Aside from their obvious differences in prose...

Aside from their obvious differences in prose, wouldn't you say that Nietzsche is just a slightly darker and more sophisticated version of Aristotle?

No you complete fool

Truly revolutionary discovery.

You'll have to go into a lot more detail. I'm not seeing it.

apart from the fact they're different entirely then yeh, you're really on to something

Maybe in regards to ethics, but definitely not metaphysics.

Specifically the concept of Master-Slave morality, user.

You'll have to go into a lot more detail. I'm not seeing it.

>more SOPHISTicated

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Aristotle was the fucking sophist. He was larping as a philosopher when in reality he was just autistic as hell. Nietzche dismantled 2000 years of he and Plato's bullshit. Nietzsche is the real philosopher. He's even humble about his greatness.

I love Nietzsche, but humble lol.

"Some day institutions will be needed in which men live and teach as i conceive of living and teaching; it might even happen that a few chairs will then be set aside for the interpretation of Zarathustra. But it would contradict my character entirely if I expected ears and hands for my truths today: that today one doesnt hear me and doesnt accept my ideas is not only understandable, it even seems right to me. I dont want to be confounded with others--not even by myself.

Ya, you are right. He is just being honest

Babby's first philosophy

Stick with the Stoics, chump.

Jokes on you I only read Heraclitus

You clearly didn't

Stoicism today will be a kind spiritual anlienation? I am asking because I am interesed in stoicism and buddhism, but I fell that the only thing to get is "lol man up" which is okay if you are rich and powerful, but what about the not so fortunate people, brainwashed, worker ant of modernity.I think its precisely this kind of philosophies that will consolidate further their actual economical and social states.
Is real stoicism and real buddhism incompatible of modern life?
Or should I shut up and read them myself?

>A vague anonymous post
>Clearly indicating anything

To Greeks, virtue meant excellence. So you could be a "virtuous" liar by excelling at it. Christianity, extending from Hebrew philosophy, altered virtue from excellence towards something like piety. This is the master slave dichotomy.

Perhaps it's relevant that one of the most important Stoic texts we possess was written by a Roman Emperor.

Pseud detected. Someone hasn't read Meno.

Or Aristotle.

So it IS an agent of economical and social stagnation? A sort of phylosophical background for the so-called lastman.

At the least, I don't think it's concerned with those things very much.

>Nietzsche, you seem to have a croissant glued to your face, here let me get that for you

Aristotle was a hundred times more intelligent than Nietzsche could ever hope to be

Nah not at all lol, Nietzsche took the pre-Socratics in a very different direction than Aristotle