh muh muh muh

you should be killed you insufferable fag

>be a recovering addict
>with zero direction in life
>probably have no career or job
>probably have zero day to day contact physical human beings besides some caretaker
>probably have no friends
>attempt suicide
>some faggot tells you to kill yourself because he's jealous of the shithole you live in

Be grateful for what you have.how's that for advice? You're not special. I used to have a drug problem, I tried to kill myself, and I grew the fuck up. You have people who are obviously helping you and you act like some drama queen. Live in real life and get your shit in order instead of trying to summon pity on some autistic peruvian message board.

all thatched cottages on google are coming up with standard house prices (keep in mind the land is most of the price of any house). what you consider middle class might be in toronto, but not in the majority of the world. it's a major purchase for the middle class to buy a second home outright even if it is a shack.

Once again: I'm not OP, hence the use of "probably" in my comment. I'm pretty sure he hasn't even posted in this thread. And sure, his blogpost may be pity party summons, but I think there is some actual merit to it even if he didn't dress it up very well. The laxatives bit is actually pretty funny in a morbid way.

all those problemes are your fault, you didn't become an addict from nowhere, retard. Everyone deals with what you are dealing with. But they don't act like little bitches over it

>with zero direction in life
>probably have no career or job
>probably have zero day to day contact physical human beings
>probably have no friends

me right there, but i have no free house. i would do anything just to have a place in the outskirts where i could think straight.

You were in there for three years?? I was in there for three days for attempting suicide three times, but I was able to lie to get out after my hold ended. Holy shit how did you survive?

Also I recommend Slaughter House Five

>i'm an enabler
you're not helping OP

Sorry, I just like being angery. I'm still not buying the laxatives/sleeping pill story. In any case, if xe was serious xe'd have known xe can't OD on OTC sleeping pills, especially in America, at least as far as I know what is available there.

I feel you OP

>calling him a faggot helps him
I just want to point out that the majority of this thread consists of people being jealous of a person with basically nothing going well for him simply because he lives in a shitty house on the outskirts of a village.
>I'm still not buying the laxatives/sleeping pill story
Either way I'm stealing it.

Read Crime and Punishment

I only read the "This year I am twenty-seven" and knew what you were talking about.

Why did you leave out the part about walking into the sea with a QT?

Ah, well, he fooled me. All my comments are now directed at Osamu Dazai. Get your life in order you lazy bum!

>d consists of people being jealous of a person
1. one user is envious
2. jealous would imply that user had the thatched cottage and was pissed off about squatters
3. he's meant to be a faggot
4. filial piety demands respect for his brother suffering that leech
5. you're so vapidly middle class it hurts

For fucks sake you guys this is the plot of No Longer Human

The part about the grey hair is even a direct quote from the preface. This is how you can tell noone actually reads here

No, it's from the final chapter. Would anybody have noticed that it was from No Longer Human if I hadn't added the final lines? Anyway, I'm still looking for books for this feeling.

>these guys haven't read the English translation of this book I like, clearly they're illiterate

>can't OD on sleeping pills

What does that even mean?

more Dasai or The Sea The Sea

I think you dropped some words in your quote there, user.
>OTC

And if you're serious, I meant that in current day America, I highly doubt there are over the counter sleeping pills one could overdose on to commit suicide. You could fuck up your kidneys or liver maybe, but that would just be very slow and painful, no one would do this. The whole overdosing on sleeping pills is more about older hypnotics, sedatives and barbiturates. In the context of 1973 or whatever Japan, the idea that someone could go to a pharmacy to buy sleeping pills he could use to commit suicide makes sense. In modern day America, unless you have a prescription for something, you're out of luck and have to continue living.

Whatever, what does it mean?

Is this swapping pills nonsense in "no longer human"?

Yeah, it makes. It's probably like this in Italy too. But the overdose by taking too much sleeping pills is kind of a cliche. Don't you think that somebody would fall for it in 2017, thinking that the pills will give him/her a peaceful death?

>He hasn't even worked his way through the Japanese Canon yet

Only acceptable if you're still in highschool

I do think dumb kids might try that, but taking half a bottle of melatonin or a handful of regular Tylenols might is really just going to bring them to a rude awakening. In the best case scenario it will just make them sick, and in the worst case it will lead to organ failure without immediate death. If anyone tries to kill themselves with over the counter sleeping pills, they're either starving for attention or dumb - or if I'm kind, ignorant - as hell.